Colin Powell

baddog

Never was a big fan of his.  I was over there in ‘91, and most of us preferred Stormin’ Norman.  Sad that he passed, but I didn’t think it warranted flags at half mast.  When I saw them lowered today I actually thought it was for the Harris County Constable’s deputy that was ambushed and murdered, along with two other officers shot.

26 minutes ago, Chester86 said:

Never was a big fan of his.  I was over there in ‘91, and most of us preferred Stormin’ Norman.  Sad that he passed, but I didn’t think it warranted flags at half mast.  When I saw them lowered today I actually thought it was for the Harris County Constable’s deputy that was ambushed and murdered, along with two other officers shot.

Agree

3 hours ago, Chester86 said:

With all due respect, the dude is legendary. 

34 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Trump crapping all over him in the press the day after his death is exactly the sort of thing that will drive undecided and moderate voters away.  but like you guys say, being a jerk shouldn't matter.  

lol, let's put the old racist guy in office, (his own VP accused him of it) at least he's not a jerk.

I wish at least one of you guys would admit that these sensitive fools you defend made a terrible mistake by voting this guy in.

THEY made the wrong choice, that's on them.

It didn't surprise me, I saw it coming.

I guess maybe that’s why I’m not so outraged.  I do not seek out everything Trump does on a daily basis.  To be honest, I haven’t really read an article on him since he left office.  He’s not in office, and there is way more than enough to be read every day on the current administration……(spoiler alert - none of it good either!).

13 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

lol, let's put the old racist guy in office, (his own VP accused him of it) at least he's not a jerk.

I wish at least one of you guys would admit that these sensitive fools you defend made a terrible mistake by voting this guy in.

THEY made the wrong choice, that's on them.

It didn't surprise me, I saw it coming.

as soon as one of you guys admits that this arrogant blowhard you defend alienated the voters he needed to win reelection.  THEY made the choice they made because HE acted like a petulant child.  It doesn't matter if they made the wrong choice at this point or not, we're stuck with it.  And at some point the trump apologists have to realize that the country is going to be run into the ground if the focus is on blaming "the (insert derogatory adjective here) left" and not on finding ways to make republican candidates palatable to the swing voters necessary to win a presidential election.  Biden is setting the country up to vote for a republican in the next election.  Hopefully Trump doesn't screw it up.  

7 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

as soon as one of you guys admits that this arrogant blowhard you defend alienated the voters he needed to win reelection.  THEY made the choice they made because HE acted like a petulant child.  It doesn't matter if they made the wrong choice at this point or not, we're stuck with it.  And at some point the trump apologists have to realize that the country is going to be run into the ground if the focus is on blaming "the (insert derogatory adjective here) left" and not on finding ways to make republican candidates palatable to the swing voters necessary to win a presidential election.  Biden is setting the country up to vote for a republican in the next election.  Hopefully Trump doesn't screw it up.  

Oh it does matter that they made the wrong choice, and they are going to vote for the wrong choices again and again and again.

You seem to think that the right Republican will fix these fools, it won't.

Remember McCain was the Republican darling to the democrats and the media...until he ran for President.

Trump's gone and the problem is still with us.

23 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Oh it does matter that they made the wrong choice, and they are going to vote for the wrong choices again and again and again.

You seem to think that the right Republican will fix these fools, it won't.

Remember McCain was the Republican darling to the democrats and the media...until he ran for President.

Trump's gone and the problem is still with us.

about 10% of voters decide every election.  These are the "fools" the republicans have to court, and that Trump has to quit alienating.  

I don’t believe anyone who says Trump alienated himself from potential voters with his attitude. Biden hiding in a basement while Trump was drawing record numbers of crowds to his rallies. It is something I have never witnessed before with anybody else. If he was alienating from his voters, the turnouts would have been reversed……tens of thousands vs. 5 people.

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Trump crapping all over him in the press the day after his death is exactly the sort of thing that will drive undecided and moderate voters away.  but like you guys say, being a jerk shouldn't matter.  

This is the part of trump I can’t stand…..makes no sense in saying such things.  This is the moment where the momma s voice chimes in…if you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say anything.

1 minute ago, 5GallonBucket said:

This is the part of trump I can’t stand…..makes no sense in saying such things.  This is the moment where the momma s voice chimes in…if you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say anything.

He's in an echo chamber... he has supporters that clap like seals no matter what he says or does.  It doesn't matter if Trump liked John McCain or not... the guy was a legit hero and was beloved in his home state of Arizona.  Is it a surprise that Arizonans voted for the guy that DIDN'T take posthumous dump on McCain?  Apparently that outcome came as a complete shock to Trump and his loyalists across the country. 

This is my firm belief.  Trump didn't win a single vote with his childish behavior in the first debate.  No reasonable person watched that mess and thought... you know, that guy throws a good fit.  I'm voting for him.  But I can guarantee that Trump's behavior earned Joe Biden a lot of votes.  You can't blame that on the media... trump did it to himself.  

1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

10%??

it comes down to winning certain states

Yup.  That’s where the 10% of voters I’m referring to reside.  My number honestly is probably a little high.  Trump could kill kittens on live tv and still carry Texas, and Biden could push an old lady in front of a train and still carry California.  It’s your swing states that are around 50/50 red/blue that decide the election.  And breaking it down even further, it’s the small percentage of voters in those states who don’t cast their vote based on party who truly decide the election.  

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I’m referring to someone s death.

the mean tweets. People gotta get thicker skin

Realistically, the people who say stuff like this are the people who the mean tweets appeal to.  But those people aren’t going to vote Democrat if he doesn’t use social media to be childish and insulting.  It’s the people that the tweets bothered who matter, because they’re the ones that decided the election.  And you guys can say the same things over and over about people needing to “get thicker skin”, but it’s not going to change how they feel.  You can blame the people who decided to vote against him, but you have to ask yourself which would be better: trump not acting like a buffoon on social media and us still having a competent Republican president, or him insulting people to pump up his supporters, but us having a senile geriatric in office who’s running the country into the ground.  Very few on the left were excited about Biden, but the overwhelming majority of them hate trump.  He bent over backwards to make sure of it, and it came back to bite him.