LUMBERTON 27 VIDOR 28/Final

AggiesAreWe

That last quarter and a half was sickening to watch. I saw penalty after penalty and no calls, refs looking right at them. LTown football should be embarrassed...gotta play 4 quarters and go hard every play from EVERY  player. Watch the game film and watch what Vidor did. They played 4 quarters. Good jo Pirates and good luck in the playoffs.

20 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Didn’t think they could do it without Seppy or Watson but they proved me wrong again… these guys have constantly and consistently impressed me this season.

One other unique thing about this win, rarely (hardly ever) seen Vidor win a game by kicking XP’s.  Kudos to the kicker, even if he does kick from the wrong side.

34 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Evidently Dist 9 has great offenses or no defenses.  Just starting 4th Qtr & Kilgore up 55-48 (best as the guy could tell - didn’t have a calculator, lol).

I was wrong about time in above post.
End of 3rd Qtr 

Kilgore 62   Lindale 55

As I don’t have a voice left after the game and can’t verbalize to anyone, it has caused me to introspectively look within. Raideroldtimer and raidergirl, y’all are more classy than myself as I usually gripe and moan about missed calls after a loss. I respect y’all’s reaction and the Raiders played a great game in a hard fought battle. Proud to play against a talented group of athletes as we did tonight!

20 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I’m happy we don’t got them in the first round 

Me too but the Raiders might be able to hang with them, they are a high flying circus. The only thing they stopped doing was throwing the deep ball up so much and started settling for more underneath routes. Vidor started playing back some after getting burned 75 million times but I would have kept doing it. I walked by the Raiders bus on the way out, passed their coach and a few players. Told them good game and wished them well but some of those boys were huge. Probably some of the big WRs they have, tall athletic types. If they play basketball I’m sure Lumberton will be a handful on the hardwood.

2 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Great call, I was definitely losing faith. Actually, I lost it completely lol. Then old @Hagar flipped the momentum with his reverse the curse mambojambo vibes he was putting off.

I honestly didn’t think we’d win before the game started.  And if this was a Pirate team of old, being down 20-7 at half would’ve been all you needed.  These guys don’t quit.  Even with all the injuries.  Proved me wrong, and I’m thrilled they did.

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Me too but the Raiders might be able to hang with them, they are a high flying circus. The only thing they stopped doing was throwing the deep ball up so much and started settling for more underneath routes. Vidor started playing back some after getting burned 75 million times but I would have kept doing it. 

To me it was, you are up 13pts late in the third and you stop trying to run the ball. 

2 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Me too but the Raiders might be able to hang with them, they are a high flying circus. The only thing they stopped doing was throwing the deep ball up so much and started settling for more underneath routes. Vidor started playing back some after getting burned 75 million times but I would have kept doing it. 

I believe y’all have Chapel Hill there not your typical 4th seed team. LCM I believe has Palestine and I think the 2nd seed is really what I wanted. Lol

6 minutes ago, vp93 said:

To me it was, you are up 13pts late in the third and you stop trying to run the ball. 

Yea I could see that, either run it more or keep doing what you were doing. They went to quick passing short stuff but our D-Line woke up and started teeing off. Vidor started sending the linebackers after the QB some too, we let him get way too comfortable early on.

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Yea I could see that, either run it more or keep doing what you were doing. They went to quick passing short stuff but our D-Line woke up and started teeing off. Vidor started sending the linebackers after the QB some too, we let him get way too comfortable early on.

I’m so glad we will have him another 2 years!!!!

12 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I believe y’all have Chapel Hill there not your typical 4th seed team. LCM I believe has Palestine and I think the 2nd seed is really what I wanted. Lol

Yea that’s the seed HH came out of last seasons and made a run, beat Palestine in the first round. CH beat our district champ in the playoffs last year so I know they can be dangerous. Plus we’re even more banged up now, hearing our FB/DE is done.

21 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I honestly didn’t think we’d win before the game started.  And if this was a Pirate team of old, being down 20-7 at half would’ve been all you needed.  These guys don’t quit.  Even with all the injuries.  Proved me wrong, and I’m thrilled they did.

those junior kids havent lost a district game in two years and they never give up

• bullets13 changed the title to LUMBERTON 27 VIDOR 28/Final