Shepherd 0 Carthage 56/Final

AggiesAreWe

• bullets13 changed the title to Shepherd 0 Carthage 56/Final
9 hours ago, Dawgs12345 said:

Hopefully Shepard can move down to 3a soon. Tough for them to compete with 4a teams.

And as the 59 corridor continues to grow do not expect Shepherd to drop down soon as they are only 9 miles away from Cleveland and every time I pass through there Shepherd continues to grow... Mark my words in the next 2-4 seasons expect the Pirates to be 4A-D1

guessing carthage meets china spring 3rd game then bellville or wos 4th game.  been so long since they had serious competition not sure how good they really are.  plenty of other good teams later in the playoffs so nothing is a given.  got to play disciplined football by the time you get 3 rounds in.   

48 minutes ago, house said:

guessing carthage meets china spring 3rd game then bellville or wos 4th game.  been so long since they had serious competition not sure how good they really are.  plenty of other good teams later in the playoffs so nothing is a given.  got to play disciplined football by the time you get 3 rounds in.   

I think the winner of Silsbee/Sealy (Which I think will be Sealy) could maybe give China Spring a game.

On 11/6/2021 at 11:09 PM, TrojanWarrior08 said:

And as the 59 corridor continues to grow do not expect Shepherd to drop down soon as they are only 9 miles away from Cleveland and every time I pass through there Shepherd continues to grow... Mark my words in the next 2-4 seasons expect the Pirates to be 4A-D1

You may be right, but since the last realignment we only grew by 8 kids. So that is not growth like the Cleveland area by no means. A lot of the families that were here thru the early 2000's are leaving for a new group that has started to move in. Still it is going to be hard to grow when there are no homes to rent or room to build, Due to bigger acreage being own by families. Home shortages is one reason we can't get or keep good teachers (besides what the school district pays), or so they say.

Shepherd not only has a hard time completing in football, the other sports are as bad or worse. For example (if we stay in the same district with the same schools) Splendora will have something like 704 more kids than Shepherd does, as Coldspring will only have something like 39 less kids than Shepherd. It is a no win for use either way. 

15 minutes ago, idk said:

You may be right, but since the last realignment we only grew by 8 kids. So that is not growth like the Cleveland area by no means. A lot of the families that were here thru the early 2000's are leaving for a new group that has started to move in. Still it is going to be hard to grow when there are no homes to rent or room to build, Due to bigger acreage being own by families. Home shortages is one reason we can't get or keep good teachers (besides what the school district pays), or so they say.

Shepherd not only has a hard time completing in football, the other sports are as bad or worse. For example (if we stay in the same district with the same schools) Splendora will have something like 704 more kids than Shepherd does, as Coldspring will only have something like 39 less kids than Shepherd. It is a no win for use either way. 

Of course not... It's crazy that Cleveland will be rolling out with 6A numbers maybe they can start zoning North Cleveland (maybe) into some of the Coldspring and Shepherd areas to take some students off their hands.  As far as Shepherd competing in any sport don't get me started as me being a person that play for both Shepherd and Coldspring, the Pirates never had a decent season when I went there lol.  Let's just say we were getting our arse handed to on many occasions lol but when I went back to Coldspring we were definitely dishing out the arse whoopings.

8 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Of course not... It's crazy that Cleveland will be rolling out with 6A numbers maybe they can start zoning North Cleveland (maybe) into some of the Coldspring and Shepherd areas to take some students off their hands.  As far as Shepherd competing in any sport don't get me started as me being a person that play for both Shepherd and Coldspring, the Pirates never had a decent season when I went there lol.  Let's just say we were getting our arse handed to on many occasions lol but when I went back to Coldspring we were definitely dishing out the arse whoopings.

I do not disagree that Shepherd has never been a sports powerhouse or ever will. I assume you graduated in 08? So you should know that in the last 10 years the tide has changed in the Coldspring vs. Shepherd games. So that is a tell-tell sign for both schools athletic programs. Coldspring is not no where who they used to be (and that is not a dig, just the truth), and that goes for all sports. We can't live in the past so those arse whoopings you are talking about, are few and far apart these days. Please don't say it is because Shepherd is 4A and Coldspring is 3A cause there are way few differences in school size than the team We play in district. I do wish you guys luck in the playoffs and hope you go on a deep run.  

4 hours ago, idk said:

I do believe Shepherd will get some sort of break this next alignment Tarkington numbers are higher that the past, as well as diboll.. Coldspring at 492, I can see some changes coming

4 hours ago, idk said:

I do not disagree that Shepherd has never been a sports powerhouse or ever will. I assume you graduated in 08? So you should know that in the last 10 years the tide has changed in the Coldspring vs. Shepherd games. So that is a tell-tell sign for both schools athletic programs. Coldspring is not no where who they used to be (and that is not a dig, just the truth), and that goes for all sports. We can't live in the past so those arse whoopings you are talking about, are few and far apart these days. Please don't say it is because Shepherd is 4A and Coldspring is 3A cause there are way few differences in school size than the team We play in district. I do wish you guys luck in the playoffs and hope you go on a deep run.  

Yes I graduated in 08' and yes I know what's going on with the past 10 seasons or so between the 2 schools and it has nothing to do with whos bigger or smaller it has everything to do with the athletes... Most of the students that goes to Coldspring right now or for the past decade (expect for our state run seaaons) they have been more focus on basketball than anything or the lack of participation of football.  It was going towards that even during my years there.