Colin Powell

baddog

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

as soon as one of you guys admits that this arrogant blowhard you defend alienated the voters he needed to win reelection.  THEY made the choice they made because HE acted like a petulant child.  It doesn't matter if they made the wrong choice at this point or not, we're stuck with it.  And at some point the trump apologists have to realize that the country is going to be run into the ground if the focus is on blaming "the (insert derogatory adjective here) left" and not on finding ways to make republican candidates palatable to the swing voters necessary to win a presidential election.  Biden is setting the country up to vote for a republican in the next election.  Hopefully Trump doesn't screw it up.  

Who are the "Trump apologists"? Who are the ones defending his mean tweets?

As petulant as Joe Biden acts now, can you imagine how he would react if the media treated him like they do Trump? Talk about "bigly" petulance. 

Do you think the media will go after the GOP candidate (whoever it may be) with every derogatory, unsavory, unethical accusation known to man? And yet, somehow Trump will still get the blame.

1 hour ago, Englebert said:

Who are the "Trump apologists"? Who are the ones defending his mean tweets?

As petulant as Joe Biden acts now, can you imagine how he would react if the media treated him like they do Trump? Talk about "bigly" petulance. 

Do you think the media will go after the GOP candidate (whoever it may be) with every derogatory, unsavory, unethical accusation known to man? And yet, somehow Trump will still get the blame.

Don’t get bent out of shape, because I don’t disagree with much that you said here, but this is literally a trump apologist post.  I think trump did a pretty good job as president, and I voted for him twice.  The only difference between myself and a lot of folks on here is that I’m willing to place blame on him for the way he acted.  It’s directly affecting you, me, and everyone else as we speak.  He brought democratic voters out to the polls in a way that lame duck Biden never could, and pushed a lot of centrists left.  Y’all can continue to blame everyone that he upset for how stupid they were for voting for Biden, but that doesn’t change the fact that had he shown some humility and common sense, and not devoted so much time to insulting people, we wouldn’t be having this conversation (and our country would be a lot better off).

21 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Don’t get bent out of shape, because I don’t disagree with much that you said here, but this is literally a trump apologist post.  I think trump did a pretty good job as president, and I voted for him twice.  The only difference between myself and a lot of folks on here is that I’m willing to place blame on him for the way he acted.  It’s directly affecting you, me, and everyone else as we speak.  He brought democratic voters out to the polls in a way that lame duck Biden never could, and pushed a lot of centrists left.  Y’all can continue to blame everyone that he upset for how stupid they were for voting for Biden, but that doesn’t change the fact that had he shown some humility and common sense, and not devoted so much time to insulting people, we wouldn’t be having this conversation (and our country would be a lot better off).

Maybe the Dems should have given him the chance to show humility, instead of impeaching him knowing they were doing so with criteria that was proven false.  He had every right to go after the Dems and media as he did.  There’s not another man that would have stuck it out for four years like Trump did.  Personally, I feel biden is paving the way for his return.  He is single handedly setting the Dim party back years!

36 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Don’t get bent out of shape, because I don’t disagree with much that you said here, but this is literally a trump apologist post.  I think trump did a pretty good job as president, and I voted for him twice.  The only difference between myself and a lot of folks on here is that I’m willing to place blame on him for the way he acted.  It’s directly affecting you, me, and everyone else as we speak.  He brought democratic voters out to the polls in a way that lame duck Biden never could, and pushed a lot of centrists left.  Y’all can continue to blame everyone that he upset, but that doesn’t change the fact that had he shown some humility and common sense, and not devoted so much time to insulting people, we wouldn’t be having this conversation (and our country would be a lot better off).

I never get bent out of shape, unless you go in the gutter...then I start playing. (You know I'm not referring to you.)

You are conflating the issue. I'm not apologizing at all for Trump's tweets/actions. In fact, I didn't like many of them, hated some. I liked that he did punch back when a punch was thrown at him. Probably because McCain, Romney, Bush never fought back against the punches (lies) thrown at them. What I'm doing is putting less weight on his tweets/personal actions and judging him more on his policy results. You are putting more weight on his tweets/personal actions than I do to evaluate the man. That's a slight but very common difference in philosophy. Everyone has their own set of weights. But I'm definitely not apologizing for him.

I will defend him for the media outrage that was perpetrated on him. Some of it was deserved because of his own actions, but most of it was just pure hatred by the Liberals. This has been their tactic (see Romney, McCain, Bush, Bush, and Reagan), but it was ramped up ten fold for Trump. I found that unacceptable and am disgusted by it. If the media would have bashed him for his bad behavior, but also treated him fairly for his policy successes, then he would have won in a landslide. He did not doom his candidacy, he was railroaded by the media. The media mobilized the Democrat voters through lies. Those lies against him, or anyone, is unacceptable to me.

And I definitely want to make that clear to as many as possible. The next GOP candidate will be accused of every immoral action known to man. The media/Liberals now know they can get away with this ratcheted strategy because it worked so well on Trump. We actually have people that voted for an incompetent fool because the media trashed a very, very successful incumbent. Social media tech was complicit and an active participant in the hijacking of the election, and will ramp it up even more in the next election. So no, no apologies, only a realistic view of poor actions from both sides, weighted appropriately.

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Realistically, the people who say stuff like this are the people who the mean tweets appeal to.  But those people aren’t going to vote Democrat if he doesn’t use social media to be childish and insulting.  It’s the people that the tweets bothered who matter, because they’re the ones that decided the election.  And you guys can say the same things over and over about people needing to “get thicker skin”, but it’s not going to change how they feel.  You can blame the people who decided to vote against him, but you have to ask yourself which would be better: trump not acting like a buffoon on social media and us still having a competent Republican president, or him insulting people to pump up his supporters, but us having a senile geriatric in office who’s running the country into the ground.  Very few on the left were excited about Biden, but the overwhelming majority of them hate trump.  He bent over backwards to make sure of it, and it came back to bite him.  

I don’t agree with his Twitter rants…..it s not presidential.  And I don’t have Twitter so the tweets don’t appeal to me.

the problem with newer generations they are taught to base their decision making off of emotion….which is the worst way to make a decision. Which could cause some major issues down the road(who am I kidding we are already seeing the effects) 

the older generations are dying off to counter these younger generations so we shall see

This is not a reply to you Bullets, just a rant I want to expound upon my previous post. You got me riled up...in a good way.

I think I can make my point clearer. If Trump would have "abdicated his thrown" for whatever reason the first week into his presidency, Mike Pence would have assumed the role. Pence's moral/social standing is impeccable. If Pence would have enacted the same exact policies as Trump, I have absolutely no doubt, repeat, absolutely no doubt, that the same character assassinations would have commenced upon him. Lies, fake conspiracies, fake accusations would have been just as rampant. (See Brett Kavanaugh.) Pence's policy successes would have been ignored/buried per Liberal playbook. Through these unconscionable attacks, the Liberal media would have mobilized the anti-"GOP" vote no matter who was at the helm. History has shown this clear as day to me. It is even worse now. Watch how the media treats politicians differently based on party. Watch which scandals based on evidence get buried, and which scandals "go viral" based on zero credible evidence, you know...anonymous sources backed up by biased "experts". It has come to pass, it will come again.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Somehow my point is no getting across, Trump is a rude, crude blowhard, no argument from me.  You have never seen me defend his behavior.

I will also not defend folks that willingly vote for a destructive candidate over their hurt feelings.

I read regularly on this forum where parents are hammered for running a good coach out of town because he cussed or yelled at their kids, or worked them too hard.  If only the coach had been nicer, to heck with results, don't hurt feelings...how are those programs doing.

Only difference is this is much more important to our lives.

12 hours ago, bullets13 said:

This is all that I've been saying since the election.

The clown act was the problem... not the people who voted against four more years of the clown act. 

9 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

The clown act was the problem... not the people who voted against four more years of the clown act. 

Ignoring the clown show all around I see. TDS can be blinding to even the most obvious things...obviously. Ask Maxine Waters about her clown antics brought on by TDS. Y'all might find commonality.

Just now, Englebert said:

Ignoring the clown show all around I see. TDS can be blinding to even the most obvious things...obviously. Ask Maxine Waters about her clown antics brought on by TDS. Y'all might find commonality.

"They do it, too" is your defense?  I thought we were better than them?

There's nothing wrong with standing up for yourself and punching back.  But that's not what Trump was doing.  Going after Megyn Kelly because she has a menstrual period?  How is that punching back? It's not, it's just alienating a lot of undecided voters who also get periods. 

If Trump is so awesome, wouldn't he be smart enough to get all of those ignorant moderates to vote for him instead of Biden?   Apparently not. 

15 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Wrong, they are the problem.  They have proven themselves incapable of making the best choice for the country.

Personally, I expect nothing less from boobs that can be swayed by personal feelings about someone over very successful policies.  

I’ll attempt to put this in a nutshell…..

Trump was seen as the man who would shake up the festivities of the Democratic Party aka. the deep state, and their millions in pocket money. You can’t be Mr. Nice Guy and get things accomplished. He rubbed people the wrong way and that is a good thing, whether you like it or not. 

This country was founded on the middle finger so I can’t see why true Americans get their panties wadded over some harsh words and criticism. Democrats are the sorriest  group of nut jobs I have ever seen. They deserved everything Trump said about any of them…. And a few Republicans too. 

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Wrong, they are the problem.  They have proven themselves incapable of making the best choice for the country.

Personally, I expect nothing less from boobs that can be swayed by personal feelings about someone over very successful policies.  

Right... Trump is right and everybody else is wrong.  

Nominate Trump (or somebody like him) and you'll have another Democrat President in 2024. 

He's literally the worst president we've ever had and y'all are all still here singing his praises.

1.  Race relations worsened under his watch

2.  He destroyed the strongest economy in our lifetime

3.  Deficits/Debt exploded on his watch because of tax cuts without corresponding cuts in spending

4.  We lost both houses of Congress under his leadership

5.  He had to take a pregnancy test after what senile Joe Biden did to him in the election

6.  He started an insurrection in a failed attempt to retain his power.

He was trash, and anybody that's still singing his praises is trash, too. 

3 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Nominate Trump (or somebody like him) and you'll have another Democrat President in 2024. 

He's literally the worst president we've ever had and y'all are all still here singing his praises.

3.  Deficits/Debt exploded on his watch because of tax cuts without corresponding cuts in spending

5.  He had to take a pregnancy test after what senile Joe Biden did to him in the election

Your smarter than that….worst ever …..really. That’s your emotions talking

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

"They do it, too" is your defense?  I thought we were better than them?

There's nothing wrong with standing up for yourself and punching back.  But that's not what Trump was doing.  Going after Megyn Kelly because she has a menstrual period?  How is that punching back? It's not, it's just alienating a lot of undecided voters who also get periods. 

If Trump is so awesome, wouldn't he be smart enough to get all of those ignorant moderates to vote for him instead of Biden?   Apparently not. 

Yep, you sound just like Maxine Waters and many of the unhinged Liberals. Everything is Trump's fault...everything...regardless of any other factors. Just like everything was Bush's fault. Just like everything was Reagan's fault. Simple playbook for simple minds.

3 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Yep, you sound just like Maxine Waters and many of the unhinged Liberals. Everything is Trump's fault...everything...regardless of any other factors. Just like everything was Bush's fault. Just like everything was Reagan's fault. Simple playbook for simple minds.

Yet he voted for Trump twice…. or so he says. Go figure. 

35 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

TDS is really not good for your emotional well-being, but it does produce some hillarious posts. I'm starting to think that you are just "yanking our chains". It's not really conceivable that someone can actually be this unhinged. The hatred espoused must be a joke. Okay, you fooled me. You win. Can we now go back to semi-rational discussions.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

🤦hopeless 

12 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I support my team even when the coach is a clown.  But pretending that he's a Hall of Fame Coach when he's 0-32 like Trump is just insane. 

Nobody is pretending Trump was a saint. Nobody is ignoring Trump's faults. Everyone on here has acknowledged how rude and crude he can be at times. TDS must have caused you to ignore all of those posts, along with all of the posts documenting the TDS overwhelming the airwaves. Seems like you missed a ton of those posts.

It's obvious you are still playing the game. At least I hope so. 0-32. Destroyed race relations. Destroyed his own record-setting economy. That whole list is comical.

45 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I support my team even when the coach is a clown.  But pretending that he's a Hall of Fame Coach when he's 0-32 like Trump is just insane. 

Your analogies fall short a lot of the time. Trump made other people look like clowns, especially anyone from cnn, Pelosi and Schumer, yet those clowns are still there and none of those listed do anything for the American people. When they do their little “speeches” from scripted notes, they always mention “The American People” and “The Constitution”, both of which they care absolutely nothing about. Stop trying to convince everyone that we should hate him just because you think he was a clown because Emmett Kelly would be Pelosi and Biden. 

Back on topic….. Powell died from Covid after being “fully” vaccinated. 

19 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Maybe the Dems should have given him the chance to show humility, instead of impeaching him knowing they were doing so with criteria that was proven false.  He had every right to go after the Dems and media as he did.  There’s not another man that would have stuck it out for four years like Trump did.  Personally, I feel biden is paving the way for his return.  He is single handedly setting the Dim party back years!

Lmao

You hillbillies wouldn’t shut up about Obama being a Kenya born Muslim for 8 years, but ok