Lumberton at Vidor

SmashMouth

1 hour ago, PirateNation2025 said:

The Freshman group has some really good players, 5 freshman (but sometimes up to 7) are starters on the JV team.  Splitting the freshman group up has hurt the Freshman's winning streak, but JV is undefeated.

That's good to know, I've heard that freshman group was a competitive bunch. But the future looks promising for Pirate football.

1 hour ago, Raider24 said:

Looking forward to a good game. I like our chances. My son has good Pirate friends he will be battling against. Prayers for an injury free game so both teams can go into the 1st round and represent no matter where either wind up seeding.

I'm looking forward to this game myself. It will be my nephews last home game, and for it to be for the district crown makes it even more special. Good luck to the Raiders as well and an injury free game.

Go Pirates ‼️

3 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

Watched some hudle on Vidor today.

How do they get away with all the illegal stuff they do?

If I was Lumberton I would get a officiating crew from out of the area.

Please Be specific… and please quote the page in the rule book you’re referring to

22 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

Watched some hudle on Vidor today.

How do they get away with all the illegal stuff they do?

If I was Lumberton I would get a officiating crew from out of the area.

What are you talking about? Illegal formational or procedural stuff? Or are you accusing Vidor of playing dirty? You probably have no clue, penalties have not been a big problem this year. They play hard for 4 quarters and have a physical style of play. If Lumberton doesn’t like that then they are in big trouble. Come Friday night they better match the intensity and physicality the Pirates will bring. Whining to the referees or complaining about officiating ain’t gonna cut it, it’s tackle football. 🏴‍☠️ 

29 minutes ago, vhs said:

Please Be specific… and please quote the page in the rule book you’re referring to

Do you have a rule book?

when Vidor does the  hurry up they do not come set prior to the snap. it was never called on the hudle I watched

illegal low blocks and chop blocks that weren't called

Some of these blocks are going to hurt somebody bad.

4 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Talking about how we use illegal low blocks and chop blocks that are going to get somebody hurt bad… sounds like one of their coaches to me lol.

There was a certain fan from Lumberton not gonna mention any names. That said LCM played dirty. I think it was more of the fact that they lost the ball game. Maybe they are just getting ready for a excuse for the L

6 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Talking about how we use illegal low blocks and chop blocks that are going to get somebody hurt bad… sounds like one of their coaches to me lol.

Nah, he’s just some tool that always wanted to be something but couldn’t, so he talks about everyone else. He doesn’t understand how the slot t works either. 

2 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

There was a certain fan from Lumberton not gonna mention any names. That said LCM played dirty. I think it was more of the fact that they lost the ball game. Maybe they are just getting ready for a excuse for the L

Who is “they”?

Besides, it’s not playing dirty til you get caught. I taught my kid every trick I knew and then some. 

1 hour ago, pine curtain said:

Do you have a rule book?

when Vidor does the  hurry up they do not come set prior to the snap. it was never called on the hudle I watched

Lol… better keep studying… lol

2 hours ago, pine curtain said:

It will be funny when karma bites him and you in the butt.

That is some good life lessons you have taught your kid.

Sure as hell is. It’s called survival. 
Have you ever gone over the speed limit? Even just a little? And people die in car crashes every day.

As an offensive lineman, I taught him how to hold without getting caught. I don’t know if anyone was ever killed from being held by an offensive lineman. But if you know ANYTHING about football, you know this happens on every play. It’s one of the most common penalties on every level of the game. 

You’re obviously not a football guy, so I invite you to go spew your stupidity somewhere else. 

14 hours ago, piratevillain said:

That's good to know, I've heard that freshman group was a competitive bunch. But the future looks promising for Pirate football.

So far they've played one Freshman up on varsity earlier in the season for one game to cover for injuries.  I've been told they don't like to play them up unless it's really needed but I vote for a few of them to play up this week and for the playoffs.  

Based on the number of injuries, they’ll almost have to rob the JV & Freshmen teams.  
Speaking of injuries, anyone heard when/if #4 will be back?  I think that’s the RB whose missed the last four or so games.  Sure could use him in the playoffs.

21 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Based on the number of injuries, they’ll almost have to rob the JV & Freshmen teams.  
Speaking of injuries, anyone heard when/if #4 will be back?  I think that’s the RB whose missed the last four or so games.  Sure could use him in the playoffs.

Not sure of #4's status for the rest of the season but he played a handful of plays in the WIN against lcm. 

12 hours ago, pine curtain said:

Do you have a rule book?

Cry me a river! lol Vidor's NG gets chop blocked every game for 4 quarters and it's only been called once this whole season.

13 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

Cry me a river! lol Vidor's NG gets chop blocked every game for 4 quarters and it's only been called once this whole season.

Yep. It comes with the territory. A true chop block is usually a high-low block from 2 offensive players on a defender at the same time. The way around that call is to initiate the high block then disengage and separate. Within a blink of an eye, the low guy makes his block and takes out the defender. If the guard / tackle practice it, it is pure art and "mostly legal".

30 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Yep. It comes with the territory. A true chop block is usually a high-low block from 2 offensive players on a defender at the same time. The way around that call is to initiate the high block then disengage and separate. Within a blink of an eye, the low guy makes his block and takes out the defender. If the guard / tackle practice it, it is pure art and "mostly legal".

That is an interesting perspective.   Is it mostly legal to hit a Passing Q in the knee cap?  Is it mostly legal to crack back into the box on a linebacker or D End from a slot in the knee cap?   

or are those artistically illegal?  I am far from an expert but I think Hi/lows (chop blocks) are illegal because they break femur bones and destroy ACLs.  

Vidor may or may not Chop Block but I doubt anyone in football including Vidor coaches feel that blocking up high to stand them up and in the “blink of the eye” smashing a knee cap or femur bone down low is artistic.  

5 minutes ago, BelichikYoSelf said:

That is an interesting perspective.   Is it mostly legal to hit a Passing Q in the knee cap?  Is it mostly legal to crack back into the box on a linebacker or D End from a slot in the knee cap?   

or are those artistically illegal?  I am by far an expert but I think Hi/lows (chop blocks) are illegal because they break femur bones and destroy ACLs.  

Vidor may or may not Chop Block but I doubt anyone in football including Vidor coaches feel that blocking up high to stand them up and in the “blink of the eye” smashing a knee cap or femur bone down low is artistic.  

"I am by far an expert"...do say more!! Or is that a type-o?