Atascocita 21 North Shore 31/Final

AggiesAreWe

• bullets13 changed the title to Atascocita 21 North Shore 31/Final
2 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

I wish I remember who blasphemed against NorthShore.  I would tag him or her.....

That was me, and at the time I said that Gavin Sessions wasn’t hurt. Sessions is worth a lot more than 10 points vs his replacement. There’s no way Atascocita would’ve beaten Allen without him. On the other hand North Shore has been playing the freshman qb off and on all year so it’s not near the deal with their qb getting hurt in warm-ups.

18 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That was me, and at the time I said that Gavin Sessions wasn’t hurt. Sessions is worth a lot more than 10 points vs his replacement. There’s no way Atascocita would’ve beaten Allen without him. On the other hand North Shore has been playing the freshman qb off and on all year so it’s not near the deal with their qb getting hurt in warm-ups.

Allen just got beat.  Not sure what their record is this year.  So, beating them this year may not have been that hard.  So, as far as Atascocita, it may be more about the coaching than certain players being hurt.  He had talent at West Brook and never really did anything with it.  So, again, just my opinion!

5 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Allen just got beat.  Not sure what their record is this year.  So, beating them this year may not have been that hard.  So, as far as Atascocita, it may be more about the coaching than certain players being hurt.  He had talent at West Brook and never really did anything with it.  So, again, just my opinion!

Allen lost again last night ending a 70+ district game winning streak so there's that.....

14 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Beating Allen is still extremely hard. My buddy’s son plays rb for Allen so I happen to follow them pretty closely. Prosper played them the same way last year and just came up short. Not that I’m some big Stump fan but Atascocita never did anything before he got there. He’s also working with way less firepower than Coach Kay. 

When you say he had talent what is that being compared to? When I look at Westbrook they do have a good amount of talent but when you compare them to all of the good schools they have to compete with in 6A-D2 it’s kind of middle of the road. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Beating Allen is still extremely hard. My buddy’s son plays rb for Allen so I happen to follow them pretty closely. Prosper played them the same way last year and just came up short. Not that I’m some big Stump fan but Atascocita never did anything before he got there. He’s also working with way less firepower than Coach Kay. 

When you say he had talent what is that being compared to? When I look at Westbrook they do have a good amount of talent but when you compare them to all of the good schools they have to compete with in 6A-D2 it’s kind of middle of the road. 

Stump had 8 returning starters on offense and 8 on defense.  In anyone's book, that's pretty much fire power there.

When Stump was at WB, all the years he was there, are telling me that he never had the talent to compete for a State Title?  I'm saying he did.  

5 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Prosper is incredibly talented 

13 hours ago, Reagan said:

Stump had 8 returning starters on offense and 8 on defense.  In anyone's book, that's pretty much fire power there.

When Stump was at WB, all the years he was there, are telling me that he never had the talent to compete for a State Title?  I'm saying he did.  

Stump has some good offensive linemen at Atascocita. He has more talent relative to the class than he did at Westbrook which is why he was able to go over there and start winning almost immediately. North Shore produces high major prospects at every position on the field regularly, Atascocita does not. He has a lot of talent but he doesn’t have the same type kids coach Kay does. Only a handful of schools do. 

Stump was at Westbrook 7 years, tell me what team he lost to in the playoffs that he should’ve beaten? Dude was losing to Dickinson, Pearland and Katy who all have more talent than WB does. Look at Reginald Samples’ record at Dallas Skyline, he couldn’t make it past certain teams either but you give him a few more pieces and Duncan like is a title contender every year now. Sometimes we think we’re working with more than we actually are.