Texas City at PNG

Stattrax

13 minutes ago, spidersal said:

very good comments, however TC will not beat BH

if PNG beats TC - Crosby #1, PNG #2, BH #3, and TC # 4

if Tc wins- Crosby#1, BH#2, TC#3, and Nederland #4. it is that simple

the only exception is if KO upsets Nederland which could happen the way Nederland is playing

And back to my earlier post. PNG is either #2 or out 

8 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

@AggiesAreWe what is the district tie breaker rules? 

POSTED BY ASHLY ELAM on Facebook (hope he doesnt mind 😀)
This has been a hot topic this morning. Here’s a look at the current 12-5A-DII standings.
1. Crosby (5-0)
2. Texas City (4-1)
3. PNG (3-2)
3. Barbers Hill (3-2)
3. Nederland (3-2)
6. Dayton (1-4)
6. Kingwood Park (1-4)
8. Santa Fe (0-5)
There are still two weeks to be played, but these would be the playoffs seeds if the season was over.
1. Crosby (5-0)
2. Texas City (4-1)
3. PNG (3-2)
4. Barbers Hill (3-2)
Three way ties are broken by point differentials in games involving the three teams. The differential cap for 12-5A-DII is 14.
Nederland 38 PNG 28
PNG 49 Barbers Hill 35
Barbers Hill 66 Nederland 28
(Differential Cap: 14 points)
PNG (+4)
Barbers Hill (0)
Nederland (-4)

4 minutes ago, NDNation said:

POSTED BY ASHLY ELAM on Facebook (hope he doesnt mind 😀)
This has been a hot topic this morning. Here’s a look at the current 12-5A-DII standings.
1. Crosby (5-0)
2. Texas City (4-1)
3. PNG (3-2)
3. Barbers Hill (3-2)
3. Nederland (3-2)
6. Dayton (1-4)
6. Kingwood Park (1-4)
8. Santa Fe (0-5)
There are still two weeks to be played, but these would be the playoffs seeds if the season was over.
1. Crosby (5-0)
2. Texas City (4-1)
3. PNG (3-2)
4. Barbers Hill (3-2)
Three way ties are broken by point differentials in games involving the three teams. The differential cap for 12-5A-DII is 14.
Nederland 38 PNG 28
PNG 49 Barbers Hill 35
Barbers Hill 66 Nederland 28
(Differential Cap: 14 points)
PNG (+4)
Barbers Hill (0)
Nederland (-4)

That’s assuming it’s a 3 way tie. Meaning BH loses to TC. If BH wins against TC, PNG is out on head to head with Nederland. 

3 hours ago, Stattrax said:

Points differential is not even close on PNG getting in on a 3 way tie, unless we beat Santa Fe by triple digits. I think it’s a great opportunity for a put up or shut up for our coaching staff. Put a game plan together to win. If you watch film, it’s rather simple. But I say that week in, week out. Maybe we got out of this zone that gives up 50 points a game in district, and 600 yards a game, and we try something different. Whats crazy, is we are giving up 50 a game in district, and still have a win and get in chance for the #2 seed. If that doesn’t light a fire, I’m not sure what will. But if it goes like the bookies would say, your liking at Crosby, TC, BH, Nederland. 

If PNG wins, it goes Crosby, PNG, then 2 more 

If Bh beats Dayton, they are in regardless. Even with a Loss at TC.

Nederland can hope for #4 seed at best.

And as I said, a PNG loss end it for the season.

Should make for some exciting football IMO…. 

I don’t think point differential counts against teams that aren’t tied? If TC beat both PNG and BH they would have three district losses. If Crosby beats Ned they’ll also have three district losses. Only the BH, Ned and PNG point differentials against each other would count.

If 21 points is the cap then Ned would be -11, BH would be +7 and PNG would be +4. Crosby would finish 1st, TC 2nd, BH would finish 3rd and PNG 4th. 

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I don’t think point differential counts against teams that aren’t tied? If TC beat both PNG and BH they would have three district losses. If Crosby beats Ned they’ll also have three district losses. Only the BH, Ned and PNG point differentials against each other would count.

If 21 points is the cap then Ned would be -11, BH would be +7 and PNG would be +4. Crosby would finish 1st, TC 2nd, BH would finish 3rd and PNG 4th. 

the cap is 14

District/playoff implications this week only.

outcome #1 TC win/BH Win/ Ned win

1. Crosby 6-0 
  2. TC 5-1
  3. BH 4-2
  4. Ned 4-2
  5. PNG 3-3
  6. Dayton 1-5
  7. K -Park 1-5
  8. Santa Fe 0-6

Outcome #2 TC loss/BH win/Ned Win

1. Crosby 6-0
  2. PNG 4-2
  3. TC 4-2
  4. BH 4-2
  5. Ned 4-2 don't know district tie breakers, but there would be a week to play, so would have to look. 
  6. Dayton 1-5
  7. K - Park 1-5
  8. Santa Fe 0-6 

Outcome #3 TC loss/BH loss/ Ned win

1. Crosby 6-0
  2. TC 4-2
  3. PNG 4-2
  4. Ned 4-2
  5. BH 3-3
  6. Dayton 2-4
  7. k-park 1-5
  8. Santa Fe 0-6

Outcome #4 

TC loss/BH loss/Ned loss/

1. Crosby 6-0 
  2. TC  4-2 
  3. PNG 4-2
  4. BH 3-3 
  5. Ned 3-3 
  6. Dayton 2-4
  7. k-park 2-4
  8. Santa Fe 0-6

1 thing for sure with 2 weeks to play, all the games matter, and anything can happen. gotta love txhsfb. 

was asked to post in this thread. 

11 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah. The cap is 14. But I don’t see BH losing to TC. I think it’s PNG win to get in. The rest will play out like we all think IMO. PNG #2 or out. Crosby DC. Nederland only chance is #4 seed. This week ends the debate. 

39 minutes ago, EagleFootball281 said:

District/playoff implications this week only.

outcome #1 TC win/BH Win/ Ned win

1. Crosby 6-0 
  2. TC 5-1
  3. BH 4-2
  4. Ned 4-2
  5. PNG 3-3
  6. Dayton 1-5
  7. K -Park 1-5
  8. Santa Fe 0-6

Outcome #2 TC loss/BH win/Ned Win

1. Crosby 6-0
  2. PNG 4-2
  3. TC 4-2
  4. BH 4-2
  5. Ned 4-2 don't know district tie breakers, but there would be a week to play, so would have to look. 
  6. Dayton 1-5
  7. K - Park 1-5
  8. Santa Fe 0-6 

Outcome #3 TC loss/BH loss/ Ned win

1. Crosby 6-0
  2. TC 4-2
  3. PNG 4-2
  4. Ned 4-2
  5. BH 3-3
  6. Dayton 2-4
  7. k-park 1-5
  8. Santa Fe 0-6

Outcome #4 

TC loss/BH loss/Ned loss/

1. Crosby 6-0 
  2. TC  4-2 
  3. PNG 4-2
  4. BH 3-3 
  5. Ned 3-3 
  6. Dayton 2-4
  7. k-park 2-4
  8. Santa Fe 0-6

1 thing for sure with 2 weeks to play, all the games matter, and anything can happen. gotta love txhsfb. 

was asked to post in this thread. 

Thank you!

31 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

NM, Elam said it’s only a 14 point cap. BH gets jobbed and finishes 4th in the same scenario now. 

My prediction is that TC loses to PNG and BH. 

I think Crosby exposed TC's defense and PNG and Bh have enough talent to take lessons from the Crosby TC game and execute. 

I predict TC falling to 4th. 

1. Crosby 8-0

2. PNG 6-2

3. BH 6-2

4. TC 5-3 

5. Nederland 5-3

The big problem for Nederland is they have to play Crosby still. After last years game and all the rah rah on twitter I'm pretty sure Crosby is going to be up for that one this year. Even if it likely won't matter for the DC. 

14 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

My prediction is that TC loses to PNG and BH. 

I think Crosby exposed TC's defense and PNG and Bh have enough talent to take lessons from the Crosby TC game and execute. 

I predict TC falling to 4th. 

1. Crosby 8-0

2. BH 6-2

3. PNG 6-2

4. TC 5-3 

5. Nederland 5-3

The big problem for Nederland is they have to play Crosby still. After last years game and all the rah rah on twitter I'm pretty sure Crosby is going to be up for that one this year. Even if it likely won't matter for the DC. 

If that happened it would be 

1. Crosby
  2. PNG
  3. BH
  4. TC

Due to head to head. 

The only way BH gets to 2nd is Texas City beats PNG and then BH beats TC.

Just now, CCRed said:

A lot of people going with PNG, but I think TC’s offense is better than some think. Their defense is definitely better than PNG’s. 

If their QB is fast at all, or if he is able to hand it to a running back, who is fast enough to get outside, in any way, then TC will move the ball on PNG.  Indians only hope is to get quick short passes off prior to the TC defense sitting in the backfield.  Play as well as humanly possible, trust the outcome!

10 hours ago, chief1987 said:

Let’s hope we run some outside instead of right at there strength up the middle. 

If PNG is going to be successful running the ball on TC it's going to be up the middle. Your interior offensive linemen have a lot better chance of getting movement against their D-line than your RB does trying to hit the outside against their speedy linebackers. TC's d-line is their weakest position on that side of the ball. Again, if PNG is going to win Friday they're going to have to consistently move people off the ball at the line of scrimmage as well as try to hit three or four big pass plays against what's probably the best secondary in the district.