Texas City 49 Port Neches-Groves 42/Final OT

AggiesAreWe

3 hours ago, CCRed said:

Is it really “throwing” a game ?  Might just want to give the starters a rest before playoffs start. They have already clinched the #1 seed. 

After Nederland put the smack down on Crosby last year and et them know about it!!!..I hardly doubt Crosby would rest their starters! Come on Man!

35 minutes ago, the weasel said:

After Nederland put the smack down on Crosby last year and et them know about it!!!..I hardly doubt Crosby would rest their starters! Come on Man!

There’s that too.  But I personally would give the starters the night off. There is something to say about keeping the offensive timing down too though.  We will have to see what the coach does. Two starters didn’t suit up this week and several two’s started on both sides.  

40 minutes ago, the weasel said:

Beat Nederland or go into the playoffs healthy, hmmmmm what’s more important? Obviously the objective is not to lose any game, but being healthy would be priority #1 then staying sharp.

2 hours ago, FrodoNDN said:

So if TC beats BH, whom do the Indians face?

You would get Galena Park and their slot-t. It’s the one matchup I was worried about our district losing outside of FBM. PNG should blow GP out but GP is kind of physical, they’re kind of fast, their defense is kind of good and that offense is kind of hard to stop. If PNG has an inefficient night on offense and GP can shorten the game on them they might be in trouble. 

My point of reference is PN-G v. Crosby and PN-G v. TC.  Watching those two games, the second unit for Crosby will still beat TC.  The Stingarees have a physical and quick DL/LB group, but not a lot of size and they were not as disruptive as what I saw from Crosby.  At times, the PN-G OL pushed around TC.  The secondary for TC was supposed to be good, but the Indians had open WRs.  In contrast, the Crosby DL was disruptive from start to finish, and there were smaller windows to make throws.  That's just me.  I'm not a coach.  That was my eye test.

Against TC, PN-G was back in the business of giving away a win...we gave one to Nederland and then felt generous when playing TC.  If the Indians play clean games against Nederland and TC, throw the ball to people wearing purple/white, and wake up the secondary and special teams coaches from their Friday night naps, PN-G would be sitting in second place.  Instead, we give away wins.  On top of that, last night during OT, we have 1st and goal, the OL had some momentum holding its own at the line of scrimmage, and Trahan is a good HS RB.  The Indians do not give their run game a shot to score?  Frustrating play calls in OT.  Great play calls in the 2Q and 3Q.  Gave our offense momentum.  Frustrating 1Q and 4Q.  We allow a wing-T team to throw the ball around like Joe Montana to Jerry Rice?  Everyone in the stadium knows TC needs to steal a possession and will likely try an onside kick, but we do not coach up our kids to be prepared?  In OT, we abandon the run game with 1st and goal?  Giving away wins...frustrating.  Kids gave good effort.

I'll still be there next Friday watching the purple/white Indians vs. the green Indians.  Go Big Purple!  Good luck to the other district teams...Crosby...BH...TC.  Get ready for a good playoff push.

10 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

Giving away wins...frustrating.  Kids gave good effort.

I disagree that PNG gave away the win. They were down in the first half, then stormed back and then it was a hard fought game. Both teams had good plays and both had mistakes. But if you really want to talk about giving away...... that fumble on the 1 yard line TC had on the kickoff was the easiest score I've seen in a long time. Thats +7 right there. 

7 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

I disagree that PNG gave away the win. They were down in the first half, then stormed back and then it was a hard fought game. Both teams had good plays and both had mistakes. But if you really want to talk about giving away...... that fumble on the 1 yard line TC had on the kickoff was the easiest score I've seen in a long time. Thats +7 right there. 

True.  We got a lucky break there.  We still had +14 going into the 4Q and lose the 4Q/OT 28-7.  That is giving away the game when you can't cover a wing-T team throwing the ball, when you know they need to steal a possession and you look unprepared, or when you have 1st and goal and never give the ball to your RB running behind an OL that had some push.  Credit to TC for making the plays to win the game, but, my opinion, PN-G helped them.

6 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

True.  We got a lucky break there.  We still had +14 going into the 4Q and lose the 4Q/OT 28-7.  That is giving away the game when you can't cover a wing-T team throwing the ball, when you know they need to steal a possession and you look unprepared, or when you have 1st and goal and never give the ball to your RB running behind an OL that had some push.  Credit to TC for making the plays to win the game, but, my opinion, PN-G helped them.

You didn't give squat away....Nederland and TC both beat you. Excuses are cheap, suck it up. 

19 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

If you mean PN-G helped them by getting  outplayed, then yes PN-G helped them. 

On 10/29/2021 at 10:53 PM, Coach85 said:

Fairclothe was trying to get his son a TD to tie it. If it got tied then it would have been the same thing. I can’t believe y’all haven’t figured this out yet.

"Daddyball". That stuff sadly happens. I have seen it many times elsewhere in recent years past. Last names matter.   

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

Every team finds their way down save a Newton or WOS. If you think you are exempt from it just wait a little longer. 

I have those little magnetized football pics of my sons stuck to a file cabinet in my office. Random dude, who turned out to be a vendor, walks in and looks at them and says, “Man, y’all whipped our a$$”. Had never seen the guy before so I asked where he was from and he said Port Neches. 

Long story short we talked about ball for about 30 mins. Dude was knowledgeable as heck. He played for Burnett and I happened to mention I thought BF was a pretty decent coach. Boy, that was the wrong thing to say. If you paraphrase out the expletives he basically said PNG isn’t playing with any honor or pride, and used the Crosby game as an example. Also said the tradition doesn’t matter if the kids that are playing now weren’t alive to see it. 

I mentioned that because the gist of what he was saying is that PNG doesn’t have the same type players they did when he was there 20 years ago. He said he thinks the kids are just a lot softer and the only way to get different results is with a different coach but said the last thing he would do is get rid of BF because you don’t know what you would get as a replacement.