NEWTON 52 HEMPHILL 22/Final

AggiesAreWe

• bullets13 changed the title to NEWTON 52 HEMPHILL 22/Final

I feel like I'm in the stinking twilight zone. I listened to  the game on Meridix, and the announcers were saying the score was 48-12 Newton. They even announced the final score several times as 48-12. The play by play guy kept saying Williams at QB, or at least it sounded like that.  Woods don't sound anything like Williams. This don't make one lick of sense.

3 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Not sure.  Just going off what the other Newton guy said.

edit: maxpreps also says 52-22

I'm sure that's right, but at no time did I hear enough scoring to explain the score. I went to Lone Star this morning  and they had it at 48-30 Newton. A guy answered me back last night and said he was at the game, and the score was 52-22. Go figure. 

6 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

The points were scored against our 2nd team the second half. Looks like 
Newton will play the winner between Harleton and Queen City. Probably around the San Augustine/Center area.

That my friend is not true, on the part where the points were scored on y’all 2nd team. But I understand typical Newton talk.

I can understand your frustration with a losing season and not making one of the four playoff spots. Did not mean to step on your toes. The future does not look any better, your 7th and 8th grade and JV losing th. night to Newton. To change your program your kids must start at a young age and work hard to change their program. Your kids are just as good as our kids, they just don’t work as hard to achieve it. 

2 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

I can understand your frustration with a losing season and not making one of the four playoff spots. Did not mean to step on your toes. The future does not look any better, your 7th and 8th grade and JV losing th. night to Newton. To change your program your kids must start at a young age and work hard to change their program. Your kids are just as good as our kids, they just don’t work as hard to achieve it. 

Apparently you can’t understand, because WE played Center, not Newton, so you didn’t step on my toes. I’m  just stating facts, you don’t step on the kids from Hemphill toes by saying they score on y’all 2nd team, knowing y’all still had y’all staters on the field, you guys are not the Newton of the past that were able to put 11 on offense and 11 on defense y’all numbers are down, but I do agree with you Hemphill kids are just as good as y’all kids. 

On 10/30/2021 at 5:24 PM, purpleeagle said:

WOW, I usually hold the Newton faithful in very high regard.  This type of talk is exactly how you change the perception of a team and entire community.  Most of the Newton folks that I know are respectful and let the team speak for them on Friday nights.  I was at this ballgame and ONE of HH scores was after SOME subs were put into the game for Newton.  The JV score was very close and if not for a couple of miscues could have easily gone the other way.  

I do however agree with your comments regarding how to change a program.  This is coach Starks first year as AD in Hemphill and if that can be done he is the guy that will do it.  

Lastly, I would like to remind you that sometimes good things don't last.  The days of Newton suiting up 100+ kids on day one of season is over.   It may very well be you guys that are struggling in the not so distant future.

Stay humble it will make life easier!