Buna ISD Responds to Racist Photo of Blackfaced Student

BMTSoulja1

23 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

He wrote a good chunk of the screenplay, and placed many of those N-words in the movie for shock.  

Nice save attempt. Lol. But he never said it once in the movie. You confused him with Clevon Little. Lol.

Although Richard Pryor was one of the  many writers, Richard Pryor did not write most of the racial lines in that movie. Pryor’s main focus was the character Mongo according to Mel Brooks. Pryor WAS used as the “license” to use all the racial slurs though. Brooks figured that if Pryor was a part of the movie (he was actually offered the main role by Brooks, but Warner Bros didn’t want someone with such little screen experience), he could get away with a lot more. In recent documentaries about both himself and Richard Pryor, Mel Brooks said, “Pryor wrote the Jewish jokes, the Jews wrote the black jokes.” In other words, it wasn’t a matter of who wrote what, because it wasn’t meant to be harmful or derogatory.  

And THAT is my point. 

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Nice save attempt. Lol. But he never said it once in the movie. You confused him with Clevon Little. Lol.

Although Richard Pryor was one of the  many writers, Richard Pryor did not write most of the racial lines in that movie. Pryor’s main focus was the character Mongo according to Mel Brooks. Pryor WAS used as the “license” to use all the racial slurs though. Brooks figured that if Pryor was a part of the movie (he was actually offered the main role by Brooks, but Warner Bros didn’t want someone with such little screen experience), he could get away with a lot more. In recent documentaries about both himself and Richard Pryor, Mel Brooks said, “Pryor wrote the Jewish jokes, the Jews wrote the black jokes.” In other words, it wasn’t a matter of who wrote what, because it wasn’t meant to be harmful or derogatory.  

And THAT is my point. 

I watched the movie once about 20 years ago, and couldn’t remember much about it, other than the N-word was pretty prevalent, and that I thought it was pretty funny. I was googling your reference to Pryor and Wilder and Blazing Saddles popped up, and then read an article talking about Pryor encouraging the N-word in the movie, so I thought he must’ve been the lead.  I couldn’t pick Clevon Little out of a lineup of two black men (unless he was in the lineup with Richard Pryor)   

11 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, the header of the original article said racist.  Doesn’t automatically disclose my personal opinion on it.  🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

When I click on the link the title/header comes up as follows: Buna ISD parents raise concerns after blackface photos of student posted online.

I don’t see the word “racist” .

that’s why I asked the question and givin you can choose your own title if wanted.

it may not automatically disclose it but givin the above is true did you use the word for clickbait

Because some people have bought into the racism narrative we focus on that and not the corruption and tyrannical tendencies of the power hungry politicians and bureaucrats.  As long as they can keep us divided then these people maintain their power laughing at how stupid we are for not seeing the obvious destruction of our way of life.  

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

When I click on the link the title/header comes up as follows: Buna ISD parents raise concerns after blackface photos of student posted online.

that’s why I asked the question and givin you can choose your own title if wanted.

it may not automatically disclose it but givin the above is true did you use the word for clickbait

They must’ve changed the title.  Lemme look.

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Just what I thought.  The article was updated 30 minutes later.  However, if you look at the header in the VIDEO, you’ll see the header that I was looking at.  

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Just what I thought.  The article was updated 30 minutes later.  However, if you look at the header in the VIDEO, you’ll see the header that I was looking at.  

I find that on occasion  on Facebook because you can always edit or delete your post.

It starts when one person will make a really stupid post. People will complain about it and the person making the offending post will change it. Then someone else will come along and say you’re a bunch of idiots because the person never said that. In fact the person did say it and then  changed or deleted it.

13 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I find that on occasion  on Facebook because you can always edit or delete your post.

It starts when one person will make a really stupid post. People will complain about it and the person making the offending post will change it. Then someone else will come along and say you’re a bunch of idiots because the person never said that. In fact the person did say it and then  changed or deleted it.

That's why I find myself so lucky. I NEVER say anything stupid or have to edit my posts for content. 😎