PN-G Indians vs Crosby Cougars

NDNation

27 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

to think we bought a state title run for under 250k total. 

Coach P probably made that by himself his first two years here. I believe his wife works for the district also so I would say we paid in the $375k range which is still a heck of a return when considering he has us on track to repeat last year's run. 

1 minute ago, Cougtalk said:

agreed about Bh game... like why is Bh throwing the ball deep against a soft cover 4...

Never saw them hit one crossing route against a wide open middle, continually tried to force it deep all night when Hagler was averaging 14ypc. The way PNG was playing off and still bailing, IDK why Holdren didn't just take off and run for 20 yards on almost every one of those deep attempts he was forcing.  

8 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Coach P probably made that by himself his first two years here. I believe his wife works for the district also so I would say we paid in the $375k range which is still a heck of a return when considering he has us on track to repeat last year's run. 

Just looked it up. Prieto makes more than I thought he did. 

After watching png play united/BH & Crosby play Texas City. I don't believe the Indians can stop the high powered Crosby offense from putting up 50+. #10, #14 & #20 are legit & can score from anywhere on the field. Texas City defense was no slouch, legit players at every position & Crosby made them look like a JV squad. If Crosby plays defense the way they did vs. Texas City, PNG is in for a long nite, if the Crosby defense from BH game shows up then png will put up points to keep it respectable. The only way Crosby loses a district game this year is if they beat themselves with turnovers & penalties or #10 doesn't play. But the game is at png's Indian burial grounds so there could be some homecoming tribal voodoo magic floating around that could hamper the cougars.....     

2 hours ago, KF89 said:

After watching png play united/BH & Crosby play Texas City. I don't believe the Indians can stop the high powered Crosby offense from putting up 50+. #10, #14 & #20 are legit & can score from anywhere on the field. Texas City defense was no slouch, legit players at every position & Crosby made them look like a JV squad. If Crosby plays defense the way they did vs. Texas City, PNG is in for a long nite, if the Crosby defense from BH game shows up then png will put up points to keep it respectable. The only way Crosby loses a district game this year is if they beat themselves with turnovers & penalties or #10 doesn't play. But the game is at png's Indian burial grounds so there could be some homecoming tribal voodoo magic floating around that could hamper the cougars.....     

Well, luckily the only time the defense from the BH game showed up is against BH. Defense really just played two bad quarters in that game though, they held them to 13 points in the second half. The defensive starters for Crosby are probably only allowing somewhere around 20ppg. I agree keeping Myles upright is a must. 

As for the game the only reason I think it might not be a blowout is because it's on the Reservation. Otherwise I think the score would be worse than it was last year in Crosby. Being on the road in that type of environment against a team playing with house money is a dangerous situation but luckily we had the BH adversity to prepare. PNG gets down 17 points to us like they did to KP, Reservation or not, that's probably checkmate.  

It would behoove Crosby to get up by as many points as it can before halftime at The Rez. Too much weird stuff happens in the 2nd half there lately, well the last 2 seasons to include this one, trust me I know. We went thru it last yr there. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, luckily the only time the defense from the BH game showed up is against BH. Defense really just played two bad quarters in that game though, they held them to 13 points in the second half. The defensive starters for Crosby are probably only allowing somewhere around 20ppg. I agree keeping Myles upright is a must. 

As for the game the only reason I think it might not be a blowout is because it's on the Reservation. Otherwise I think the score would be worse than it was last year in Crosby. Being on the road in that type of environment against a team playing with house money is a dangerous situation but luckily we had the BH adversity to prepare. PNG gets down 17 points to us like they did to KP, Reservation or not, that's probably checkmate.  

I agree. Also Crosby kick returners are very dangerous. If png kicks it to #14 like Texas City did they will be in a bind trying to tackle him. He is the most explosive cat i've seen this year in district play.   

On 10/17/2021 at 8:08 AM, #COUGAR08 said:

Aledo looked like a somewhat normal team Friday, care to shed some insight? Not the normal Bearcat beatdown

Timberview has good size and controlled the trenches. We had trouble stopping their run game and they were able to slow ours down. Combine that with the team being flat and Timberview not wanting to be #100. Made for a really good game. They are going to be a handful come tournament time. But through the adversity we were able to see the character of our team. They never backed down and kept fighting. That's all you can hope for. 

8 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

In district Crosby brings a nearly perfectly balanced offense to bear. 

54-86 for 965 yards and 13 passing TD's 

135 rush attempts 879 yards and 14 rushing TD's 

That's exclusively in district play according to max preps, NDN's do not do their stats in maxpreps. 

anyone got PNG, I know Trahan has been a key weapon. 

Trahan had 1237 yards  Crippen had 1347 yards I believe 

11 hours ago, aki1994 said:

How does it feel to be some ignorant? Barbers Hill never fails to produce the dumbest fans on the board that spew the dumbest crap. Go to the Nederland thread and discuss how you might get swept by the Mid County suburbs with your cant buy a district championship overpaid coach. 

You need to address this to your fan mate, Cheif1987. He went there FIRST, so don't WHINE when a rebuttal response comes your way. That's the way it works, Mr. IGNORENT 1994.  

4 hours ago, Davidp0403 said:

Found this pretty interesting on common opponents in district so far.  

274EF22B-F1EB-4E5A-95AA-4603928A22C5.png

I think what this article doesn’t consider is starters not playing the entire game. I don’t know about PNG, but during the Kpark game, Crosby had backups playing in the 2nd quarter.  Either way, should be a good game. 

12 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

You need to address this to your fan mate, Cheif1987. He went there FIRST, so don't WHINE when a rebuttal response comes your way. That's the way it works, Mr. IGNORENT 1994.  

Ignorant. Find your spell check. I also opened a new can of worms with your overpaid coaches. So I was coming at you and not rebutting. Go look for an argument on twitter. You are out of your league here. 

2 hours ago, CCRed said:

I think what this article doesn’t consider is starters not playing the entire game. I don’t know about PNG, but during the Kpark game, Crosby had backups playing in the 2nd quarter.  Either way, should be a good game. 

Read all the way down. He addresses that also.

23 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

2020 Crosby Independent School District Prieto Jerry W Athletic Director $97,946.00 Texas Education Agency

2 hours ago, aki1994 said:

Ignorant. Find your spell check. I also opened a new can of worms with your overpaid coaches. So I was coming at you and not rebutting. Go look for an argument on twitter. You are out of your league here. 

Lets tone down the personal stuff please.