Prayers needed for PNG JV player injured during the game tonight!!!

prepballfan

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

How is the young man doing?

From his webpage, yesterday they tested him breathing without oxygen and using room air. I think he did better than expected and was able to breathe on his own however they put him back on oxygen to keep from stressing him. Yesterday he also showed response such as moving his toes on command.

He was doing well enough today that they took him off of oxygen completely and also off of sedation.

1 minute ago, tvc184 said:

From his webpage, yesterday they tested him breathing without oxygen and using room air. I think he did better than expected and was able to breathe on his own however they put him back on oxygen to keep from stressing him. Yesterday he also showed response such as moving his toes on command.

He was doing well enough today that they took him off of oxygen completely and also off of sedation.

🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏 

18 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Great news in answer to our prayers.  We’ll continue prayers for Noah.  God be with you young man.  🙏✝️🙏

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Has anyone heard any updates on this young man?  I haven’t seen anything on fb.

I have been kind of keeping up with it but there are so many comments other than from his relatives that it’s hard to find about his condition. 

After I posted a few days ago, he had a couple of setbacks search as a bacterial lung infection. He was treated at that time and from what I could gather responded well. It took a couple of days for him to start coming out of the induced coma.

What I read yesterday was that he had become conscious but was having expected mental or neurologic issues. I don’t want to use their terminology but it sounds like he was fighting to regain consciousness The family member posted that the doctor said this is what is to be expected and it could last for a few days to weeks or months but if I remember correctly, it is unlikely to be permanent.

From what I gathered, he is on the road to recovery but barring any other setbacks, it will just take a while with an unknown timeframe.  

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update, according to the Port Arthur News, Noah was expected to return home in December but he is doing well enough to return home this coming Sunday or Monday.

He is having surgery Friday to replace the piece of skull that was removed to relieve the swelling pressure after the injury. After that, it looks like he will be home for Thanksgiving. 

3 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Just an update, according to the Port Arthur News, Noah was expected to return home in December but he is doing well enough to return home this coming Sunday or Monday.

He is having surgery Friday to replace the piece of skull that was removed to relieve the swelling pressure after the injury. After that, it looks like he will be home for Thanksgiving. 

Great news.