Vidor 29 Little Cypress Mauriceville 12/Final

AggiesAreWe

54 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Surprisingly only two that I remember.  He’s PV’s nephew so he can update.  For a NG to get MVP of a District as a Junior is very rare.  I’m surprised many schools aren’t after him.  Maybe because of his height (6’1”)?

Yeah, one of the reasons he told me is because of his height. Contrary what ppl think, he's not getting alot of looks like he should be getting from schools.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Surprisingly only two that I remember.  He’s PV’s nephew so he can update.  For a NG to get MVP of a District as a Junior is very rare.  I’m surprised many schools aren’t after him.  Maybe because of his height (6’1”)?

Most decorated player for Vidor since Quirante was winning awards on offense and defense. I believe Jordan was Newcomer of the Year in 5a his Sophomore year then Defensive MVP in 4a his Junior season. What’s next one of those WIlly Ray’s for Mr Smith? It would be difficult for a nose tackle to pull that off.

5 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Catching up after a wild night, you asked where they brought the big guy in on offense. He was lined up on the right side of an overloaded line, looked to be tight end. We ran it that way of course but I say throw it to the big fella next time lol.

Or put him at Fullback.  I remember watching the Refrigerator (William Perry of the Chicago Bears) running a few times.  He was hard to bring down, lol.  I’d bet Jordan would be a handful.  Vidor’s right side is their “go to” side on short yardage.  Putting him as tight end would guarantee a hole.  😄😄😇😄😄

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

On the other hand, if not for a couple of dropped passes, game may have been closer.  Very impressed with the Bears turnaround.  I think Peevey will make them a contender every year in the future.  I’m excited about our District playoff chances.  Would love to see at least three teams pull off a win in the first round.  A realistic possibility.

the dropped passes definitely hurt us last night. and i agree we may see 3 tms from our district playing in area round

5 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Most decorated player for Vidor since Quirante was winning awards on offense and defense. I believe Jordan was Newcomer of the Year in 5a his Sophomore year then Defensive MVP in 4a his Junior season. What’s next one of those WIlly Ray’s for Mr Smith? It would be difficult for a nose tackle to pull that off.

Certainly no more difficult than getting District MVP.  The downside is teams are double & triple teaming him so much, his stats aren’t that significant.  What is significant is the number of sacks and TFL our two DE are getting, essentially because so many are blocking (and often holding) Jordan.  No doubt he dominates.

39 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Catching up after a wild night, you asked where they brought the big guy in on offense. He was lined up on the right side of an overloaded line, looked to be tight end. We ran it that way of course but I say throw it to the big fella next time lol.

He was getting reps at TE during two-a-days and had some passes  thrown his way during a few practices. But you never know, Mathews may still use that wrinkle one day.👀🤣

7 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

He was getting reps at TE during two-a-days and had some passes  thrown his way during a few practices. But you never know, Mathews may still use that wrinkle one day.👀🤣

I really think y’all could have opened the offense up throwing  the ball. That TE was wide open

3 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I really think y’all could have opened the offense up throwing  the ball. That TE was wide open

I thought so too, right before the ball was snap on sooo many plays the safeties we're cheating in to stop the run and we easily could've gotten behind the secondary. 

12 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

vidor exected perfectly.  LCM really had no answer and shot themselves in the foot far too often

Folks call the Slot T outdated and to hear them talk, easy to stop.  The thing is, you’ve got four people to watch.  Pretty good bet one of them will find an opening.  Combine that with some good blocking and it’s very effective.  If we’d throw in an occasional complete pass, almost unstoppable.

10 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Folks call the Slot T outdated and to hear them talk, easy to stop.  The thing is, you’ve got four people to watch.  Pretty good bet one of them will find an opening.  Combine that with some good blocking and it’s very effective.  If we’d throw in an occasional complete pass, almost unstoppable.

We will see come playoff time if it’s unstoppable. Spreading your players out gives more running lanes and makes the defense defend the whole field. LCM knew what the game plan was. Would it have worked against WOS? Probably not