PN-G Indians vs Crosby Cougars

NDNation

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

We actually had a kid transfer to GCM this year, not sure if he was eligible or chose to play for them though? He’s one of the kids I thought would be a stud receiver for Crosby this year too. Man, if Crosby can get their hands on this young running back out of GCCISD though .  .  .  

He's playing on the JV team

7 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

How does that work when someone is employed by the district? The WR that went to GCM was able to move because his pops works for GCM. Could he move back because he lives in Crosby? 

On another note if someone has a kid about to attend GCM they mights as well move to Crosby. GC aint got nothing going over there. 

IDK how the district coaches ruled on his eligibility? For him to still be on jv after six weeks means there might be some hangup with his PAPF? Not sure why he wouldn’t be playing varsity otherwise? Pretty sure he can come back, the brothers we had transfer from CE King in ‘15 were ruled ineligible by the district committee and we’re able to go back to CE King and play. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Does GCM have 6A numbers again? If so I expect some kids transferring out, no way they would volunteer to take weekly beatings from NS & company. 

Depends on where the enrollment cap moves and if they re-zone more kids to Sterling? If nothing changes they should be right at the cutoff though. As those young subdivisions around GCM start to mature you’re going to see their enrollment rise pretty quick over the next few alignments. I was told the GC admin were trying to keep all of their schools 5A but IDK how far out in front of that they actually are though? 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

IDK how the district coaches ruled on his eligibility? For him to still be on jv after six weeks means there might be some hangup with his PAPF? Not sure why he wouldn’t be playing varsity otherwise? Pretty sure he can come back, the brothers we had transfer from CE King in ‘15 were ruled ineligible by the district committee and we’re able to go back to CE King and play. 

He should have been good to transfer I assume that a parent working for the district was a legit reason. I just knew he was next up at Crosby. Raw athlete could've been at that safety or corner. 

Let’s get back to the game. I have no idea how to get season stats for the district, but I’m assuming defensively we rank towards the bottom. And assume we must be close to the top in rushing. To the comment above about our defense, we have athletes on that side of the ball, and they do want to make plays, the issue is low football IQ. That puts us out of position on almost every play. Which leads to some better coaching IMO. I won’t waste a ton of typing on the subject, but numbers never lie, and at the end of the day, you are what you are. The only game plan for a PNG win is hiding an IPad in a Crosby coaches hoodie, and hoping he gets caught with it. Now after that being said, I would hope we run the ball 50 times and keep the Crosby offense off the field as much as possible. I do not see this being a close game, however I do see a few ways to keep it competitive. I hope we stay healthy, and have no injuries, which will give us our best chance when we play Texas City. Crosby is by far the class of the district, and I have no problems putting that in writing. PNG is on the other end of the spectrum, and hopefully can pull off a playoff spot, which might build a little momentum for next year. I was glad to see the younger QB get in the game last week, a great learning experience. I have Crosby by multiple scores. All this is just opinions based on my Tecmo Bowl experience. 
@mr.buddygarrity

57 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Let’s get back to the game. I have no idea how to get season stats for the district, but I’m assuming defensively we rank towards the bottom. And assume we must be close to the top in rushing. To the comment above about our defense, we have athletes on that side of the ball, and they do want to make plays, the issue is low football IQ. That puts us out of position on almost every play. Which leads to some better coaching IMO. I won’t waste a ton of typing on the subject, but numbers never lie, and at the end of the day, you are what you are. The only game plan for a PNG win is hiding an IPad in a Crosby coaches hoodie, and hoping he gets caught with it. Now after that being said, I would hope we run the ball 50 times and keep the Crosby offense off the field as much as possible. I do not see this being a close game, however I do see a few ways to keep it competitive. I hope we stay healthy, and have no injuries, which will give us our best chance when we play Texas City. Crosby is by far the class of the district, and I have no problems putting that in writing. PNG is on the other end of the spectrum, and hopefully can pull off a playoff spot, which might build a little momentum for next year. I was glad to see the younger QB get in the game last week, a great learning experience. I have Crosby by multiple scores. All this is just opinions based on my Tecmo Bowl experience. 
@mr.buddygarrity

Lmao 🤣 

Well said man, well said. 😁

1 hour ago, Stattrax said:

@mr.buddygarrity

I'm honestly more excited to see the pregame/halftime performance from PNG! God I hate Cherokee but love the way yall do things over there, class act for sure and allways a pleasure in groves 

Only thing I worry about in this game is Fatigue. 

Our starting wide-outs play safety, PNG has shown the ability to throw deep on basically every play. 

More run plays called bigger win for the cougars in this one. I think we will maul PNG at line of scrimmage on both sides. However, we have shown inability to cover good deep ball throwers and good underneath gameplans. I take the cougars by 28 but think we give up a lot of points and have to skate away in the 3rd quarter/4th quarters. 

57-28

11 hours ago, chief1987 said:

400 to 500 yards rushing gives us a chance. They’re beatable. Just like Baytowns suburb was. 

Do yall have the ability to replicate that BH o-line? I don't think yall go into this game thinking we are going to run the ball for 400 yards if you do this one will be over by half-time. 

8 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

I'll take being a Baytown suburb over being a Port Arthur suburb, every day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

How does it feel to be some ignorant? Barbers Hill never fails to produce the dumbest fans on the board that spew the dumbest crap. Go to the Nederland thread and discuss how you might get swept by the Mid County suburbs with your cant buy a district championship overpaid coach. 

In district Crosby brings a nearly perfectly balanced offense to bear. 

54-86 for 965 yards and 13 passing TD's 

135 rush attempts 879 yards and 14 rushing TD's 

That's exclusively in district play according to max preps, NDN's do not do their stats in maxpreps. 

anyone got PNG, I know Trahan has been a key weapon. 

38 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

How does it feel to be some ignorant? Barbers Hill never fails to produce the dumbest fans on the board that spew the dumbest crap. Go to the Nederland thread and discuss how you might get swept by the Mid County suburbs with your cant buy a district championship overpaid coach. 

Welp, he said it and not a Crosby fan!

45 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

Well, you could've told them how you really feel? To be fair though, they have purchased two district championships. One in '11 under Gage and one in '19 under TW which helps bring down their average to $1.5M per title. 

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, you could've told them how you really feel? To be fair though, they have purchased two district championships. One in '11 under Gage and one in '19 under TW which helps bring down their average to $1.5M per title. 

to think we bought a state title run for under 250k total. 

24 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

everyone is beatable, but I'll eat a crow if yall manage 400 yards rushing. 

I watched the BH vs PNG film yesterday and how BH didn't score 60, IDK? Terrible game by their offensive coordinator. I tried to watch the KP vs PNG film to see how PNG compiled those yards but the defense was so bad by both teams I just turned it off sometime during the second quarter. Trahan had a great day against KP running the ball but I don't think he'll be much trouble for Crosby to stop.

Didn't want to get a false sense of anything. PNG's defenders were literally running up to the KP players and even really trying to tackle them, just running up close to them and stopping. The defensive end "sets the edge" but lets the back run right by him on the zone read every time. PNG's db will be nowhere near the Crosby receivers on most plays, IDK what the goal is of that 4-2-5 they run with limited d-line and linebacker personnel? 

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I watched the BH vs PNG film yesterday and how BH didn't score 60, IDK? Terrible game by their offensive coordinator. I tried to watch the KP vs PNG film to see how PNG compiled those yards but the defense was so bad by both teams I just turned it off sometime during the second quarter. Trahan had a great day against KP running the ball but I don't think he'll be much trouble for Crosby to stop.

Didn't want to get a false sense of anything. PNG's defenders were literally running up to the KP players and even really trying to tackle them, just running up close to them and stopping. The defensive end "sets the edge" but lets the back run right by him on the zone read every time. PNG's db will be nowhere near the Crosby receivers on most plays, IDK what the goal is of that 4-2-5 they run with limited d-line and linebacker personnel? 

agreed about Bh game... like why is Bh throwing the ball deep against a soft cover 4...