Next Friday is snap shot day !!!

lcm93

16 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

The numbers always change, also the estimate given is absolute maximum we all know lower schools have more total students per class than higher schools, that's generally how growth works. 

I'd guess Crosby sits in the low 1900's somewhere around 1910-1930. The classifications have without fail gone up a bit each year for 5a.

Crazy, I was just doing the same thing. It’s hard to nail it down exactly because of the opt-ups but the 5A-D2 enrollment cap moved about 60 kids from 2018 to 2020. If it goes up by a similar margin again I think we stay D2. I was doing the math in our growth percentages a little while ago and predicted us at 1,931. 

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

I have a feeling that Crosby and BH both going Div 1 And Lumberton coming back to 5A Div 2…

I don’t think Crosby is. If the cutoff moves to something north of 1970, which looks probable based on the short history of us having classes, then BH probably isn’t going to make it this go around. We’ll both be well over it for sure next time though. 

10 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I don’t think Crosby is. If the cutoff moves to something north of 1970, which looks probable based on the short history of us having classes, then BH probably isn’t going to make it this go around. We’ll both be well over it for sure next time though. 

Do you happen to know BH's current number? Any of the others in the district?

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah you are right about cut off numbers always going up… Crosby very well could be one of the largest Div 2 teams in the state. 

Yalls neighbor to the north in Huffman I know tons of growth is going on over there too…. Will they be close to 5A numbers? 

6 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Yeah I was wondering about that too. Makes more sense. I could not see any totally new school being created in the BMT area. 

BTW New Caney is building one right now. "West Fork" is the name if I recall. 

Yep. The West Fork Gators is what they'll be called.

On 10/22/2021 at 9:45 AM, oldman said:

5A Division I     1922 - 2219   129 schools

5A Division II    1230 - 1921   122 schools

Based on the numbers from 2020 I think Crosby will be 5AD1,  unless the numbers change.

2018-2020 realignment for 5a

5A Division I: 1840 - 2189; 127 schools

5A Division II: 1150 - 1839; 125 schools

82+ on top D2, which would put top of D2 this alignment around 2,003 ish. BH and Crosby may stay D2 barely.

8 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

2018-2020 realignment for 5a

5A Division I: 1840 - 2189; 127 schools

5A Division II: 1150 - 1839; 125 schools

82+ on top D2, which would put top of D2 this alignment around 2,003 ish. BH and Crosby may stay D2 barely.

Those were the projections. The actual 5A-D1 ceiling is 2,211 and the floor is 1,920 with Houston Waltrip being the largest D2 school at 1,919. Taking into consideration the new schools and the natural growth in the metro areas I think the 5A-D2 cutoff will be somewhere around 1,980 before potential opt-ups which may move the number another 20-25 kids and be right around your 2,003 number.  

Unlike other districts FBISD does weekly enrollment reports. 

If the snapshot is similar this week to last weeks here are the numbers 

FB Austin HS - 2263

FB Bush - 2534

FB Clements - 2488

FB Dulles - 2402

FB Elkins - 2586

FB Hightower - 2364

FB Kempner - 1971

FB Marshall - 1554

FB Ridge Point - 3060

FB Travis - 3097

FB Willowridge - 1298

31 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Unlike other districts FBISD does weekly enrollment reports. 

If the snapshot is similar this week to last weeks here are the numbers 

FB Austin HS - 2263

FB Bush - 2534

FB Clements - 2488

FB Dulles - 2402

FB Elkins - 2586

FB Hightower - 2364

FB Kempner - 1971

FB Marshall - 1554

FB Ridge Point - 3060

FB Travis - 3097

FB Willowridge - 1298

It’s appears FB has been having declining numbers? FB hasn’t added a school in a while, but neighboring Lamar Consolidated ISD is exploding. I think they have another HS being built right now. 

51 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

It’s appears FB has been having declining numbers? FB hasn’t added a school in a while, but neighboring Lamar Consolidated ISD is exploding. I think they have another HS being built right now. 

Lamar randle lions!! Idk about the fb new school .

8 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

Can we talk about how Cleveland went from 3a to 6a in less than 10 years?  Good gravy

The entire 59 corridor north of the beltway all the way to Cleveland is growing like that except for Splendora. New Caney had one school in 2010 but next year will have three 5As. Matter of fact pretty much every major thoroughfare coming off the north side of the beltway has growth like that. Other districts just open more schools, Cleveland ISD has chosen not to so far but could probably really use one on the north side of town.