Vidor Pirates @ Huffman Hargrave

Boneyard Boys

I’m no math whiz but I think a victory in this game will almost cinch the Pirates getting the #1 seed in District, plus give them an opportunity to win the DC outright.  A win here and a loss to Ltown would make Tri-Champs with Vidor, LCM & Ltown, but Vidor beats LCM by 17 & LCM beats Ltown by 2, so Raiders would have to beat Pirates by 15 or 16 (just guessing here) to change order of finish.  If Vidor loses to HH, virtually no chance of a stand alone DC. To sum it up, it’s all on the line Friday.  C’mon Pirates, win this durn game.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

I’m no math whiz but I think a victory in this game will almost cinch the Pirates getting the #1 seed in District, plus give them an opportunity to win the DC outright.  A win here and a loss to Ltown would make Tri-Champs with Vidor, LCM & Ltown, but Vidor beats LCM by 17 & LCM beats Ltown by 2, so Raiders would have to beat Pirates by 15 or 16 (just guessing here) to change order of finish.  If Vidor loses to HH, virtually no chance of a stand alone DC. To sum it up, it’s all on the line Friday.  C’mon Pirates, win this durn game.

Hagar, you keep saying you have an old feeble brain but all this math makes me think otherwise! 😂

45 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

Just read on DCTF, Vidor is #10 on the DCTF rankings! No more flying under the radar, and the target just got larger.

Ool, but 👍👍👍👍👍

You can bet the Falcons will see it and it’ll give them added incentive to beat Vidor.  Hope the Pirates high five then get added incentive to beat Huffman and stay up on the Poll.  The folks at DCTF would like nothing more than Vidor to lose Friday so they can say, “See, we knew you weren’t Top Ten material”.  Bow up Pirates, you better bring your best.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Ool, but 👍👍👍👍👍

You can bet the Falcons will see it and it’ll give them added incentive to beat Vidor.  Hope the Pirates high five then get added incentive to beat Huffman and stay up on the Poll.  The folks at DCTF would like nothing more than Vidor to lose Friday so they can say, “See, we knew you weren’t Top Ten material”.  Bow up Pirates, you better bring your best.

They just need to keep blocking out the noise and keep proving themselves and everyone else every week. The kids and coaches deserve to be recognized, they earned their way into that 10 spot.

I remember last year when EVERYONE was loving slander the Pirates when we were struggling dropping down and got all the hype. I ain't forgot, and neither has this team.

4 hours ago, piratevillain said:

Just read on DCTF, Vidor is #10 on the DCTF rankings! No more flying under the radar, and the target just got larger.

Not only that, but Jeff Mathews was interviewed on the statewide 2hr Bally Sports SW highlight show! Statewide recognition! Congrats Vidor! 

If anyone is really interested in seeing it, but does not have access to the BS-SW show, PM me and provide your cell number, I can send you a clip.