Little Cypress-Mauriceville 33 Lumberton 31/Final

AggiesAreWe

9 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Being honest, I just thing they’re playing better teams in Vidor and Lumberton. Huffman is small and not very good from watching the Lumberton game. 

Man Houston Kinkaid was ranked number 2 in the state in Tapps and has 2 D1 commits. They were tough. WOS and Jasper defense is good. It hasn’t been a easy road. I think the New Peevy is rubbing off and they want to go back to mediocre team. 

Edited by LCMAlumtiger32

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Being honest, I just thing they’re playing better teams in Vidor and Lumberton. Huffman is small and not very good from watching the Lumberton game. 

I really don't think y'all are appreciating exactly how injured Huffman is right now. If they get their kids back they will immediately go back to being one of the best teams in this district. Of course it won't matter in the standings but someone from that other district is gonna catch a loaded 4 seed for sure. Our team was so beat up against LCM and especially Lumberton that they switched to a 4 man front which they've never ran and it showed. They have two Freshman and two Sophomores starting in their front 7 on Defense. None of them were starters early on and two are only on Varsiry because of how beat up they are. Prior to the LCM game I stated in another thread we had 11 starters out with Injuries. Tonight it was closer to 14. Its hard to be good as a 4A team with that many Injuries. You just dont have the numbers to overcome it.

8 minutes ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

Hush I have never in my life been to oje their games lol. I wanted to because I lived in their area but was either working or back in Lumberton for Lumberton’s game. 

Thankgoodness you didn't for their sake. 🤦🏾‍♂️

32 minutes ago, Walk-off said:

Congrats to LCM Bears, they beat a very good Lumberton team. Their QB is a player, believe they will give Vidor a game. 

If Vidor loses to Huffman, the Pirates could end up third in District if Ltown beats them.  If Vidor beats Huffman, a loss to Ltown would leave a three way tie with Vidor, Ltown & LCM.  Still a lot of football to play.  Vidor better bring their A game.

10 hours ago, FALCONS2026 said:

I really don't think y'all are appreciating exactly how injured Huffman is right now. If they get their kids back they will immediately go back to being one of the best teams in this district. Of course it won't matter in the standings but someone from that other district is gonna catch a loaded 4 seed for sure. Our team was so beat up against LCM and especially Lumberton that they switched to a 4 man front which they've never ran and it showed. They have two Freshman and two Sophomores starting in their front 7 on Defense. None of them were starters early on and two are only on Varsiry because of how beat up they are. Prior to the LCM game I stated in another thread we had 11 starters out with Injuries. Tonight it was closer to 14. Its hard to be good as a 4A team with that many Injuries. You just dont have the numbers to overcome it.

That explains a lot.  Probably not any 4A in the State, except maybe Carthage, that could have that many injuries and continue to win.  I will say I hope the HH Coach keeps most of them out one more game.  If Vidor, as I’m sure they will, breaks into the DC Top Ten, the Pirates not being used to that rarified air may quit playing with the same intensity.  If they do, HH might donkey stomp them.  Coach Matthews has his work cut out for himself.

1 hour ago, BattlinBear02 said:

Yep I hate knowing we have to deal with him for 2 more yrs 🤦 that big running back is a stud too...runs like a little Mike Alstott

7 minutes ago, BattlinBear02 said:

Yea Lumberton is young....gonna be a handful the next few years

Yea they might give some 5a teams problems the next few years.