Orangefield Bobcats vs Bridge City Cardinals '' Bayou Bowl''

Stangfan#1

20 hours ago, GUNHO said:

I remember when BC moved down they had their way in this district.They were the team to beat.That came to a sudden halt when Silsbee/WOS moved down.Any body know how many times they've made the playoffs sense then?

You are mistaken.  We were decent in 4A D1 for a year or two in '15/16..  WOS was already down in D2.  Silsbee moved down for '18, and then we followed them down in '20.   That's my point. We were undefeated district champs in '16 (D1) over Silsbee, LCM, Huffman, Navasota, and Cleveland.  We also bombed HF that year in non district.  We dropped down to D2 last year and missed the playoffs.... the odds say that our 1-point win over HJ will be our only District win this year.... unless we sneak one in on OF or maybe Liberty.... which I'm not betting on.  

We made the playoffs once since.... 2019 we had a first round exit.  Otherwise we missed in 17 & 18 (D1) and 20 (D2)....

1 minute ago, pine curtain said:

Didn't they stop playing this game due to a big fight on the field?

No.... OF wouldn't schedule us because they were tired of getting thumped.  The fight was an excuse.  It really wasn't much of a fight and resulted in our QB getting ejected.  We were winning the game up until that point... So you basically have a team that was losing, started a fight in which our qb got tossed, ended up winning the game because our qb wasn't playing, then said that they wouldn't play us anymore because of a fight that they started.  

31 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

You are mistaken.  We were decent in 4A D1 for a year or two in '15/16..  WOS was already down in D2.  Silsbee moved down for '18, and then we followed them down in '20.   That's my point. We were undefeated district champs in '16 (D1) over Silsbee, LCM, Huffman, Navasota, and Cleveland.  We also bombed HF that year in non district.  We dropped down to D2 last year and missed the playoffs.... the odds say that our 1-point win over HJ will be our only District win this year.... unless we sneak one in on OF or maybe Liberty.... which I'm not betting on.  

We made the playoffs once since.... 2019 we had a first round exit.  Otherwise we missed in 17 & 18 (D1) and 20 (D2)....

Boy am I screwed up.Seems like BC has been 4A forever.Thanks for clearing that up.

Lived in both communities and know people from both, but always found it curious why people hate BC, but OF gets a break.  The two communities are tied together through and through, sharing boundaries off 1442, 408, 62.  I wish both teams the best and sometimes you are up and other times down.  BC will rebound (too many people moving in), and OF will continue to grow.  I like what Coach Smalley is building at OF.

29 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

No.... OF wouldn't schedule us because they were tired of getting thumped.  The fight was an excuse.  It really wasn't much of a fight and resulted in our QB getting ejected.  We were winning the game up until that point... So you basically have a team that was losing, started a fight in which our qb got tossed, ended up winning the game because our qb wasn't playing, then said that they wouldn't play us anymore because of a fight that they started.  

That video sure does not make BC look very good. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

lol that’s not exactly how it went down. Before the next season Smalley and Stump had agreed to play the first week of the season. Smalley had BC down week 1 then when he was finalizing the schedule for the year, called Stump but he had scheduled someone else week 1. That left Smalley scrambling for a week one opponent. 

3 hours ago, Chester86 said:

Lived in both communities and know people from both, but always found it curious why people hate BC, but OF gets a break.  The two communities are tied together through and through, sharing boundaries off 1442, 408, 62.  I wish both teams the best and sometimes you are up and other times down.  BC will rebound (too many people moving in), and OF will continue to grow.  I like what Coach Smalley is building at OF.

BC is equivalent to PNG, OF is equivalent to Nederland. If you know, you know. BC sucks. WHO BELIEVE?!!

2 hours ago, Cat22 said:

lol that’s not exactly how it went down. Before the next season Smalley and Stump had agreed to play the first week of the season. Smalley had BC down week 1 then when he was finalizing the schedule for the year, called Stump but he had scheduled someone else week 1. That left Smalley scrambling for a week one opponent. 

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good narrative!

3 hours ago, Chester86 said:

Because Orangefield people are at the right hand of God, while BC people are insufferable jackholes.  

I kid my BC friends but let hate week continue!

3 hours ago, Cat22 said:

edit