Livingston at Vidor

vhs

17 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

hope Vidor can still be the underdogs this week.👀

Definitely not the underdogs. But I will say that Vidor better not got to sleep on the Lions. They’re better than they appear. They have a knack of shooting themselves in the foot. As much as I love Jeff and his program, it would be awesome for the Raiders if Livingston took care of the Pirates. Still , gotta realistically say Vidor 32 Livingston 20. 

43 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Definitely not the underdogs. But I will say that Vidor better not got to sleep on the Lions. They’re better than they appear. They have a knack of shooting themselves in the foot. As much as I love Jeff and his program, it would be awesome for the Raiders if Livingston took care of the Pirates. Still , gotta realistically say Vidor 32 Livingston 20. 

This easily could be a trap game for Vidor and it has all the ingredients for one. Coming off a huge win against LCM, homecoming this week, and all the festivities. Livingston is still a good ball club, but I think Mathews can keep his team level headed and focused this week and will be able to block put the noise and ready for the Lions Friday night!

19 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

This easily could be a trap game for Vidor and it has all the ingredients for one. Coming off a huge win against LCM, homecoming this week, and all the festivities. Livingston is still a good ball club, but I think Mathews can keep his team level headed and focused this week and will be able to block put the noise and ready for the Lions Friday night!

Yep. Agreed. 

6 hours ago, Hagar said:

Campbell doesn’t go past 10 on any classification except 6A, who doesn’t have two divisions.  And there were no losses in the 4A-D1 top ten so probably no chance of recognition.  Pirates have to just keep winning and recognition be durned.  These boys have already exceeded most past Pirate teams.  They’ve had a tad of luck to do so but as you and I know, they’ve got mucho heart (moxie).  Very few past teams would come back from two TD deficits.  Got to be proud of them.  C’mon boys, let’s beat Livingston.

FWIW, Renner, Tepper and Way mentioned Vidor on the 2hr. statewide highlight show. 

Go 10-0 and everyone will notice. Game at a time!  

3 hours ago, piratevillain said:

Especially in the past, I could see this happening.  I hope this bunch of Pirates will make it past all the mental barriers and get the win.  These guys have been special all year, don’t go all mental on us this week.  Buckle up and make it 7-0.  If they can win a DC, they’ll go at least three deep.  Let me repeat that, if they can win the DC, they’ll go at least 3 deep.

8 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

What’s the situation on the Livingston QB anybody know? That will make a big difference in this game if he’s out. He killed us last year with the rollout pass, they couldn’t block our defensive line but the QB would catch the snap and immediately sprint to the sideline before throwing it downfield. Idk why we didn’t send someone upfield on the edges to contain him.

#5 Ta (tay) McNeal will take over as QB. He’s a junior and has been playing a little bit of everywhere and has taken over for Ruiz a few times earlier in the season as well. In my unprofessional opinion he’s just as athletic as Ruiz. I’m not sure how good his arm is, but speed and elusiveness he’s not far behind if at all. I also can’t speak for how well he knows the offense or if he can make the right reads, but athleticism wise he’s got it. And Ruiz should be just fine for baseball season. I think collarbones are usually 2-3 months for a full recovery. He’s currently committed to Houston Baptist so I’m sure he’s excited and looking forward to getting back on the diamond. 

54 minutes ago, BattlinBear02 said:

Something else...I hope Livingston can tackle...between vidors qb and all the backs, they are shifty and slippery....#7 in particular...if I wouldn't have had a son playing, I would have went to the house after he ran that 1st 2 pt conversion in 🤦

Juked so many guys if they all would have went to the house Vidor would have won in a forfeit.

1 hour ago, LionBacker99 said:

#5 Ta (tay) McNeal will take over as QB. He’s a junior and has been playing a little bit of everywhere and has taken over for Ruiz a few times earlier in the season as well. In my unprofessional opinion he’s just as athletic as Ruiz. I’m not sure how good his arm is, but speed and elusiveness he’s not far behind if at all. I also can’t speak for how well he knows the offense or if he can make the right reads, but athleticism wise he’s got it. And Ruiz should be just fine for baseball season. I think collarbones are usually 2-3 months for a full recovery. He’s currently committed to Houston Baptist so I’m sure he’s excited and looking forward to getting back on the diamond. 

They need to worry about baseball season you don’t want to mess that up. Can he throw the football cause that would be a big negative as opposed to the starting quarterback. Does he have receivers to throw to that can catch because that would be a problem if they have stone hands like LCM.

11 hours ago, BattlinBear02 said:

Something else...I hope Livingston can tackle...between vidors qb and all the backs, they are shifty and slippery....#7 in particular...if I wouldn't have had a son playing, I would have went to the house after he ran that 1st 2 pt conversion in 🤦

He broke so many ankles on that one play.😂

11 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Juked so many guys if they all would have went to the house Vidor would have won in a forfeit.

Holy Moly, I wish there was a video of that play.  Seen it mentioned so many times.  That Sepulvado is listed in MaxPreps at 5’6” & 130 lbs.  I figure 25 pounds of it is heart.  He’s so slippery the D has a hard time getting a clean shot on him.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Holy Moly, I wish there was a video of that play.  Seen it mentioned so many times.  That Sepulvado is listed in MaxPreps at 5’6” & 130 lbs.  I figure 25 pounds of it is heart.  He’s so slippery the D has a hard time getting a clean shot on him.

I got a video of it that someone sent me! lol... I've probably watched it 50x since Saturday morning.😂 

I don't think it'll allow me to post on this thread but I can try and DM it to you?

15 hours ago, piratevillain said:

This team has the mental focus where the game or moment isn't too big for them, and they've showed it time and time again in every game. I personally don't think the Pirates will overlook the Lions considering it's homecoming. It's gonna be a loud hostile environment in Pirate Stadium! I can't wait.

The Vidor fans are going to show up and show out for this Homecoming. It’s always packed every year but this one is going to be extra with an undefeated team. I was pleasantly surprised to see the huge following at the LCM game. The Pirates are building support from the community, if they keep it up it’s going to be a crazy finish to the season. I might even have to travel to HH next week if we get this one.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

It was the play of the week on the local football highlight show, I’m sure you can find it on YouTube.

10 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

The Vidor fans are going to show up and show out for this Homecoming. It’s always packed every year but this one is going to be extra with an undefeated team. I was pleasantly surprised to see the huge following at the LCM game. The Pirates are building support from the community, if they keep it up it’s going to be a crazy finish to the season. I might even have to travel to HH next week if we get this one.

I knew it was gonna be packed at the LCM game, but I was surprised at how loud and into the game they were all night and almost every play. But homecoming and and undefeated Pirate team this Friday, it's gonna be an amazing atmosphere for sure.