Crosby 31 Nederland 17/Final

AggiesAreWe

Just now, MrFleet23 said:

I doubt it. We got talent coming up on every level of football. All the way down to the Barrett Station Dragons.

There is a bit of  struggling when your numbers are at the lower end of a division.  They will definitely not run the table or make it anywhere near state championship level.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Time will tell.  I hope they do well!!!

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Hopefully we don’t have to make you wait longer than December 18th

Last year was magical!  Having said that sooner or later Cinderella turns back into a pumpkin.  Maybe, hopefully they will do it again.  I predict Texas High, Montgomery, or FBM will knock them out in Region 3.  

5 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

Crosby will have a down year sooner or later. Sooner if they move up to D-1.  

We had a down year in ‘18, missed the playoffs for the only time in the last 17 years. Went .500 in ‘19. Long as we’re healthy and stay out of financial trouble this the “un-down year” times. Doesn’t matter if we get moved up, Manvel and Cedar Park would be the only perennial powers left in the region to compete with. 

5 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

Last year was magical!  Having said that sooner or later Cinderella turns back into a pumpkin.  Maybe, hopefully they will do it again.  I predict Texas High, Montgomery, or FBM will knock them out in Region 3.  

Two of those would be 4th round games and one is a third round game.

27 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

Crosby could win it all if they double down on their mental game staring now. Not saying they don't  have a good mental game, but the playoffs are a whole new show. Mental toughness is key. Minimizing penalties, turnovers etc. Would be nice to see our district represented in the show

One thing about our kids is that they always believe thy can beat you. Crosby probably has only two or three personal fouls the entire year. As far as turnovers we got our 20th takeaway last night, our starters have probably only turned it over 4 or 5 times on the season themselves. One of the reasons Crosby is having success is because we’re already pretty good at that stuff you listed. 

13 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Y’all were whining about the refs and pretty much quiet otherwise when the score was tied at half,  not to mention talking about playing backups the whole game this week.  Glass houses.

When Crosby turned up the heat to start the second half they ran down Nederlands throat and you got a garbage td late to make it interesting with the back ups in.  Damn near got your qb killed on the last possession.  

12 hours ago, jake94 said:

Proud of the Dogs tonight. I was hoping they wouldn’t lay down and die and they definitely didn’t. I wasn’t a fan of the fake punt at 17-10, but we were aggressive all night. The defense was hitting hard and playing like they did early in the season. Broussard took some huge hits tonight and kept getting up and had one of his best games of the season. It was really nice to see Noah Kendrick step up at WR with a great game with Kyndon playing RB. 

Congrats to Crosby. Very good team. Hope they can make some noise in the playoffs. This was a very hard hitting game and very fun to watch.

The problem with the fake punt is they actually huddled up before running it(first time all night they huddled up on a punt). Element of surprise was gone.

32 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

One thing about our kids is that they always believe thy can beat you. Crosby probably has only two or three personal fouls the entire year. As far as turnovers we got our 20th takeaway last night, our starters have probably only turned it over 4 or 5 times on the season themselves. One of the reasons Crosby is having success is because we’re already pretty good at that stuff you listed. 

No doubt, what I mean is that in the playoffs with the FBM's coming at you, doubling down on those good mental habits will help. Luck always plays a part. Some of that luck is made by mental anticipation.  Physically, you guys are good. Time to make you some luck. PNG just needs to make more luck than y'all,  lol

17 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

I just think you guys are at a different level than Marshall.  

Thats interesting. While I think FBM isn’t doing themselves any favors with the cupcake schedule. (Non-district) I still think they have the best athletes in the region in all of 5A football. 

Great finish to the season Crosby. Your team hit some adversity early starting out 0-2, and then reeled off 8 in a row dominating a lot of teams along the way. Played in a classic game with BH where the team showed a lot of mental toughness and got the win after it looked like it was over. Crosby showed a never say die mentality. I wouldn’t want to see a team like this in the playoffs. Well coached, athletic, good defense, mentally tough and have battled thru challenges this season. These are the kind of teams that make a run to state. Seen it a bunch of times. Just looking at last years Crosby team, this season has played out almost identical to that one with the exception of the Nederland win this season.

Good luck in the playoffs. Go make some noise! 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

We had a down year in ‘18, missed the playoffs for the only time in the last 17 years. Went .500 in ‘19. Long as we’re healthy and stay out of financial trouble this the “un-down year” times. Doesn’t matter if we get moved up, Manvel and Cedar Park would be the only perennial powers left in the region to compete with. 

Just now, dme1111 said:

not FBM. Marshall, Mavericks from Marshall Tx.  They will be Crosby's second round opponent

Maybe they got to beat a pretty good team in round 1. Huntsville finished 4th in that district that might be a sign of how good that district is less so than how much Huntsville has fallen off. 

4 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:
2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

This is the hidden content, please