Livingston at Vidor

vhs

1 minute ago, Hagar said:

If you’re on FB, go to Vidor Pirate Football.  Channel (?) 18 does a livestream.  It’s from sidelines, ground level, but they get some good shots.  Sometimes I watch that but I’ll be going back here often to read BoneyardBoy’s post.  He’s better than radio announcers, imo.

18 Thirteen by Kevin Steele on Facebook. 

17 minutes ago, Hagar said:

If you’re on FB, go to Vidor Pirate Football.  Channel (?) 18 does a livestream.  It’s from sidelines, ground level, but they get some good shots.  Sometimes I watch that but I’ll be going back here often to read BoneyardBoy’s post.  He’s better than radio announcers, imo.

Livingston had a live stream last year on YouTube, but that was just for home games. But I haven't came across anything about the game Friday being streamed or being on the radio.

Do y'all remember when Vidor had its own football website around 2000-2003? They had their own radio broadcast, and you could listen to every Pirate football every Friday night on that site. Good times!

27 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Thanks very much! I'll definitely try that. BoneyardBoys is the best! That's how I usually follow along.

42 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Way Back Wednesday

This is the hidden content, please

Love it! That’s where I got my profile pic from. It’s a shame old Chevy couldn’t cut it at UT but he and Montana went blow for blow in that game.

Chevoski got ran off by the iron fist of Charlie Strong, along with half of the Longhorn program and Montana went on a mission.

That was a very special team to me, watching that video brings back so many memories of the 2012 Vidor Pirates. You see #28 Matt Thomas playing linebacker, he died shortly after that game. They dedicated the season to him and made a nice playoff run. They would stop to kneel and pray at the 28 yard line every time they came out of the tunnel after being led out by Matt’s father holding the Pirate flag. They scored 28 points to win the first game following his death to honor him. His little brother Celly was moved up to varsity and wore his jersey the rest of the season.

This is the hidden content, please

MQ, Bolinger, Godeaux, Stevenson and Novak in the backfield with Brentyn Clark leading the way and John Boy Smith at TE. 

Stout defense led by MQ, Bryce Cooper, Quinten Whitmire and Alex Boutte. 

Even yours truly making an appearance in the video when the camera pans the home crowd stands. 🏴‍☠️

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Love it! That’s where I got my profile pic from. It’s a shame old Chevy couldn’t cut it at UT but he and Montana went blow for blow in that game.

Chevoski got ran off by the iron fist of Charlie Strong, along with half of the Longhorn program and Montana went on a mission.

I always thought his name was Chokevoski Rollins

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I  remember a few Livingston coaches trying to start fights with students and parents as they exited the stadium by the concession stand. They were literally squaring off with fists in the air and were trying to motivate their players to fight the people sitting along the fence. I was proud of those folks for not entertaining that garbage, they had more important stuff to do like finish their nachos and BBQ links.

6 hours ago, Hagar said:

Just hope Matthews has the Pirates focused on beating Livingston.  These young men make history with every victory.  One game at a time Pirates.  No other opponent in the State of Texas is significant, only the Lions.

Coach needs to remind the team of the meaning of "trap game"..........and more importantly how to avoid falling into it.

1 hour ago, Tim Riggins said:

Coach needs to remind the team of the meaning of "trap game"..........and more importantly how to avoid falling into it.

I hope he reminded them once or twice about the possibility being a trap just to set it in their mind. Vidor's had the target on their back since week one and it's gotten bigger every week and im pretty sure Livingston is seeing red. 

1 hour ago, PirateNole984 said:

Parade, lights out, fireworks....Vidor Homecoming...NOT another homecoming like a Vidor Homecoming!!

37-12 Vidor

"Kill'em all, let the paramedics sort'em out"

Yep, the few Livingston fans that come are in for a treat.  

On 10/19/2021 at 9:28 PM, Self High 5 said:

I don't think there's any way to watch the game I know it's not on Texan live. If I remember correctly doesn't Livingston have a radio station that broadcast the games or do they still do that anymore?

FM 102.3 the Eagle. You should be able to listen online.