Vidor Pirates @ Huffman Hargrave

Boneyard Boys

There’s a lot at stake here with the Pirates likely gaining statewide recognition this week. We could have a state ranked top 10 team in Vidor for the first time in a lifetime. Let’s all rally behind this team, join me in showing support and make the road trip to Huffman if you can. Let’s bring the whole town and pack the visitors side stands, you know you want to see Coach Mathews in his snazzy game day pants. Also word on the street is they got good nachos over there in HH. 

🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

Vidor’s defense has been improving all year long and really played a solid game shutting down Livingston.  Offense is really moving the ball at will right now… Huffman will have their hands full Friday night.

just want our boys to keep their focus and block out all the outside noise.

I’ll take Vidor by 14

Hope y’all don’t get tired of reading this Pirates, there’s not a bigger game in Texas than y’all beating Huffman.  Can’t emphasize this enough, focus on this game only.  This is the most important game you’ll play.  Old but true, one game at a time.  I know you can win this game.  Git’er done.

13 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

There’s a lot at stake here with the Pirates likely gaining statewide recognition this week. We could have a state ranked top 10 team in Vidor for the first time in a lifetime. Let’s all rally behind this team, join me in showing support and make the road trip to Huffman if you can. Let’s bring the whole town and pack the visitors side stands, you know you want to see Coach Mathews in his snazzy game day pants. Also word on the street is they got good nachos over there in HH. 

🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

I think I'm gonna go this game Friday, not exactly sure yet. But I'm thinking alot of Pirate fans will be making the trip as well!

Can’t impress to much how important this game is.  I won’t bother getting into all the different scenarios if you lose, but none are real good.  Bottom line Pirates, you really need a win here.  And don’t be fooled by HH losses to Ltown & LCM.  They had almost half their starters out with injuries.  You can bet some are back.  They were up 34-0 over Splendora at halftime.  You’ll see a different Falcon team than others in District have.  So buckle up your chin strap and play as well as we all know you can.

4 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

It wasn’t in my plans to make these long road trips this season cause I don’t have a kid playing but then undefeated happened.

I remember you saying that either when the season ended last year or over the summer. I don't think anyone thought the season would be like this lol crazy what can happen over a course of an off-season.

2 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

It wasn’t in my plans to make these long road trips this season cause I don’t have a kid playing but then undefeated happened.

If I wasn’t hampered by a recent operation, there’s a good chance I’d go.  Last game I saw was the Angleton game in 2012 where we fumbled the game away.  These kids have that “it” factor.  A little ability, tons of heart and the hard to find, or describe, Moxie.  Rare in Vidor Football.

Btw, I’m picking the Pirates.  If turnovers don’t kill us, we should manage a victory.

4 hours ago, Hagar said:

Can’t impress to much how important this game is.  I won’t bother getting into all the different scenarios if you lose, but none are real good.  Bottom line Pirates, you really need a win here.  And don’t be fooled by HH losses to Ltown & LCM.  They had almost half their starters out with injuries.  You can bet some are back.  They were up 34-0 over Splendora at halftime.  You’ll see a different Falcon team than others in District have.  So buckle up your chin strap and play as well as we all know you can.

You are right about HH injury situation improving. Team will be facing a a more formidable challenge now. 

13 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Great highlight video of Vidor vs Liv.  Most interesting if you watch, notice how the Pirate ball carriers have two hands on the ball until they break out in the open.

This is the hidden content, please

LCM defense looked a little better then Livingston. LCM should get the win this week. 

40 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Great highlight video of Vidor vs Liv.  Most interesting if you watch, notice how the Pirate ball carriers have two hands on the ball until they break out in the open.

This is the hidden content, please

You see that #21 breaking some long runs, I hadn’t seen them use him much before that game. He’s probably our fastest back, that big #44 for Livingston has wheels he tracked down and saved 3 would be long touchdown runs.