Texas and trans athletes

5GallonBucket

32 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

This is the hidden content, please
k

i just love the words they choose to use “targeting”

good for texas

From the article:  "House Bill 25 would require that public school athletic teams must be based on students' genders on their birth certificates at or near the time of birth.

"The Texas House just voted to discriminate against trans kids and exclude them from playing sports as their authentic selves," the American Civil Liberties Union of Texas tweeted..."

Authentic selves?  Wouldn't this be what the are when they were born?!  

23 minutes ago, Reagan said:

From the article:  "House Bill 25 would require that public school athletic teams must be based on students' genders on their birth certificates at or near the time of birth.

"The Texas House just voted to discriminate against trans kids and exclude them from playing sports as their authentic selves," the American Civil Liberties Union of Texas tweeted..."

Authentic selves?  Wouldn't this be what the are when they were born?!  

Of course it is, but you can never tell what a liberal will come up with. 

I’m all for people being who they want to be.  As long as they’re old enough to make the decision, and as long as their decision doesn’t intrude on the rights of someone else.  A man deciding to become a woman and then destroying biological women in sports competitions isn’t fair to women.  I’m glad Texas is taking a stand against this.  

• 4 months later...

This is the hidden content, please

from the article 

For A, the mother of a young transgender daughter in Houston, denying her child hormone therapy "is not an option."

Few people know that A's daughter is transgender, A said, but that could change once her child goes through puberty - something that could happen in a matter of months. Her child's doctors have recommended her daughter start taking puberty blockers at the first onset of such hormonal changes. But on Friday, Houston-based Texas Children's Hospital, the largest pediatric hospital in the country, announced it would stop prescribing gender-affirming hormone therapies.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

cause he/she s not trans he/she is who her body says she…..your “feelings” doesn’t make up your biological status…..I said in an earlier thread common sense and simple wisdom is lacking.

There's men's sports and there's women's sports.  Why can't these confused individuals have their own division or category?  Why do they have to try to take over women's sports and why are there no confused woman trying to get involved in men's sports?  It's because they know that they can't compete.  These are just a bunch of losers that can't make it in the men's world so they move to women's sports to make themselves feel better.  Make a "Confused Division" and leave the rest of the sports world alone.

35 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

There's men's sports and there's women's sports.  Why can't these confused individuals have their own division or category?  Why do they have to try to take over women's sports and why are there no confused woman trying to get involved in men's sports?  It's because they know that they can't compete.  These are just a bunch of losers that can't make it in the men's world so they move to women's sports to make themselves feel better.  Make a "Confused Division" and leave the rest of the sports world alone.

You beat me to it.  I would call it the Freak Show Division!

4 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

There is generally no issue with females moving to male sports. There is usually such a physical difference that there is no unfair advantage, at least after puberty. I coached in Little League in the early 1980s and had a 12 year old girl on my team and if I remember correctly, she made the All Stars. This was 40 years ago folks and nobody cared. That is because she had no unfair advantage. Once the guys’ voices started getting deeper and stubble started growing on their faces, her equality and skills went away.

So women crossing over into men’s sports, even when they can, seems as equal at best. Men crossing into women’s is anything but equal. In practically any professional  or college level sport, the top women probably would not crack the top 500 for men. There is just that huge of a disparity in strength.

I think all you have is a bunch of male losers who cannot compete against their own level of competition so wish to bully a weaker person.

Let’s say a male was number one in the world in a sport such as for example the 400. He had record setting times and is on the USA Olympic team for the next Olympics. He is an overwhelming favorites to win the gold. Is he going to opt out and run as a woman because he has feeling feminine or gay or transgender or whatever?

I think not!! 

So yes, let’s allow them to have their own competition. It can be like the minor leagues in baseball, JV in football, the men’s softball league, the everybody gets a trophy league or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...