Barbers Hill 66 Nederland 28/Final

AggiesAreWe

outa up is correct about the offense. RB’s are not very good, QB’s accuracy is poor, only 1 decent receiver, and the Oline is really bad, however the defense is also bad.  The secondary is basically non existent, only 1 decent LB’er, and the Dline is weak, so yes they have probably over achieved

7-3 not bad, 4-3 district, and unfortunately sitting at home during the playoffs

On 10/23/2021 at 1:58 PM, spidersal said:

outa up is correct about the offense. RB’s are not very good, QB’s accuracy is poor, only 1 decent receiver, and the Oline is really bad, however the defense is also bad.  The secondary is basically non existent, only 1 decent LB’er, and the Dline is weak, so yes they have probably over achieved

7-3 not bad, 4-3 district, and unfortunately sitting at home during the playoffs

Wow you seem to have it all figured out are you a coach 

Thank you GoPro

I have watched all 8 games the Bulldogs have played and I would say after watching, that my assessment is pretty accurate The QB has struggled with accuracy all season, however he does run the ball well and he is probably their best QB.  The Oline is big, however they haven’t blocked well at all.  The RB’s do not block well and are slow, however when your line doesn’t block it is tough to run.

I certainly think if you ask BH, PNG, and Silsbee, and in 2 weeks Crosby, they will tell you that Big Ned’s defense is weak.

After watching all games, I think that it could possibly be the worst defense Nederland  has had in the last 20 years

Yes, they will finish 7-3 and 4-3 unless KO upsets them this week.

Their only chance to make the playoffs is if TC beats the Indians this week and I don’t see it happening 

48 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Thank you GoPro

I have watched all 8 games the Bulldogs have played and I would say after watching, that my assessment is pretty accurate The QB has struggled with accuracy all season, however he does run the ball well and he is probably their best QB.  The Oline is big, however they haven’t blocked well at all.  The RB’s do not block well and are slow, however when your line doesn’t block it is tough to run.

I certainly think if you ask BH, PNG, and Silsbee, and in 2 weeks Crosby, they will tell you that Big Ned’s defense is weak.

After watching all games, I think that it could possibly be the worst defense Nederland  has had in the last 20 years

Yes, they will finish 7-3 and 4-3 unless KO upsets them this week.

Their only chance to make the playoffs is if TC beats the Indians this week and I don’t see it happening 

Still didn’t answer my question, coach or salty parent ?

How about a quick recap of the games they have played so far.

They have played 2 good teams, 2 average teams, 1 that is below average this year and 3 really bad teams.

The WOS game was a big win, however if you watched the entire game, Nederland had a dozen or less offensive plays with 2 big pass plays for TD’s.  Just about every time WOS made a big run it was called back for a penalty, plus Thompson was not there, but a big win

.Houston Austin, Santa Fe, and Dayton are bad football teams this season. The Dogs had big wins in all games, but did not play well in the Austin and Santa Fe games.  They looked very sluggish in the Austin game and scored fewer points than any other team in district against Santa Fe at home.  They did play pretty good defense vs Dayton and actually ran the ball well.

The Silsbee and PNG games were big wins, however in both games the defense was bad in the 1st half.  Thankfully the Silsbee defense was worse than Nederland’s in the 2nd half and PNG choked the pooch with turnovers in the 2nd half.  Still both good wins.

Against TC, the offense was awful. They could not score from a 1st and goal at the 3 yard line and the safeties were lost as a goose on TC’s 2 TD’s, especially the one right before half.  That was the 2nd worse game the Dogs have played this year.

Finally, the BH game at home was atrocious. BH pujnted 1 timeand had over 600 yards on offense.  The Nederland defensive game plan was bad.

I would say that I look at the total picture of the game dogbite

1 hour ago, spidersal said:

How about a quick recap of the games they have played so far.

They have played 1 good team, 3 average teams, 1 that is below average this year and 3 really bad teams.

The WOS game was a big win, however if you watched the entire game, Nederland had a dozen or less offensive plays with 2 big pass plays for TD’s.  Just about every time WOS made a big run it was called back for a penalty, plus Thompson was not there, but a big win

.Houston Austin, Santa Fe, and Dayton are bad football teams this season. The Dogs had big wins in all games, but did not play well in the Austin and Santa Fe games.  They looked very sluggish in the Austin game and scored fewer points than any other team in district against Santa Fe at home.  They did play pretty good defense vs Dayton and actually ran the ball well.

The Silsbee and PNG games were big wins, however in both games the defense was bad in the 1st half.  Thankfully the Silsbee defense was worse than Nederland’s in the 2nd half and PNG choked the pooch with turnovers in the 2nd half.  Still both good wins.

Against TC, the offense was awful. They could not score from a 1st and goal at the 3 yard line and the safeties were lost as a goose on TC’s 2 TD’s, especially the one right before half.  That was the 2nd worse game the Dogs have played this year.

Finally, the BH game at home was atrocious. BH pujnted 1 timeand had over 600 yards on offense.  The Nederland defensive game plan was bad.

I would say that I look at the total picture of the game dogbite

FTFY