Boneyard Boys

Vidor Pirates @ Huffman Hargrave

Recommended Posts

1
6 hours ago, PirateNole984 said:

#4 done for the year (might be able to come back for playoffs), #7 got banged up Friday night, #21 stepped in and played a good game.

Vidor by 15

”kill’em all, let the paramedics sort’em out”

I like 21 a lot in this offense but we need 7 he’s our little spark plug.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

You see that #21 breaking some long runs, I hadn’t seen them use him much before that game. He’s probably our fastest back, that big #44 for Livingston has wheels he tracked down and saved 3 would be long touchdown runs.

Yes I noticed that.  Dude (44) has some good speed, and so does 21 for Vidor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Yes I noticed that.  Dude (44) has some good speed, and so does 21 for Vidor.

He pancaked little 7 at the 1 yard line, chased him down jumped on his back and flattened him. You could hear it in the stands but our little guy got back up and kept playing. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a little banged up from that play though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

one thing I like about #21, kid has some burners.

That’s what I like about Vidors offense this year, you can’t key in to try and stop one player because it’s always someone different having a big game. They all get involved and share the load. Last year it was a little bit too QB centric and when they stopped him we were in trouble.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, my Vidor peeps.  I’m so sorry for being late to the party and not giving you the props and the accolades due to you.  But you guys are playing some great ball.  Congrats to Coach Matthews and Pirate nation.  Keep this momentum going.  I’ll start watching this squad closely from this point on.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

He pancaked little 7 at the 1 yard line, chased him down jumped on his back and flattened him. You could hear it in the stands but our little guy got back up and kept playing. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a little banged up from that play though.

#7 listed at 130 pounds.  I don’t know if he’s ever missed a game.  Kid carries more man in that 130 than most 200 pounders.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

That’s what I like about Vidors offense this year, you can’t key in to try and stop one player because it’s always someone different having a big game. They all get involved and share the load. Last year it was a little bit too QB centric and when they stopped him we were in trouble.

I agree, that's what I love about the offense this year it's alot more deceptive with who gets a majority of the carries. The offense last year was way too predictable, wherever the QB was turning to hand the ball off, is where the play is going. Glad we went back to our bread and butter, cause the offense is eating this year! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

7 was limping back to the huddle after a couple of plays, but didn’t see him come out til 4th quarter when Coach started wholesale substitutions. 

If I can remember correctly, someone ended up falling on his leg after a play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hagar said:

#7 listed at 130 pounds.  I don’t know if he’s ever missed a game.  Kid carries more man in that 130 than most 200 pounders.

I know he never did as a freshman, but I'm pretty sure he never did as a junior or this season so far. I'm not sure about his JV years though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

If he had a little more top end speed in the open field he’d be really dangerous but I love the kids elusiveness and toughness.

That's the only thing he's lacking, but him being so little and elusiveness with his vision to find holes definitely makes up for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

That’s what I’m talking about, maybe I don’t have to go. Could watch the game on my cellular phone.

Undefeated going into game 8 and you going to watch TV?  C’mon man (Let’s go Brandon).

On the plus side, you could keep your phone charged. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Undefeated going into game 8 and you going to watch TV?  C’mon man (Let’s go Brandon).

On the plus side, you could keep your phone charged. 😂

Let’s go Brandon for sure, I gotta go there’s no way I can miss it. Thanks to Brandon I’ll be paying 3 bucks a gallon when I fill up for the trip. Is there a Buckee’s between here and HH, that would sweeten the deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tim Riggins said:

Yeah, the play was down near the west end zone. Limped back to huddle but stayed in. I was really expecting someone to come in for him. Showed good toughness. Hopefully he’ll be at full speed Friday 

Yup, that was the play. I know my nephew's legs were tore up from all the chop blocking Livingston's o-line was doing. But he's good to go!

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Let’s go Brandon for sure, I gotta go there’s no way I can miss it. Thanks to Brandon I’ll be paying 3 bucks a gallon when I fill up for the trip. Is there a Buckee’s between here and HH, that would sweeten the deal.

Speaking of Brandon, did y'all hear the crowd chanting it when the second half started? 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Member Statistics

    42,839
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    JohnMellencamp
    Newest Member
    JohnMellencamp
    Joined

×
  • Create New...