Vidor 29 Little Cypress Mauriceville 12/Final

AggiesAreWe

46 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

We will see come playoff time if it’s unstoppable. Spreading your players out gives more running lanes and makes the defense defend the whole field. LCM knew what the game plan was. Would it have worked against WOS? Probably not

I think playoff time is when we will most likely throw the football. Honestly, there is no need to throw the football if we are getting 3,4,5 yards a carry like we were last night. 

1 minute ago, piratevillain said:

I think playoff time is when we will most likely throw the football. Honestly, there is no need to throw the football if we are getting 3,4,5 yards a carry like we were last night. 

How can you get a rhythm in the passing ball if you wait all year to the playoffs? Need to throw the ball atleast 10-15 times. LCM was off last night just think if you tried to open it up in a playoff game. That’s a gamble I wouldn’t take 

2 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

How can you get a rhythm in the passing ball if you wait all year to the playoffs? Need to throw the ball atleast 10-15 times. LCM was off last night just think if you tried to open it up in a playoff game. That’s a gamble I wouldn’t take 

I think that's the age old question with alot Vidor fans every year. To me, this is the team to have a passing game! The QB has a great arm and makes great reads and decisions (most of the time) when he does pass the ball.

54 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

We will see come playoff time if it’s unstoppable. Spreading your players out gives more running lanes and makes the defense defend the whole field. LCM knew what the game plan was. Would it have worked against WOS? Probably not

Didn’t say unstoppable, I said almost unstoppable.  WOS could probably stop it.  Carthage could.  A lot of teams, just referring to the fact it’s not as easy to stop as most think.  It’s a killer if you get way behind.  Ordinarily it’s not going to put big numbers up, although it did when Montana was there, but guys like him are few.

14 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Probably not. They are going to run into a team with a rock solid D line this year. That’s all it takes, you need some meat on the front and some linebackers that tackle but idk if this district has that so until then we eat.

13 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

That’s my argument I use when we get big leads we need to play opposite of conventional thinking. Start working on the passing game but we just try to run out the clock and save the pass plays like it’s some big surprise that nobody is going to see coming. I’d show it as much as possible and make defenses have to think about it.

15 hours ago, piratevillain said:

yep. a few of our fans were cheering when we "held" yall to a 3 yd run.  I knew it was too much lol smh chewed us up!

Like I said from the beginning…I’ve watched lcm play (on Texan live) a few times, nothing impressing about them. Yeah the rb and qb run hard-ish but other than that, a few hard hits and deck them. And so much for a DC that came from a school that runs the “T”…you don’t practice against the “T” you get get ready for the next weeks opponent 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

“kill’em all, let the paramedics sort’em out”

1 hour ago, PirateNole984 said:

Like I said from the beginning…I’ve watched lcm play (on Texan live) a few times, nothing impressing about them. Yeah the rb and qb run hard-ish but other than that, a few hard hits and deck them. And so much for a DC that came from a school that runs the “T”…you don’t practice against the “T” you get get ready for the next weeks opponent 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

“kill’em all, let the paramedics sort’em out”

Fair enough, I’m more worried about Vidor taking care of business in the next 2 games. I could see them slipping up but this group of boys has impressed me again and again this season. 

18 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Fair enough, I’m more worried about Vidor taking care of business in the next 2 games. I could see them slipping up but this group of boys has impressed me again and again this season. 

I’ve been impressed by their mental toughness. All year long they’ve heard nothing but doubts and to go out week by week and prove “haters” wrong is tough. I don’t see this team overlooking anyone… Week by week, team by team!

2 hours ago, PirateNole984 said:

I’ve been impressed by their mental toughness. All year long they’ve heard nothing but doubts and to go out week by week and prove “haters” wrong is tough. I don’t see this team overlooking anyone… Week by week, team by team!

I hope, and think you’re right.  These young men have surprised most folks, including me, with that mental toughness (moxie) you referred too.  And they’ve improved so much since the first of the year, on both sides of the ball.  They’ve already ensured a place in VHS Football history.  If they can go 9-0, they should win the first two playoff games & could possibly go even further.  It’s a great time to be a Pirate fan!