4A Region 3 2022

aTmfan06

6 hours ago, PirateNole984 said:

Vidor (4AD1) is returning 6, 7 starters.  4 of the returning starters all saw time on the mound. Out of the 4 pitchers, 2 have committed and 1 is weighing options.

Nice. In baseball they don’t split divisions so maybe we will see y’all come playoff time!

Silsbee will be good for sure, and I think O-Field will have another great year too. LCM, Lumberton, BC and Vidor are always good too, I just don't know enough about what they return/lost to make a guess there.

In district 21, HF had some young players last year that could play, I think they only lost 3 senior starters.  Livingston lost a lot of seniors but return Ruiz, and Liberty lost just one senior starter and will return 8.  HJ returns enough to remain a playoff contender, Hill, Breaux and Weldon.  Not sure of their pitching depth after losing an awful lot of senior pitchers. Questions for me in this district are Huffman (first year without long time coach) and Splendora.  Huffman has the talent to win, just wonder how losing a great coach would effect the outcome of their games.

Interesting though for these two districts, I think they are two really good and really strong districts for baseball.  I mean each district has 5 or six teams that could challenge for a district championship this next year.  Really competitive teams.

Orangefield, Silsbee , Vidor ....not in any particular order. Orangefield has a lot coming back and  will be tough to beat. Vidor's pitching will keep them in the game(probably the best rotation in the area) just can they score and play defense??? Silsbee is pretty loaded pitching and hitting 3 returning seniors in Hartman, Youngblood and Sundgren and A loaded Jr class Glaze, Simmons, Wise and Mitchell .....little bias but I'll take Silsbee to win district 😁

1 hour ago, HOTROD309 said:

Orangefield, Silsbee , Vidor ....not in any particular order. Orangefield has a lot coming back and  will be tough to beat. Vidor's pitching will keep them in the game(probably the best rotation in the area) just can they score and play defense??? Silsbee is pretty loaded pitching and hitting 3 returning seniors in Hartman, Youngblood and Sundgren and A loaded Jr class Glaze, Simmons, Wise and Mitchell .....little bias but I'll take Silsbee to win district 😁

You might be right.  Sundren is a great catcher and Glaze is slick as glass in the middle.  How much pitching returns?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...