Crosby 69 Port Neches-Groves 28/Final

AggiesAreWe

18 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Thats it. Too many Labor issues in the Beaumont - PA area. Too many strikes, too much litigation, too much hostility to the industrial plants and refineries. Texas Monthly once named Beaumont / Jefferson Co. a "Judicial Hellhole". It amazes me how solid blue Beaumont always votes against the hand that literally feeds them (industry), when Beaumont has little else to drive its economy and fund its tax base. 

Kill the Golden Triangles version of a Golden Goose and the decline inevitably happens. Schools suffer.  

It really has nothing to do with red or blue but two things. First, the person most instrumental in helping secure refining permits is your US representative which has been a republican for the Beaumont area since 1995. Second, my company is expanding its Beaumont refinery so what ever needed to take place at the city happened also. 

The issue is that there is a lot more automation and more contractors in the refineries now. That leads to a need for less permanent resources(residents) and creates a more transient workforce(guys living in travel trailers in these RV parks). That transient workforce usually doesn’t bring their kids and companies are figuring out how to operate with less and less so there’s not some huge need for employees at these refineries even when they’re expanded. 

These big refineries now are operating at about a quarter of the permanent personnel they used to 40 years ago. People are trickling from the smaller towns to the larger metro areas to take advantage of the job market in this places. That’s why you see contraction in SETX, not because some union guys are locked out right now. 

I have a relative in upper management at a MAJOR refinery whose name every one knows. He tells me the inside scoop what his company, and industry in general thinks about red-blue politics, and specifically the Beaumont Port Arthur area. B-PA has a well deserved bad reputation. When asked about the workforce in one city in Jefferson Co., one industry leader said "Half of the people there don't want to work, and the other half who do will steal from you". Trial lawyers have offices on every block it seems. Pretty harsh but very telling of the reputation. If not for this, then why IS Beaumont Port Arthur declining? Meanwhile red Chambers Co. has an abundance of great jobs and lots of growth as you are well aware. 

If you still don't think red-blue politics matter to industry, why is there a massive exodus of productive people and companies from super blue California and New York into red Texas and Florida? Its so obvious no one can deny it. Well maybe almost no one.    

Blue California loses population for the first time: 

This is the hidden content, please

Blue California loses businesses to Red Texas

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

Having lived in this area all my life, and seeing (and hearing Cherokee more than I want) PNG games and fans, it’s hard to believe the stands weren’t full.  Honestly, other than playoff games I attended in the Dome, I’ve never seen a PNG game where the stands weren’t packed.  They may still hold the record with Plano (if memory is right) for attendance.  Holy Moly, things are changing.

A lot of people stayed home or went to see the Astros play. But, attendance is declining from the years past. A lot of people, after they graduate are moving away for better paying jobs then what they can here. Therefore we are getting people moving in either being transferred for their job or coming down here for construction work. Those people weren’t born and raised in the traditions of PNG so their kids don’t understand it. Therefore they don’t take interest in all of it. I was born and raised here and my family has had season tickets for over 45 years. These move ins don’t understand it used to be impossible to get season tickets unless they were passed down in families or someone was giving up their tickets because they either moved or passed away. Hate to say it but things aren’t changing for the good.

2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

I have a relative in upper management at a MAJOR refinery whose name every one knows. He tells me the inside scoop what his company, and industry in general thinks about red-blue politics, and specifically the Beaumont Port Arthur area. B-PA has a well deserved bad reputation. When asked about the workforce in one city in Jefferson Co., one industry leader said "Half of the people there don't want to work, and the other half who do will steal from you". Trial lawyers have offices on every block it seems. Pretty harsh but very telling of the reputation. If not for this, then why IS Beaumont Port Arthur declining? Meanwhile red Chambers Co. has an abundance of great jobs and lots of growth as you are well aware. 

If you still don't think red-blue politics matter to industry, why is there a massive exodus of productive people and companies from super blue California and New York into red Texas and Florida? Its so obvious no one can deny it. Well maybe almost no one.    

Blue California loses population for the first time: 

Blue California loses businesses to Red Texas

What jobs are to be had in Chambers county?

There is nothing around here for many people. Plenty of opportunities in Houston (hour and 40 minute drive from where I live) which isn't far from here. Population in the area is declining for many years. I have seen people cleaning land and ready for construction on Chevron-Phillips plant (which we say it could be a finished deal) around Highway 87 in Orange most recently. It may help the area a little (but might be not a whole lot).

On 10/23/2021 at 8:44 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

I actually thought BF had a great gameplan. Move the pocket and try to take advantage of the pass plays we struggled to cover on film. Hit us on the second play of the game for a TD. 

Us armchair qbs thought PNG should try to run the ball and eat clock. In actuality though the way PNG was getting beat at the LOS if they tried to run Trahan from the beginning of the game they might not have scored in the first half. They just would’ve ended up in 2nd and 3rd and long a lot more. BF outcoached us armchair guys. The game was always going to be about Crippen being able to make enough plays to keep PNG in it and he couldn’t. He can only do so much though. 

As far as the talent pool, you’re spot on. It’s something I’ve been saying for the last few years now. The suburban schools like Crosby and BH with growing enrollments just have bigger talent pools to choose from right now. 

He did, and that was throw the ball in the middle which has been an Achilles heel with Crosby. But once Crosby got pressure on the QB that was all she wrote. We are not capable of winning a shootout with the personnel we have. But I was actually surprised we hung for a bit. As for the rest of this whole thread, some is true, some is not. But, PNG is not the PNG of my day. Take it how y’all all want. 

16 hours ago, Stattrax said:

He did, and that was throw the ball in the middle which has been an Achilles heel with Crosby. But once Crosby got pressure on the QB that was all she wrote. We are not capable of winning a shootout with the personnel we have. But I was actually surprised we hung for a bit. As for the rest of this whole thread, some is true, some is not. But, PNG is not the PNG of my day. Take it how y’all all want. 

Agreed, we haven’t covered anything over the middle or that 8 yard our route off play-action the whole season. PAM was also having success against us with it but went away from it and BH never tried it. There were were several more plays to be made over the middle and probably a couple of TDs but to someone’s point earlier the PNG qb play isn’t what is has been in past years. 

I’ll say this though. PNG has significantly less talent than Dayton, yet BF still has them right in the thick of things. 

12 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Agreed, we haven’t covered anything over the middle or that 8 yard our route off play-action the whole season. PAM was also having success against us with it but went away from it and BH never tried it. There were were several more plays to be made over the middle and probably a couple of TDs but to someone’s point earlier the PNG qb play isn’t what is has been in past years. 

I’ll say this though. PNG has significantly less talent than Dayton, yet BF still has them right in the thick of things. 

It was me who noted our QB play. And yes, with some coaching Dayton should be better, they have talent for sure. 

On 10/23/2021 at 8:33 PM, chief1987 said:

No. D-line coach I believe. 

We should have known he probably wasn't the DC at Allen.  There would be a 99.99999% chance an OC or DC from a 6A, successful program would not voluntarily quit and take the same position at a lower classification school.  Now, with that being said, PNG's DC, at Allen, had one area of responsibility.  I understand the D line.  He did not lead anything.  He did not coordinate anything.  He was just a spoke in the wheel.  You have a 50-50 chance at success in the hire.  So...