WO-S Transfer QB that Transferred Out

marshman

Saw on Hudl that Landon Heath the QB that transferred to WO-S in the summer, played 2 games then left is back on his old North Forney team and starting. Shame he didn’t have a different attitude, we could have used him this year but with his ways WO-S is better off without him. Just throwing it out there cause I found it interesting.

2 hours ago, marshman said:

Saw on Hudl that Landon Heath the QB that transferred to WO-S in the summer, played 2 games then left is back on his old North Forney team and starting. Shame he didn’t have a different attitude, we could have used him this year but with his ways WO-S is better off without him. Just throwing it out there cause I found it interesting.

NF is horrible, they've only won 1 game and that was week-1. 

2 hours ago, marshman said:

He wanted that single digit jersey number bad 😂😂

1 hour ago, powerlifter said:

home sick and pier presser

Home sick? That kid bounced around schools up north, no doubt the kid is legit though, guess that's why he's been QB1 whether at NF or Wos. Still a headscratcher why he was even down here in this area. 

3 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

He couldn't cut it to WOS standard. He might be good around there but looked like someone's backup around here.

He could’ve also thought they were capable of having a season like they did last year at NF? Their only two losses were to #1 Ennis and # 2 Aledo, they also beat Lone Star. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

He could’ve also thought they were capable of having a season like they did last year at NF? Their only two losses were to #1 Ennis and # 2 Aledo, they also beat Lone Star. 

Does he have any eligibility left after this season? Is he still a free agent or committed? Vidor needs players like this, WOS does not.

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Home sick? That kid bounced around schools up north, no doubt the kid is legit though, guess that's why he's been QB1 whether at NF or Wos. Still a headscratcher why he was even down here in this area. 

My guess is somebody from West Orange promised him the world and did not deliver. I wouldn’t doubt it at all because WOS best basketball player last season came from a transfer. Was he from the same area? They are starting to figure out the game over there, it won’t just be local movement anymore. We will be playing by Dallas and Houston rules around here before long. 

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Well I didn’t think about that but you’re right. He probably doesn’t want to execute a bunch of fake handoffs before he gets to run or throw.

I wouldn’t be surprised if y’all had kids transfer out just to be a receiver. Way the world is everyone is transferring there kids it’s a win now mentality 

4 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

My guess is somebody from West Orange promised him the world and did not deliver. I wouldn’t doubt it at all because WOS best basketball player last season came from a transfer. Was he from the same area? They are starting to figure out the game over there, it won’t just be local movement anymore. We will be playing by Dallas and Houston rules around here before long. 

I could see it. 

2 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if y’all had kids transfer out just to be a receiver. Way the world is everyone is transferring there kids it’s a win now mentality 

I know a few that could have done a lot better at LCM if they were worried about their personal success over the team mentality and I know some did make that move. I even know of one player that actually came to Vidor from another school and he was really good for us back in the day.

We've had a transfer from Vidor down here, he was a freshman though, right after Harvey hit. Never caught his name, saw him roaming around our fieldhouse when I was up there to watch a mid-week practice. He eventually went back to Vidor very late in the season. Had some height on him but was skinny. 

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I sure hope that's the case, if not they would be at a disadvantage against 99% of their opponents.

North Forney and Irving are not exactly in the same neighborhood but they are both near Dallas so it just goes to show that big time athletes are targeting this area. Are they specifically coming to WOS, idk anybody else getting players from DFW? Possibly but they are probably the only school around here with enough clout to bring in some prospects. I’m sure they have a cousin, aunt or unc who lives around here, might even need to take care of Grandmama.

I couldn’t tell you why he came here,but the reason he left was….after LCM game his dad got sick back”home” and he went back.WOS had a bye the following week due to Jasper canceling,he showed back up on Tuesday of the Newton week thinking he was right where he left off….wrong,he was informed he would run with the 2’s at practice and not start the game.Emphasized he would play just not start due to Zig 1 1/2 weeks of practice and game planning and preparation.He didn’t like that and well folks that’s the end-!

12 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The NF head coach retired last season. He was a sore loser when he was the coach at Grapevine after Aledo beat them in the payoffs. 

3 hours ago, wo-s#1 said:

I couldn’t tell you why he came here,but the reason he left was….after LCM game his dad got sick back”home” and he went back.WOS had a bye the following week due to Jasper canceling,he showed back up on Tuesday of the Newton week thinking he was right where he left off….wrong,he was informed he would run with the 2’s at practice and not start the game.Emphasized he would play just not start due to Zig 1 1/2 weeks of practice and game planning and preparation.He didn’t like that and well folks that’s the end-!

He's regretting it now probably, that NF team this year is horrible. Sounds like a situation where he thought he was above the team just cause he was the better QB.