Miss Him Yet?

Reagan

• Reagan changed the title to Miss Him Yet?
32 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Biden is so incompetent, it almost makes me miss Obama.  

It’s terrible.  Neither he, nor his administration, have a clue.  83M people must be proud.  Or, they are as braindead as he is.  He has absolutely done one thing worthwhile for our country since he stepped foot in the Oval Office.  That follows suit with all his years in Congress.

I expected bad.  Sure we all did.  But…..but……this is to heck and gone pass bad.   Real bad.  So bad.  To bad.  I’d go so far as to say, bad would be good compared to what these loons are doing.  Yes indeed, Let’s Go Brandon, and Let’s Go to all his handlers.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

It's a shame that Trump's behavior led us into the current situation. 

I will respectfully and strongly disagree!  If Trump was so bad, why did the other side start early by making false claims that they could use to try and impeach him?  They are still trying to get him.  If he’s not a threat, why is the other side worried about him?  

The dims can’t do a better job than Trump, or even improve on it in any way, shape, or form. Therefore, they had to almost destroy the economy, people’s livelihoods, border protection, supply chains, make life do unbearable with this vaccine mandate, then will take all the credit when things get turned around. That’s been the plan all along. Tear away everything that’s in place, then brag about how you fixed it. 

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

I will respectfully and strongly disagree!  If Trump was so bad, why did the other side start early by making false claims that they could use to try and impeach him?  They are still trying to get him.  If he’s not a threat, why is the other side worried about him?  

It's not about the Democrats... it's about his behavior that was so off-putting to the people in the middle.  The moderates who decided that anything was better than four more years of buffoonery.  And to be honest, I'll bet that most of them are still just fine with their decision.  

That small voice in your head that went "hey, that wasn't nice, but I still think he's best president we've ever had" went more like "I really can't stand this guy" in the heads of people who weren't already endeared to him. 

If Trump runs in 2024 the Dems win again.  You read it here first. 

2 hours ago, tvc184 said:

It’s a shame that people made a choice based on tweets about the opposition.

I watched The George Lopez late night talk show on its very first episode on TNT.  He came out for his monologue and most of it was about how stupid George W. Bush and his supporters were.  I remember thinking... "how does it make sense to outright alienate half of your potential viewers on Day One?  Don't you want your show to be a success?"  I had the same feeling every time that Trump did something that would alienate any decent person who wasn't already a fan of his.  It's a recipe for disaster... and that's what we got. 

It's not tweets about the opposition... it's tweets about the 50% of people who weren't enamored with him, and it encouraged them to go out and vote against him.  

I think Trump lost the election on the night of the first debate in 2020.  It wasn't just tweeting, it was a bratty 2 year old making sure that everybody knew that he was throwing a fit.  He wasn't Presidential at all... he seemed like a toddler wailing on the floor at the mall in front of the Great American Cookie Company because mommy wouldn't get him a double-doozy.  And the undecideds rightfully decided at that point that ANYTHING was better than four more years of of Trump's garbage.

I guess most of y'all have never run off a decent looking woman because you got tired of the way she acted.  Y'all are still saying "but she was so PRETTY!"

3 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I watched The George Lopez late night talk show on its very first episode on TNT.  He came out for his monologue and most of it was about how stupid George W. Bush and his supporters were.  I remember thinking... "how does it make sense to outright alienate half of your potential viewers on Day One?  Don't you want your show to be a success?"  I had the same feeling every time that Trump did something that would alienate any decent person who wasn't already a fan of his.  It's a recipe for disaster... and that's what we got. 

It's not tweets about the opposition... it's tweets about the 50% of people who weren't enamored with him, and it encouraged them to go out and vote against him.  

That would be why you voted for him twice. You know, if people keep regurgitating the same old garbage, it’s probably because people ain’t buying it. 

39 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

So what do you think about Biden when he says you’re not black unless you vote for him?

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

It's not about the Democrats... it's about his behavior that was so off-putting to the people in the middle.  The moderates who decided that anything was better than four more years of buffoonery.  And to be honest, I'll bet that most of them are still just fine with their decision.  

That small voice in your head that went "hey, that wasn't nice, but I still think he's best president we've ever had" went more like "I really can't stand this guy" in the heads of people who weren't already endeared to him. 

If Trump runs in 2024 the Dems win again.  You read it here first. 

that's a major issue for people on the far edges of politics in both directions: they can't understand how anybody could possibly believe anything so different as them as to vote for another party, and considers anyone who does an idiot.  this absolute refusal to believe that there's a large chunk of our country who is willing to vote either party based on their perception of the candidates is mind-boggling.  a big portion of our population doesn't identify with either party, or has strong beliefs both directions. i don't understand why there's such disbelief that a substantial amount of people in our country chose to vote against a competent president because he's a jerk and they don't like him, or how they perceive he makes our country look.  I'm also not sure how there's an inability to understand that millions of apathetic democratic voters who wouldn't have bothered to get out and vote for biden absolutely showed up and voted against trump.  The thing is, regardless of how insignificant trump apologists pretend the effect his behavior had on the election, he lost several key battleground states by mere thousands of votes.  to put things in perspective, it took only approximately 2 voters per 1000 in georgia and arizona to change their vote to biden from trump because they couldn't stand Trump to swing the election in Biden's favor.  the same holds true for apathetic voters.  looking at states where the division is close to 50/50 between red/blue, if less than 1/4 of 1% of all votes cast were from people who got out to vote against trump who wouldn't have otherwise voted, that was more than enough to turn the election from red to blue in both Georgia and Arizona.  the ratio was closer to 5 in 1000 in wisconsin, and slightly higher, but still very small in other swing states.  it's time to quit pretending that his behavior didn't cost him the election, or we're likely looking at history to repeat itself, no matter how bad biden  is.  

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

that's a major issue for people on the far edges of politics in both directions: they can't understand how anybody could possibly believe anything so different as them as to vote for another party, and considers anyone who does an idiot.  this absolute refusal to believe that there's a large chunk of our country who is willing to vote either party based on their perception of the candidates is mind-boggling.  a big portion of our population doesn't identify with either party, or has strong beliefs both directions. i don't understand why there's such disbelief that a substantial amount of people in our country chose to vote against a competent president because he's a jerk and they don't like him, or how they perceive he makes our country look.  I'm also not sure how there's an inability to understand that millions of apathetic democratic voters who wouldn't have bothered to get out and vote for biden absolutely showed up and voted against trump.  The thing is, regardless of how insignificant trump apologists pretend the effect his behavior had on the election, he lost several key battleground states by mere thousands of votes.  to put things in perspective, it took only approximately 2 voters per 1000 in georgia and arizona to change their vote to biden from trump because they couldn't stand Trump to swing the election in Biden's favor.  the same holds true for apathetic voters.  looking at states where the division is close to 50/50 between red/blue, if less than 1/4 of 1% of all votes cast were from people who got out to vote against trump who wouldn't have otherwise voted, that was more than enough to turn the election from red to blue in both Georgia and Arizona.  the ratio was closer to 5 in 1000 in wisconsin, and slightly higher, but still very small in other swing states.  it's time to quit pretending that his behavior didn't cost him the election, or we're likely looking at history to repeat itself, no matter how bad biden  is.  

I think it's time to quit pretending we don't have a country that is full of folks that are so weak and sensitive that they will choose the disaster we have now over what we had under Trump.

Stop pretending our problems lie in the candidate, they don't, our big problem is with the voters...and it ain't getting better.

Personally, I wouldn't want a candidate that the biden voters approve of.

We're done, may take a while, but we're done.

Jiminy Crickets we’re going to get post after post telling us that we are stupid.  This stuff has been hashed and rehashed over and over…..Biden “won” and is the “president”.  That does not mean we have to like it.  That does not mean we have to fall in line with the Democratic gestapo regime.  If I type a long response surely I’ll change people’s minds.  It is simple - how is our country going under this president?  How are those $3 a gallon full-ups hitting you?  How is the 3.5 TRILLION infrastructure plan going to help when less than 20% goes toward infrastructure?  How are those Americans and supporters doing behind enemy lines?  How is that equipment that we left behind for an opposing military force (that’s already struck on our soil)?  I’m not even touching on the oil pipeline shut downs, the vaccine mandates, the mask mandates, and on and on.  Jen Psaki makes me want to claw my eyes out and put a hot poker in my ear.  The border response has been failed fiasco after failed fiasco.  The upcoming recession is going to be a doozy.  The sad thing is that not ONE item mentioned above is a surprise.  You knew exactly what you were getting if you voted for this regime, so you are getting what was promised.  The America Second platform is exactly as ordered.  Never owned a Trump flag, but I’m a simple man.  Argue all you want, this IS NOT GOOD for America.  Maybe we can de-annex Austin and create a safe space for normal people.

Let's see: 95% to 99% non-stop negative coverage. Omission of coverage on positive things...even spun to make them negative. False accusations and flat out lies bombarding the airwaves 24/7. Nobody can survive that type of character assassination...not even the Pope. Trump deserves some credit for some negative coverage, but if he would have had fair and honest press coverage then he would have won in a land slide. But let's put all of the blame on one man's actions instead of the obvious "collusion" perpetrated by the media. "Obvious" is not nearly a strong enough word.

I can predict it now. The next GOP presidential candidate will be label by the media as: racist, homophobic, a threat to LBGT (whatever the other letters are), a threat to all "minorities" (including women), misogynistic, a firm supporter of White supremacy, a bully, zenophobic, etc. This will be true despite the race or gender of the candidate. Anyone want to take this bet? This is the Democrat playbook, executed to the hilt against Trump. And it worked. We actually have intelligent people right here on this very board that fell for the character assassination. The Dems will continue this strategy. So again, would anyone like to bet on whether these accusations will be levied? (This bet coming from someone that doesn't gamble.)

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I guess most of y'all have never run off a decent looking woman because you got tired of the way she acted.  Y'all are still saying "but she was so PRETTY!"

It depends on how she acted vs. the results she gave me. Just like Bill Withers said, “I said brother, if you only knew, you’d wish that you were in my shoes.”