Alec Baldwin

baddog

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

Crew members on the movie "Rust" reportedly used the firearm involved in the death of Halyna Hutchins the morning of the fatal accident.

According to a search warrant executed by the Santa Fe County Sheriff's office, obtained by Fox News, Armorer Hanna Gutierrez Reed handled the prop gun, leaving it among others on a cart outside the set location they were filming. Assistant director Dave Halls then retrieved the gun and handed it to actor Alec Baldwin announcing that it was a "cold gun," a term used to indicate that a prop gun is safe to handle and not loaded with live ammunition. 

However, somewhere along the line, there was a miscommunication and a live round was put in the weapon that discharged when Baldwin pulled the trigger, killing Hutchins and wounding director Joel Souza. TMZ previously speculated, after sources close to the set reported that the guns were sometimes used for off-time target practice, that the hobby contributed to the live-round mixup. 

Amazes me that this could get by several "experts".

4 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

Crew members on the movie "Rust" reportedly used the firearm involved in the death of Halyna Hutchins the morning of the fatal accident.

According to a search warrant executed by the Santa Fe County Sheriff's office, obtained by Fox News, Armorer Hanna Gutierrez Reed handled the prop gun, leaving it among others on a cart outside the set location they were filming. Assistant director Dave Halls then retrieved the gun and handed it to actor Alec Baldwin announcing that it was a "cold gun," a term used to indicate that a prop gun is safe to handle and not loaded with live ammunition. 

However, somewhere along the line, there was a miscommunication and a live round was put in the weapon that discharged when Baldwin pulled the trigger, killing Hutchins and wounding director Joel Souza. TMZ previously speculated, after sources close to the set reported that the guns were sometimes used for off-time target practice, that the hobby contributed to the live-round mixup. 

Amazes me that this could get by several "experts".

With the sequence of events, there is a lot of stuff that amazes me.

Even if you were going to use a prop gun to shoot at a range while not filming, why would a loaded firearm be brought back into the set? I have gone shooting hundreds of times. Except for a handgun that I am wearing in a holster for self-defense, they never even go back in my car loaded. All guns are unloaded and the action is open. It seems like some safety personnel including the so-called experts made some obviously horrible decisions. You don’t need to be an expert to follow basic safety protocols.

I can see maybe some criminal charges being filed against someone that brought a loaded gun and put it on the set as if it was an unloaded gun if it could be proven.

59 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Someone set me straight if I’m incorrect, because I’m not 100%, but weren’t they just setting up a scene and not actually shooting the scene? If so, why did he (Baldwin) pull the trigger in the first place?

A walk through or rehearsal. 

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Someone set me straight if I’m incorrect, because I’m not 100%, but weren’t they just setting up a scene and not actually shooting the scene? If so, why did he (Baldwin) pull the trigger in the first place?

He was practicing drawing the gun from a holster and reholstering it.  It's pretty easy for me to envision a scenario where someone without much gun handling/gun safety experience would accidentally (or intentionally) pull the trigger in that situation.  Since he was told it was a "cold gun" he might very well have pulled the trigger expecting to get only the sound of the hammer clicking.  

I just think it’s funny (not comical) how everyone else is to blame except for the trigger man. Let’s investigate the gun manufacturer and go after them. 

Anyone hands me a gun and says it’s not loaded, I am removing the clip and clearing the chamber myself, and I’m no “expert”. (or opening the cylinder if it’s a revolver)

On 10/26/2021 at 10:38 AM, tvc184 said:

With the sequence of events, there is a lot of stuff that amazes me.

Even if you were going to use a prop gun to shoot at a range while not filming, why would a loaded firearm be brought back into the set? I have gone shooting hundreds of times. Except for a handgun that I am wearing in a holster for self-defense, they never even go back in my car loaded. All guns are unloaded and the action is open. It seems like some safety personnel including the so-called experts made some obviously horrible decisions. You don’t need to be an expert to follow basic safety protocols.

I can see maybe some criminal charges being filed against someone that brought a loaded gun and put it on the set as if it was an unloaded gun if it could be proven.

I could have misunderstood, but listening to the Sherriff's press conference today there were multiple live rounds in the gun they think was used.....along with over 500 "rounds" of ammo on set. I could not catch if the 500 was real or blanks or a combination of both. Any way you look at it, that does not sound like a safe atmosphere...... 

23 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

I could have misunderstood, but listening to the Sherriff's press conference today there were multiple live rounds in the gun they think was used.....along with over 500 "rounds" of ammo on set. I could not catch if the 500 was real or blanks or a combination of both. Any way you look at it, that does not sound like a safe atmosphere...... 

I would say that anytime someone is accidentally shot, it is an unsafe atmosphere. I don’t think you have to go past the fact that was somebody was shot to declare it as unsafe

It seems like that movie set was an accident waiting to happen. 

38 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

The sheriff said in the interview… “a mix of blanks, dummy rounds and what we are suspecting, live rounds”. 

The sheriff did note get there at three revolvers recovered in the vicinity of the shooting. One was the actual gun which will be test fired but he said they assume that is a functioning weapons since it fired the round that killed the woman. He said that one appears as though it may have been modified but did not describe any and one he said it was a classic non-functioning revolver.

I am assuming the one that was modified was probably a real revolver but set up only to fire blanks.

Have I ever mentioned in any other threads that I think reporters are sometimes highly educated idiots?

They ask a question and they get an answer. Another reporter will basically asked the same question, sometimes substituting a different word and will get the same answer. Then another reporter…

Maybe that’s a taught technique that if you shout the same question over and over but by different reporters each time, you might get a different answer. The way it sounds to me though is like the second reporter did not grasp the person‘s response, I’m not answering that question.

Like the district attorney in this case says something to the effect that we don’t know who will be charged if anyone. If we can find out who is responsible and it fits New Mexico law, we will file charges. We have to complete the investigation. A couple of minutes later a reporter asked, I know you said you’re not going to comment on it but could charge you to be filed against Alec Baldwin? Uhhhhh… 

I guess the attorney’s  comment that she would not comment and the reporter’s opening statement that he knew she said she would not come here, would elicit a different response?

One person asked the sheriff if they were taking into consideration the rumors (which are never evidence) that the set wasn’t safe. I can’t remember his exact response but it was the standard noncommittal, we will look into all aspects that we find and turn over all facts to the district attorney. The district attorney‘s response was that they would look into the accusations. Sure enough, a couple of minutes later a reporter asked the district attorney if the rumors about it being unsafe would matter.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

I just think it’s funny (not comical) how everyone else is to blame except for the trigger man. Let’s investigate the gun manufacturer and go after them. 

Anyone hands me a gun and says it’s not loaded, I am removing the clip and clearing the chamber myself, and I’m no “expert”. (or opening the cylinder if it’s a revolver)

you keep making the same point over and over again, while ignoring the fact that most of these actors are novices with guns at best, and have people hired on set to do this for them.  many of these actors will fire thousands of rounds in their careers from guns that others have prepared for them.  Yes, most people who have a gun handed to them who know anything about guns will clear them before doing anything else.  We get it.   But there are also stories on the news all the time about people accidentally shooting someone with a gun that they thought was unloaded, and they didn't even have someone around who's entire job was to make sure that the gun was safe (News flash, many of them are never charged with a crime).  I also get that you're all excited about the big bad liberal having a gun accident and would like to see him hung for it.  That doesn't change the circumstances surrounding the shooting, although I definitely think you should contact the proper authorities with your theory about how it all went down at the beginning of this thread.

13 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

you keep making the same point over and over again, while ignoring the fact that these actors are not gun people, and have people hired on set to do this for them.  many of these actors will fire thousands of rounds in their careers from guns that others have prepared for them.  Yes, most people who have a gun handed to them who know anything about guns will clear them before doing anything else.  We get it.   But there are also stories on the news all the time about people accidentally shooting someone with a gun that they thought was unloaded, and they didn't even have someone around who's entire job was to make sure that the gun was safe.  I also get that you're all excited about the big bad liberal having a gun accident and would like to see him hung for it.  That doesn't change the circumstances surrounding the shooting, although I definitely think you should contact the proper authorities with your theory about how it all went down at the beginning of this thread.

I’ve made my point twice. That’s not and over to me. Does one have to be a “gun person” to know if the trigger is pulled it might go off? I could cock my fully loaded .45, lay it on the kitchen counter, and it would sit there for years without accidentally going off. Someone must pull the trigger. 
I was watching TV the other night and all of a sudden “BOOM”, my shotgun went off in the closet. lol

My first post about Baldwin was due to his crappy attitude towards his daughter. If you have ever heard that phone conversation, you’d know he is a POS. I already said it was my vivid imagination.  And btw, where are the fuming liberals on this gun violence situation? I thought they didn’t miss a trick. If this was Jon Voight, they would be coming out of the woodwork. 

It is against the law in Texas to point a firearm at a person even if you think it is not loaded and even if it is not loaded. On a movie set and many have been made in Texas, you have to point firearms at people at certain points in filming.

I’m sure this, like all tragedies, will cause a change in policy in the way movies are made. Maybe they will file charges on Alec Baldwin, the person that handed him the gun or maybe both. I don’t have a clue. People are wanting to indict Alec Baldwin because he has Alec Baldwin. The concept of ex post facto and is in the Constitution. You can’t file charges on somebody after you change the law to match what happened before. Did he follow or do what is normally done at movie search over and over?  How many actors check the Firearms before they take a movie shot? In the movie the Green Beret with John Wayne, did all of the actors checked the M-16s they were shooting on set and pointing in all directions? I am fairly certain they were real weapons and I doubt they bought hundreds of fake M16s that were fully functioning. There is a huge difference. One guy‘s last name was Wayne and one was named Baldwin.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

*magazine

15 minutes ago, baddog said:

I’ve made my point twice. That’s not and over to me. Does one have to be a “gun person” to know if the trigger is pulled it might go off? I could cock my fully loaded .45, lay it on the kitchen counter, and it would sit there for years without accidentally going off. Someone must pull the trigger. 
I was watching TV the other night and all of a sudden “BOOM”, my shotgun went off in the closet. lol

My first post about Baldwin was due to his crappy attitude towards his daughter. If you have ever heard that phone conversation, you’d know he is a POS. I already said it was my vivid imagination.  And btw, where are the fuming liberals on this gun violence situation? I thought they didn’t miss a trick. If this was Jon Voight, they would be coming out of the woodwork. 

I think you made many people’s case right there. He is a real work, has a bad attitude, I totally disagree with him politically and generally think of him as an idiot. Unfortunately I think many of those same people think he should have charges filed because of that. Justice is supposed to be blind however reading various forums, sometimes obviously it is not.

Just now, tvc184 said:

I think you made many people’s case right there. He is a real work, has a bad attitude, I totally disagree with him politically and generally think of him as an idiot. Unfortunately I think many of those same people think he should have charges filed because of that. Justice is supposed to be blind however reading various forums, sometimes obviously it is not.

On the contrary, since Baldwin was the Producer for this movie, he is responsible. 

26 minutes ago, baddog said:

The guy that shot and killed Brandon Lee on the movie said did not check the weapon. Why was he not indicted?

Yes, if John Voight had done the same thing the liberals would be coming after him. The conservatives are doing the exact same thing to Baldwin. Why should politics enter into this?

You’re basically making your case for prejudice against Ballwin with your examples.

1 minute ago, baddog said:

On the contrary, since Baldwin was the Producer for this movie, he is responsible. 

He is absolutely civilly responsible and will either pay out of his pocket or the production company or his insurance.

If a person visit you on trips on your driveway and gets injured, they are almost certainly going to sue you. Should you go to jail?

19 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

He is absolutely civilly responsible and will either pay out of his pocket or the production company or his insurance.

If a person visit you on trips on your driveway and gets injured, they are almost certainly going to sue you. Should you go to jail?

Only if I accidentally shot him for trespassing with an unloaded gun that  I was going to use just to scare him off. 

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

Have I ever mentioned in any other threads that I think reporters are sometimes highly educated idiots?

They ask a question and they get an answer. Another reporter will basically asked the same question, sometimes substituting a different word and will get the same answer. Then another reporter…

Maybe that’s a taught technique that if you shout the same question over and over but by different reporters each time, you might get a different answer. The way it sounds to me though is like the second reporter did not grasp the person‘s response, I’m not answering that question.

Like the district attorney in this case says something to the effect that we don’t know who will be charged if anyone. If we can find out who is responsible and it fits New Mexico law, we will file charges. We have to complete the investigation. A couple of minutes later a reporter asked, I know you said you’re not going to comment on it but could charge you to be filed against Alec Baldwin? Uhhhhh… 

I guess the attorney’s  comment that she would not comment and the reporter’s opening statement that he knew she said she would not come here, would elicit a different response?

One person asked the sheriff if they were taking into consideration the rumors (which are never evidence) that the set wasn’t safe. I can’t remember his exact response but it was the standard noncommittal, we will look into all aspects that we find and turn over all facts to the district attorney. The district attorney‘s response was that they would look into the accusations. Sure enough, a couple of minutes later a reporter asked the district attorney if the rumors about it being unsafe would matter.

I really enjoyed the way Donald Rumsfeld would reply to reporters that asked stupid questions or would repeat the same questions. In his day, that man was razor sharp with a slight humor to his responses.