2A

#12 Timpson

#17 Tenaha

1A

#15 Chireno

🐺🐺🔥🔥

5 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Nothing new for that program.

Polls will never put more expectations on certain programs than they put on themselves.  Tigers are one of those programs.  As well as they did last year in what was supposed to be a “down year,” I know they were still disappointed.  That’s one way to tell a great program from a good one…

On 10/18/2021 at 12:37 PM, no-look said:

What happened to LaPoynor in 2A?  Went 5 deep last year and lost one player. 

I heard the coach left and took his son, not sure though. Surprised I don't see Big Sandy in the top 25 considering their run last year, unless that is them at #9 and not the Big Sandy by longview?

Polls will change by December definitely. A few teams in the 4A list are ranked based off last years team performance and the good ole boy system. Silsbee is where they should be. They will lose to teams they supposed to in higher divisions who have more experience, but will take care of all the rest with little problem. Their district will be tougher then many think, but I think they will be fine. The only team that I think can beat them in their district is WOS, but not twice. They would split the games. Also HF will be ranked top 10 before start of district. 

On 10/22/2021 at 8:34 PM, Cardinal 1 said:

Polls will change by December definitely. A few teams in the 4A list are ranked based off last years team performance and the good ole boy system. Silsbee is where they should be. They will lose to teams they supposed to in higher divisions who have more experience, but will take care of all the rest with little problem. Their district will be tougher then many think, but I think they will be fine. The only team that I think can beat them in their district is WOS, but not twice. They would split the games. Also HF will be ranked top 10 before start of district

That last sentence is obvious click bait.

On 10/24/2021 at 10:07 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

That last sentence is obvious click bait.

If you don't think having all returning core starters from the past two years and backups, plus adding a 6'4" top 40 player that can play and guard the 1-5, wouldn't place them in the top ten by end of December then you don't know basketball my friend 🤣.  They will literally be able to score at all 5 positions, plus a player that can't be guarded unless you double team him which leaves you playing 4 on 3 versus three 1st team all district players one being all region. Trust me, they will be top 10 by end of December. 

21 hours ago, Cardinal 1 said:

If you don't think having all returning core starters from the past two years and backups, plus adding a 6'4" top 40 player that can play and guard the 1-5, wouldn't place them in the top ten by end of December then you don't know basketball my friend 🤣.  They will literally be able to score at all 5 positions, plus a player that can't be guarded unless you double team him which leaves you playing 4 on 3 versus three 1st team all district players one being all region. Trust me, they will be top 10 by end of December. 

To go from unranked to top 10 before district is going to take beating some big names.  Who does HF play that could propel them up the list?  I know you guys played Coach Brian English and the Runnin' Bulldogs early last year and didn't quite pull off the upset.  I like the Longhorns this year, but I don't think they're better than Nederland or a top 10 4A team.  That one muscled up kid that can play inside and out is nice though.

2 hours ago, The Dragon said:

To go from unranked to top 10 before district is going to take beating some big names.  Who does HF play that could propel them up the list?  I know you guys played Coach Brian English and the Runnin' Bulldogs early last year and didn't quite pull off the upset.  I like the Longhorns this year, but I don't think they're better than Nederland or a top 10 4A team.  That one muscled up kid that can play inside and out is nice though.

The Horns will have Barbers Hill, Nederland and HJ all on the road before the end of December. All 3 are a tough out at home. 

On 10/26/2021 at 5:50 PM, The Dragon said:

They play 2-3 Tournaments this year which will include a lot of playoff teams from last year and the muscled up kid is just one of 4 that can hoop. If you're referring to the forward from last year that averaged a double double, yes he's very nice, but will not be their best player and leading scorer this year. That's what's scary and will catch folks off guard. Their best player was ruled ineligible last in an attempt to get him to move out the district, but he stayed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got done watching Faith Family vs McKinney.

FF will definitely be a big problem for Silsbee if the Tigers meet up with them. Looked like they had three 7 footers on their team. I know, they were probably really in the 6`7  - 6`8 range but they looked that big playing McKinney, and McKinney is supposed to be the 6A squad if I'm not mistaken.

They did lose for what it's worth 45 - 44.

On 10/27/2021 at 10:28 PM, Cardinal 1 said:

They play 2-3 Tournaments this year which will include a lot of playoff teams from last year and the muscled up kid is just one of 4 that can hoop. If you're referring to the forward from last year that averaged a double double, yes he's very nice, but will not be their best player and leading scorer this year. That's what's scary and will catch folks off guard. Their best player was ruled ineligible last in an attempt to get him to move out the district, but he stayed. 

I am talking about your son.  He is a good player and is strong!

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to 2021-22 TABC State Rankings, FINAL
  • AggiesAreWe unpinned this topic