Regional Qtr Final Teams

Guest mrtomcat

14 hours ago, MYHOUSE said:

Hardin(36-7) lost to East Bernard (46-1) 

4 sets

18-25, 25-23, 23-25, 23-25

It's 37-6, not 36-7.  All of those losses came against either state ranked teams or larger schools (4A Huffman 2x, #2 3A East Bernard,  6A Conroe, 4A Fredericksburg, #9 4A Stephenville).

1 hour ago, Steven Avery said:

BH lost in 4 and BC lost in 4 as well. Rough night for SETX 

Didn't get to see the BC match, but watched the BH match on NFHS.  Tough loss to a good Manvel squad, but BH had their chances.  In that 4th set it looks like the bottom dropped on their passing and they weren't able to right the ship until it was too late.  For the most part, the other phases of their game looked good enough to win, but passing seemed to be the biggest weakness in all the sets last night.

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

How was Stephenville compared to Huffman?

We played Huffman pretty well in the Dayton/YMBL tournaments even though we lost in 3 both times.  Scores were very close as well.

It was really early in the season when we played Stephenville at the Wimberley Tournament so my memory may be a bit off but I seem to remember that they had size (taller than Huffman) and one middle was really good.  Good blockers too, I think. Stephenville took Hardin down in 2 games. Scores were in the 25-16/17 range, I believe. 

On 11/10/2021 at 3:27 PM, Chester86 said:

Thank you, I kinda thought that might happen.  8 freshmen on Varsity, they will have some good years coming up.

They lost to Neches, who made it to Reg final losing to Sulphur Bluff 3-2. Yellowjackets caught a buzz saw right out of the gate.  Should be tough next few years with 8 Freshmen.

On 11/19/2021 at 4:21 PM, kenny powers said:

What happened to Bellville and the rest of the greater houston area? They are all getting smoked. Manvel got worked in 5a, Bellville in 4a, Columbus in 3a.

And I just noticed East Bernard got worked as well before state. Yikes 

We ran into the defending state champs… and they were amazing. Decatur also ended up beating Celina 25-23 25-10 25-10 so it is what it is lol They we’re just on a different level 

18 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

We ran into the defending state champs… and they were amazing. Decatur also ended up beating Celina 25-23 25-10 25-10 so it is what it is lol They we’re just on a different level 

I agree, Celina looked really good in that game.  Nothing to be ashamed of though.  Similar situation in 5a, Lovejoy was just on another level than every other team.