PN-G Indians vs Crosby Cougars

NDNation

8 hours ago, Davidp0403 said:

Found this pretty interesting on common opponents in district so far.  

274EF22B-F1EB-4E5A-95AA-4603928A22C5.png

This post is a little misleading. Crosby didn't play backups late, they played them entire halves in two of those games while PNG played the starters the whole time. It was 49-0 at halftime against Dayton and the backups were coming in in the second quarter. Dayton probably only had 100 yards of offense at halftime, ALL their points and 70% of their yards came against backups. Against KP it was 46-7 at halftime, it was 60-7 after three quarters. We played backups the whole second half. Again, 6 points and about 70% of their yards came in the second half against backups. All the points PNG gave up came against their starters. BH is the only legit comparison on here. 

What he didn't highlight was that PNG is +37 in those three games and Crosby is +92. That's a pretty big gap, especially considering if Crosby would've played their starters as long as PNG had to in the Dayton and KP games they probably score in the 90's against both of them. 

1 hour ago, Steven Avery said:

2020 Crosby Independent School District Prieto Jerry W Athletic Director $97,946.00 Texas Education Agency

That's probably some kind of base salary. Prieto probably makes around $125k. Riordan was making right at $134k when he left three years ago.

This is the hidden content, please

9 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That's probably some kind of base salary. Prieto probably makes around $125k. Riordan was making right at $134k when he left three years ago.

Hmm. I'm pulling straight from the state records. Are you sure when Crosby went broke they didn't pull back salaries? Or what kind of games were they playing if they were forking over another 60K outside of base pay? Interesting.  The number below is what his pension is based off of so I would think that's a big deal.

2018 Crosby Independent School District Riordan Jeffrey Ray Teacher $79,740.00 Texas Education Agency

2 hours ago, NDNation said:

Or would it actually be an upset? Hmmm

What he's saying isn't true though. PNG might've played backups during the last drive or so of a couple of those games but when Crosby pulled the starters against Dayton and KP the combined score was 95-7. I believe it was something like 49-41 combined for PNG in those same games? I would also point to PNG giving up 38 to a Nederland offense that was shut out by TC, Crosby was up 50-13 after three quarters though. 

5 minutes ago, Steven Avery said:

Hmm. I'm pulling straight from the state records. Are you sure when Crosby went broke they didn't pull back salaries? Or what kind of games were they playing if they were forking over another 60K outside of base pay? Interesting.  The number below is what his pension is based off of so I would think that's a big deal.

2018 Crosby Independent School District Riordan Jeffrey Ray Teacher $79,740.00 Texas Education Agency

Yeah, we would've never gotten Riordan for $80k. Here is the 2017 article on the highest paid coaches and Riordan was at $120k which was underpaid for the single high school districts in our area at the level he was performing. It's normal in the Houston and Dallas areas for coordinators to be making $80k+. That pension number is probably like my company. My pension is based off a my base salary but what I have to report to the IRS is significantly more. 

I don't think they cut pay, they just cut personnel and didn't give raises for a year or so. Like I said, I think those numbers you're looking at are just some kind of base pay. If Prieto stays two or three more years he's probably going to be up around $140k but that's what you have to pay in these big metro areas to retain good coaches. Prieto might not even be in the top 25 in the Houston area right now and Crosby coaches are usually in the top 5-8, Riordan was the 7th highest paid coach in Texas when he left.   

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

What he's saying isn't true though. PNG might've played backups during the last drive or so of a couple of those games but when Crosby pulled the starters against Dayton and KP the combined score was 95-7. I believe it was something like 49-41 combined for PNG in those same games? I would also point to PNG giving up 38 to a Nederland offense that was shut out by TC, Crosby was up 50-13 after three quarters though. 

PNG only gave up 24 to the Nederland offense. 14 of Nederland’s points came from a scoop and score off a fumble and a pick 6. 

On 10/16/2021 at 10:16 PM, png9mon said:

Well, let's see, PNG at home, for the toughest team in the district. (That's where Indian fans want it.)  Homecoming night for increased excitement. (Sounds good.)  I see now, Crosby is so dominant, and considers the PNG team so inferior,  there is no chance of an Indian victory.  Keep on believing that Cougars. Heck,  don't even bother practicing for us, it's pointless.  Just look right past that silly old Indian team.  Keep that focus all week Cougars, please!👍🏈  See you on the field! 

I have a therapist in the family I can get you a discount…

9 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Gotcha. Either way, I don’t really care about what happened before. It comes down to this week’s game. I’m either going to make that long drive home happy, or pi$$ed with that PNG band and chant stuck in my head. 😁

Exactly! This game is PNG vs Crosby. Throw the stats out the window. You have to assume each team has gotten better...well maybe not our defense, but you get what I mean.

11 hours ago, Davidp0403 said:

Found this pretty interesting on common opponents in district so far.  

274EF22B-F1EB-4E5A-95AA-4603928A22C5.png

Hmm, why does it leave out score margins I wonder? 

We had the same yards as PNG against Dayton, yet played one half with starters and had 3 non-offensive TD's.

Crosby played back ups for entire halves against two of those teams. I love the mental gymnastics PNDN's need to do to try and make this seem like an even game. If they win it'll be a huge upset, if they lose it'll be expected. 

Game comparisons especially this one is definitively an act of futility. Just like people talking up TC last week. we can see what you do on the field, anyone pretending PNG's defense is in the same ballpark as Crosby is smoking the good stuff. 

I think highly of PNG's offense, but when you can't stop people you have a hard time beating high quality opponents. 

Just now, Bigdog said:

I'm not sensitive, and I don't know if he is or not.   Just trying to keep the peace.

Anytime a BH fan decides to step into a PN-G vs Crosby thread and try to take some shots I am going to give it back. It is all in fun. I didn't call out his momma or anything like that. Just their overpaid / underperforming coaches. 

12 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Exactly! This game is PNG vs Crosby. Throw the stats out the window. You have to assume each team has gotten better...well maybe not our defense, but you get what I mean.

The other thing that I hope has gotten better is your culinary skills in the concession stand. 😂

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

Hmm, why does it leave out score margins I wonder? 

We had the same yards as PNG against Dayton, yet played one half with starters and had 3 non-offensive TD's.

Crosby played back ups for entire halves against two of those teams. I love the mental gymnastics PNDN's need to do to try and make this seem like an even game. If they win it'll be a huge upset, if they lose it'll be expected. 

Game comparisons especially this one is definitively an act of futility. Just like people talking up TC last week. we can see what you do on the field, anyone pretending PNG's defense is in the same ballpark as Crosby is smoking the good stuff. 

I think highly of PNG's offense, but when you can't stop people you have a hard time beating high quality opponents. 

Trust me, we aren't pretending anything about our defense. It is what it is and it's been enough to get some wins.

On 10/18/2021 at 8:32 AM, Cougtalk said:

In district Crosby brings a nearly perfectly balanced offense to bear. 

54-86 for 965 yards and 13 passing TD's 

135 rush attempts 879 yards and 14 rushing TD's 

That's exclusively in district play according to max preps, NDN's do not do their stats in maxpreps. 

anyone got PNG, I know Trahan has been a key weapon. 

898 yards in district