LCM at Lumberton

BattlinBear02

1 hour ago, BattlinBear02 said:

vidor secondary did look good...LCM receivers dropping balls made them look even better smh

A good pass rush is what helps our secondary out, sometimes those scrambling QBs can give the DBs problems when they extend the play. Last year we had very small, short corners, good players but the jump ball gave them problems. This season we have more size on the outside and I like that. LCM only had a few bad drops but man were they in crucial moments. The one over the middle in the first half could have gone to the house, QB hit him right in stride.

18 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

A good pass rush is what helps our secondary out, sometimes those scrambling QBs can give the DBs problems when they extend the play. Last year we had very small, short corners, good players but the jump ball gave them problems. This season we have more size on the outside and I like that. LCM only had a few bad drops but man were they in crucial moments. The one over the middle in the first half could have gone to the house, QB hit him right in stride.

i knew that was gonna hurt us....bc we could not stop vidors offense...

I think these two teams mirror each other quite a bit.  Give LCM the edge on running and Ltown a slight edge on D.  If the difference is over 7, unless there’s some serious turnovers, I’ll be surprised.  Biggest concern is Ltown’s inconsistency.  I can’t explain the EC loss.  EC is good but not that good.  Surely they’ll be up for this one.

13 minutes ago, BattlinBear02 said:

i knew that was gonna hurt us....bc we could not stop vidors offense...

Yep 3 yard runs up the middle don’t look like much but if you give Vidor that then they are going to take it all night long. They have no problem going for it on 4th and short, so you have to defend them for 4 downs. You can tell pretty early on when a team is in trouble, if they get 5+ yards on first down you’re in for a long night.

To get back on topic, don’t want to take over y’all’s game thread. I want to watch Lumberton play, all I have seen is highlights on the news but they look pretty explosive with the passing game. Looks like they have a couple of athletic receivers and a QB that can sling it but I’d like to have a good look at their offensive and defensive lines to make a better judgment on them. I think LCM can be explosive too and they look to have good enough line play to possibly give Ltown problems in the trenches. I look for a shootout here, I’m talking 40+ points for each team. With two passing teams the clock will be stopped a lot, both teams will get plenty of possessions. If I were to set the over/under at 80 points, what would you take?

24 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I think these two teams mirror each other quite a bit.  Give LCM the edge on running and Ltown a slight edge on D.  If the difference is over 7, unless there’s some serious turnovers, I’ll be surprised.  Biggest concern is Ltown’s inconsistency.  I can’t explain the EC loss.  EC is good but not that good.  Surely they’ll be up for this one.

They were in the midst of LOTS of key injuries. Some of them have returned. 

14 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

To get back on topic, don’t want to take over y’all’s game thread. I want to watch Lumberton play, all I have seen is highlights on the news but they look pretty explosive with the passing game. Looks like they have a couple of athletic receivers and a QB that can sling it but I’d like to have a good look at their offensive and defensive lines to make a better judgment on them. I think LCM can be explosive too and they look to have good enough line play to possibly give Ltown problems in the trenches. I look for a shootout here, I’m talking 40+ points for each team. With two passing teams the clock will be stopped a lot, both teams will get plenty of possessions. If I were to set the over/under at 80 points, what would you take?

Under for sure. 

33 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

i would really rather our defense not allow 40 pts! lol

23 minutes ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

Same here! Our D hasn’t allowed more than 28 points this season so far 

At times our D has looked good (excluding the vidor game lol), but we are allowing too many pts. WOS put up 39 on us, Huffman 31, Vidor 29. Im hoping we have a good week in practice and show up prepared friday night!

2 minutes ago, raideroldtimer said:

Maybe if Lumberton takes this game whoever is keeping up with the scores and standings on here will actually put us in 2nd place instead of 3rd behind 1 and 1 LCM. That algorithm needs to exclude non-district games now. 

Well they also have 0-2 Huffman ahead of 1-1 Livingston