District Champs vs Nederland

Cougar14.2

Crosby has wrapped up at least a share of its 6th district it’s title in the last 8 years and will be guaranteed to play from the pole position once the playoffs starts. This will be the second of three consecutive bye weeks for Crosby so it’s hard to get a feel for what personnel will be on the field Friday and for how long. In a game like this I fully expect Nederland to come out firing on all cylinders, the only issue is that they opted for the inline three banger this year and the parts are obsolete. Therefore, they’ll be battling KP to see who can finish in 6th place. 

Under the circumstances it’s kind of hard to know what to expect other than Crosby will be trying to make it out as healthy as possible. 

*I know Ned didn’t need and probably didn’t even want a thread but since y’all beat us last year .  .  . 

Crosby probably about 70-14

Nederland’s defense the last 2 weeks looks like they put 11 orange cones on the field instead of players. The effort has been as bad as I have seen in years

Offensively the OLine and QB are just not very good

Just one of those bad years for the Bulldogs I guess the talent is not there this season

1 minute ago, spidersal said:

Crosby probably about 70-14

Nederland’s defense the last 2 weeks looks like they put 11 orange cones on the field instead of players. The effort has been as bad as I have seen in years

Offensively the OLine and QB are just not very good

Just one of those bad years for the Bulldogs I guess the talent is not there this season

Love the honesty, but I don't think we hit 70 on the dogs. I honesty think it will be very similar to the Santa Fe game we had on Friday. Lots of underclassmen and very vanilla on offense. I would however love to see more of our backup qb taking snaps. 

Smashmouth you are certain correct this year. They have been extremely Friendly 3 of the last 4 games

It looks to me like they simply gave up with little effort 

The Raiders who are known as the Friendly Raiders due to usually finding a way to lose, have had a remarkable year this year, hopefully turning into the Fighting Raiders from now on

aleays enjoy your comments

13 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Smashmouth you are certain correct this year. They have been extremely Friendly 3 of the last 4 games

It looks to me like they simply gave up with little effort 

The Raiders who are known as the Friendly Raiders due to usually finding a way to lose, have had a remarkable year this year, hopefully turning into the Fighting Raiders from now on

aleays enjoy your comments

Lol. Thank you. 

Lots of talk at the beginning of the season, from people not in the know, about Crosby not being as good as last year. Last year Crosby's average margin of victory in district play was 29.8ppg, this year it currently sits at 36.5ppg. Crosby will head to Nederland looking to cross the 400 point mark for the first time in a seven game district season. For reference, Crosby only scored 282 points in district play last year but did only give up a sick 10.3ppg on defense during that span. 

IMO we're a year ahead of where we were supposed to be due to the excellent job Crosby's staff has done with the talent they've been given. If Coach P can keep those guys together for the most part they're liable to build a juggernaut over the next 4-5 years with the high-level talent Crosby has coming through the program.  

Not sure what to say about the Dogs, except they started out good and look to end bad.  I hope they show up Friday night and give Crosby a fight.  I'd like to see Fuselier show off one more time for the home crowd.  Dogs will be down by at least 2 td's.  You Crosby folks come down to mid county and spend some money.  Oh, and ugh congratulation.   :) 

3 hours ago, A BUC 77 said:

Not sure what to say about the Dogs, except they started out good and look to end bad.  I hope they show up Friday night and give Crosby a fight.  I'd like to see Fuselier show off one more time for the home crowd.  Dogs will be down by at least 2 td's.  You Crosby folks come down to mid county and spend some money.  Oh, and ugh congratulation.   :) 

We were actually planning to come do some pre-game drinking at Texas Roadhouse instead of on I-10 this time. Putting Fuselier at RB does make it easier to get him the ball but I also think with Ned's offensive line play this year that it makes him easier to stop. Probably an odd statement since part of the reason Ned beat us last year was due to them being able to effect the pace of the game with Mazyck. Ned never has a "great" offense but they've always seemed to be able to manufacture points in the past but that's just not the case this year.  

Texas Roadhouse is a good choice.  Get the loaded sweet potato as your side.  I'd wouldn't say we never have a great offence.  We've had some pretty good ones in the past.  The 2012 team that upset Pearland Dawsen comes to mind.  Carsen Raines, Colton Kimler and Kendrick Hopkins were some bad dudes.

20 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I'm sorry but my team the Nederland Bulldogs are going down bad Friday don't ever dance on somebody else's field and not expect a receipt down the road

I heard they danced on Crosby’s field last year.  Is that true ?  I didn’t see that but believe I left before the end. 

11 hours ago, CCRed said:

I heard they danced on Crosby’s field last year.  Is that true ?  I didn’t see that but believe I left before the end. 

There was indeed dancing at the end of the game last season. It was the same dance move the Crosby WR did on a couple of his TDs if I remember correctly.

I know that the Cougars remember it and that doesn’t bode well for my Bulldogs this week. 😂 

30 minutes ago, jake94 said:

There was indeed dancing at the end of the game last season. It was the same dance move the Crosby WR did on a couple of his TDs if I remember correctly.

I know that the Cougars remember it and that doesn’t bode well for my Bulldogs this week. 😂 

Yes, they do remember. Look for Crosby to try to win this one by 40+ and don't be surprised if the favor is returned after the game. 

12 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yes, they do remember. Look for Crosby to try to win this one by 40+ and don't be surprised if the favor is returned after the game. 

I’d expect nothing less. Hopefully y’all will come out of the game healthy and make a nice playoff run like last season. I’m afraid this might be the start of a couple more really tough seasons for the Bulldogs.