Livingston at Vidor

vhs

I will say this... Tracy Byrds mom was one of my teachers when I was in Kindergarten at Oak Forest, my grandma was a casual drinking acquaintance of George Jones, and I got to swim at Clay Walkers uncle's house as a kid. Even though I'm not a big country music fan, I got some cool memories with these music legends in one way or another.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

specifically the song I was thinking of🤣. Good thang that walker and byrd are "Beaumont Boys"

It's honestly sad they won't claim Vidor. I grew up 30+ years of this town and I'm biracial (filipino/white) and my SIL is black and have twins (neice/nephew) who are both half black and we were never looked at different. But unless you know someone here or seen it for yourself, ppl will rather believe rumors instead of visiting Vidor and recognizing the good of this town first hand.

14 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Ruiz is unfortunely out for the season. 

Hopefully he'll be fully healed by baseball season where he truly a marvel to watch.

I heard he excelled at baseball.  Glad his injury won’t affect him come spring time.

18 hours ago, piratevillain said:

I will say this... Tracy Byrds mom was one of my teachers when I was in Kindergarten at Oak Forest, my grandma was a casual drinking acquaintance of George Jones, and I got to swim at Clay Walkers uncle's house as a kid. Even though I'm not a big country music fan, I got some cool memories with these music legends in one way or another.

I was never a fan of country although I grew up around it. I watched Conway Twitty record his album in a studio in Nashville while I was sitting on his sound mans knee. I was only about 4 years old at the time. I was constantly around him George Jones and Loretta Lynn (Aunt Loretta we called her). My brother was in Clay Walkers band then Conway Twitty died so his manager fired everyone and hired his band. My brother went on to play for Vern Gosdin then Los Lobos. I still never liked country music, i guess from being around it so much. It all sounded the same to me

19 minutes ago, raideroldtimer said:

Well geez Hagar, everyone knows SmashMouth ain't a school teacher of course he has no class.  😆 

Lol, I’ve got it from a reliable source that he was the teachers pet in all his classes.  Had to do something to graduate.  Was President of his 6th grade.   Three years in a row.  😂😂🤣😂😂

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Lol, I’ve got it from a reliable source that he was the teachers pet in all his classes.  Had to do something to graduate.  Was President of his 6th grade.   Three years in a row.  😂😂🤣😂😂

First of all, it was 7th grade, but it was 4 years in a row. I only went through 6th grade twice. I ain’t no dummy. 

25 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

First of all, it was 7th grade, but it was 4 years in a row. I only went through 6th grade twice. I ain’t no dummy. 

Perhaps I confused you with another Ltown grad.  As Willie Nelson sang, The Red-Headed Stranger (from Blue Rock Montana).  I beg your pardon oh exalted one.  😇😇😇 

On 10/16/2021 at 6:35 PM, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Livingston has dealt with a bunch of injuries and have had a nasty penalty bug.

Maybe they're over it. 

That, and the Pirates don't like throwing the ball gives me hope that this will be a Lions win.

The way things look, we could have three 3-2 teams and three 2-3 teams at the end of district. There's not much separating these teams. 

I don't think there's any way to watch the game I know it's not on Texan live. If I remember correctly doesn't Livingston have a radio station that broadcast the games or do they still do that anymore?

9 hours ago, Self High 5 said:

I don't think there's any way to watch the game I know it's not on Texan live. If I remember correctly doesn't Livingston have a radio station that broadcast the games or do they still do that anymore?

If you’re on FB, go to Vidor Pirate Football.  Channel (?) 18 does a livestream.  It’s from sidelines, ground level, but they get some good shots.  Sometimes I watch that but I’ll be going back here often to read BoneyardBoy’s post.  He’s better than radio announcers, imo.