Crosby 31 Nederland 17/Final

AggiesAreWe

PNGFaithful

I watched 10 Bulldog games and I saw a text n of arm tackling and poor fundamental tackling skills. In other words, a very weak defense

Faircloth takes the top athletes and puts them on offense and then the defense takes shape. He gets ridiculed, but seems to make the playoffs. 

I don’t know if Barrow and staff have been to the playoffs more than 1 time since he has become head coach. 

PNG and Nederland have just about equal talent, however it seems as if PNG gets more production from their players than Nederland does in my opinion 

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

PNGFaithful

I watched 10 Bulldog games and I saw a text n of arm tackling and poor fundamental tackling skills. In other words, a very weak defense

Faircloth takes the top athletes and puts them on offense and then the defense takes shape. He gets ridiculed, but seems to make the playoffs. 

I don’t know if Barrow and staff have been to the playoffs more than 1 time since he has become head coach. 

PNG and Nederland have just about equal talent, however it seems as if PNG gets more production from their players than Nederland does in my opinion 

Nah bro, Nederland has more talent than PNG at every position group on the field other than QB and RB. PNG has less talent than KP this year. You’re right though, Ned had the 3rd or 4th most talent in the district and finished in a clear cut 6th. 

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

PNGFaithful

Curious:  When it came time to hire a new coach at Nederland, was Barrow the best candidate available?  Or was there other factors involved?

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Nah bro, Nederland has more talent than PNG at every position group on the field other than QB and RB. PNG has less talent than KP this year. You’re right though, Ned had the 3rd or 4th most talent in the district and finished in a clear cut 6th. 

Crosby is not really that good. Sounds dumb don’t it. Kinda like 

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Not even close to true.... This entire PNG team has been underestimated from Day 1 when picked to finish 5th.  Gave up 24 pts to Nederland Defensively, loss due to 2 Defensive TDs.  Beat Barbers Hill Handily and scored 48 in doing so! Scored 42 on Texas City where Nederland and Barbers Hill scored a combine 9 pts against them.  Only and Only Crosby was too much for this Indian "Team".  Plenty of talent at all positions...which is why a 3rd place finish and a playoff berth is the reward.  Check yourself...

6 hours ago, spidersal said:

PNGFaithful

This is Barrows 5th year as head coach. His teams made the playoffs his 1st 4 years. 

2017-8-3\6-2, 3rd seed lost in 2nd rd to Manvel

2018-10-2\9-1, District Co-Champs, 2nd seed lost in 2nd rd to Marshall Mavericks

2019-4-7\4-3, 4 seed, lost in 1st rd to Manvel

2020- 9-3\\6-1, District Co-Champs,1 seed, lost in 3rd rd to Ft. Bend Marshall

2021-6-4\3-4, no playoffs

Overall Record-37-19

Playoff Record-4-4

2-3 vs. PNG

1 hour ago, the weasel said:

Not even close to true.... This entire PNG team has been underestimated from Day 1 when picked to finish 5th.  Gave up 24 pts to Nederland Defensively, loss due to 2 Defensive TDs.  Beat Barbers Hill Handily and scored 48 in doing so! Scored 42 on Texas City where Nederland and Barbers Hill scored a combine 9 pts against them.  Only and Only Crosby was too much for this Indian "Team".  Plenty of talent at all positions...which is why a 3rd place finish and a playoff berth is the reward.  Check yourself...

The ONLY reason PNG is in the playoffs and didn’t finish 5th is because KP beat Ned. PNG would’ve been out in a three way tie-breaker. What are you talking about you were underestimated, you played exactly how you were predicted? 

The only position group on the entire field PNG is better than Ned at is QB and maybe you can say RB depending where Fuselier plays. PNG gave up 44.3ppg in district play to everybody not named Santa Fe. What exactly am I supposed to be checking? 

7 hours ago, spidersal said:

PNGFaithful

So Spidersal with your keen insight into football, especially Bulldog football, does Nederland have anything coming back next year? Or what about coming up? 

8 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The ONLY reason PNG is in the playoffs and didn’t finish 5th is because KP beat Ned. PNG would’ve been out in a three way tie-breaker. What are you talking about you were underestimated, you played exactly how you were predicted? 

The only position group on the entire field PNG is better than Ned at is QB and maybe you can say RB depending where Fuselier plays. PNG gave up 44.3ppg in district play to everybody not named Santa Fe. What exactly am I supposed to be checking? 

Actually, the only teams to score in the 40's was Crosby and TC.  Also, might want to check their Offensive Points Per Game! Nobody in District but Crosby stopped this offense.  Football is about who scores more than the other team if you didn't know.  So bang on their defense all you want, however 3rd Seed Earned. Have to win the games you are supposed to and Ned did not do so at KP.  KP is a better team than most people give them credit for.  Good luck to all on the playoffs representing our district.

21 minutes ago, the weasel said:

Actually, the only teams to score in the 40's was Crosby and TC.  Also, might want to check their Offensive Points Per Game! Nobody in District but Crosby stopped this offense.  Football is about who scores more than the other team if you didn't know.  So bang on their defense all you want, however 3rd Seed Earned. Have to win the games you are supposed to and Ned did not do so at KP.  KP is a better team than most people give them credit for.  Good luck to all on the playoffs representing our district.

One last point... might want to check who the District Rushing Leader is when talking about the RB Position...Also earned!!  

38 minutes ago, the weasel said:

One last point... might want to check who the District Rushing Leader is when talking about the RB Position...Also earned!!  

When you have to play all 4 qtrs you tend to run up stats to be the district rushing leader.  Some players on other teams are done at the half in a lot of games and trying to stay healthy for next week.  Just a thought.  Sounds like you’re a little salty.

45 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

When you have to play all 4 qtrs you tend to run up stats to be the district rushing leader.  Some players on other teams are done at the half in a lot of games and trying to stay healthy for next week.  Just a thought.  Sounds like you’re a little salty.

Not at all.  Stating Facts.  Pretty sure all of BH's starters were in when Koby Trahan ran for a 99 yard TD.  Don't even try to take away from the year this kid has had.  Broke 2 All Time Records at PNG.  One for that run another for 365 yards against KP.  That was another record broken at PNG which has stood for 50 years.  

1 hour ago, the weasel said:

Not at all.  Stating Facts.  Pretty sure all of BH's starters were in when Koby Trahan ran for a 99 yard TD.  Don't even try to take away from the year this kid has had.  Broke 2 All Time Records at PNG.  One for that run another for 365 yards against KP.  That was another record broken at PNG which has stood for 50 years.  

Nobody is taking anything away from him, they’ve needed just about every yard the kid has gotten.  Some kids only played half the qtrs he did because the games were out of reach.  There are some bad defenses in this district and he did a great job running the ball against them.

17 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Take away Barrett Station and Crosby would be average at best. Just stating the truth. 

11 minutes ago, PNGFaithful said:

Take away Barrett Station and Crosby would be average at best. Just stating the truth. 

This is such a ridiculous statement. Now days, if you take away Barrett Station, we wouldn’t have much of a soccer team. You obviously know nothing about our community, but still make a dumba$$ comment like that. Both communities share the same zip code. 

3 hours ago, CCRed said:

This is such a ridiculous statement. Now days, if you take away Barrett Station, we wouldn’t have much of a soccer team. You obviously know nothing about our community, but still make a dumba$$ comment like that. Both communities share the same zip code. 

On 11/6/2021 at 4:14 PM, spidersal said:

PNGFaithful

Oh wise one, this is the first time barrow has NOT made the playoffs…before you make such statements, please fact check 

4 hours ago, PNGFaithful said:

Lol, you’re just going to take whole neighborhood out of our attendance zone? If we would be average without Barrett Station then we would really be bad if you took away Newport, where 70% of those kids you think live in Barrett actually stay. If you took away the Indian Shores and Lake Shadows neighborhoods we would be less talented. Pretty duh statement to say “If Crosby had less enrollment they wouldn’t be as good”🙄

Dogbite

as for your question, I honestly do not know who is coming back from the varsity and what the freshman and JV players they have coming up.

I can tell you this.  As you well know, 4 teams in the district make the playoffs.  Nederland’s talent level each year is every bit as good as BH, PNG, and TC.  My expectation is that they should make the playoffs every year.  When they do not it is a disappointment and in my opinion a bad season. 

Matheus need to have a tremendous off-season and the coaches must do a better job at every position, especially the Ol, QB, and secondary positions. They were really a weak point this season. 

My other observation after watching 10 games is this:

most HS teams improve from 2 a days to the 10th game of the season, Nederland did not and may have gotten worse as the season progressed.

Secondly, there were a bunch of penalties, especially personal fouls, and there was little effort the last 3 games of the season  

This usually results from character issues, which they appeared to have.

Your a highly intelligent fan, so I would like to hear your observation on why they had a bad this season.

Razor, obviously you did not carefully read what I said, because I said I didn’t know