Vidor 29 Little Cypress Mauriceville 12/Final

AggiesAreWe

1 hour ago, setxathlete14 said:

Vidor played great. Great leadership and heart over there. Vidor won tonight. But LCM just didn't execute.And my logic may be flawed but best ball on best ball Still picking lcm 9x out of 10 against vidor any year.

Interesting logic… last five matchups Vidor has won by an average of 24 points per game…. You probably shouldn’t become a bookie… lol

2021 Vidor 29-12

2020 Vidor 32-7

2018 Vidor 44-7

2012 Vidor 63-42

2011 Vidor 36-14

4 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

One thing I loved last night, in the 4th quarter the DC finally dialed up some bltizes and when he did that QB and their offensive line looked lost on their protection. 

Yeah… I’ll say this… that LCM QB is tough… he took some big shots in the 2nd half and kept popping up

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Contrary to what one other Vidor fan stated on here.

Never said he wasn't tough or doubted it, just looked lost when they dialed up blitzes. He put the team on his back all night trying to do everything in his power to keep his team in the game. Kid played with alot of heart last night! 

Just now, piratevillain said:

Never said he wasn't tough or doubted it, just looked lost when they dialed up blitzes. He put the team on his back all night trying to do everything in his power to keep his team in the game. Kid played with alot of heart last night! 

Wasn't speaking of you.

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Contrary to what one other Vidor fan stated on here.

Not sure what they saw… but one of the sacks he took by 99 in the 3rd quarter would’ve left a lot a guys on the ground waiting for help… I honestly thought it could’ve broke a collar bone or something 99 is a big load to be coming down on someone with that much force… tip my cap to the QB… he hung in there

3 minutes ago, vhs said:

Not sure what they saw… but one of the sacks he took by 99 in the 3rd quarter would’ve left a lot a guys on the ground waiting for help… I honestly thought it could’ve broke a collar bone or something 99 is a big load to be coming down on someone with that much force… tip my cap to the QB… he hung in there

Me and my BIL thought the same thing when #99 sacked him in the 3rd quarter cause that is ALOT of weight and force coming down on you. But that kid popped right back up. Big kudos and tip of the cap to him! LCM will be alright and bounce back from this and I'll be rooting for them along the way.

3 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Congrats to Vidor. This team has suprised me and got better every week. Keep it up and see where the pieces fall come playoff time. Who would you get in the 1st round?

Ool, but liked it.  I’ll be checking out 9-4A-D1 shortly and give you a best guess.

9 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Does 99 for Vidor have any offers have any offers? 

Surprisingly only two that I remember.  He’s PV’s nephew so he can update.  For a NG to get MVP of a District as a Junior is very rare.  I’m surprised many schools aren’t after him.  Maybe because of his height (6’1”)?

2 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Surprisingly only two that I remember.  He’s PV’s nephew so he can update.  For a NG to get MVP of a District as a Junior is very rare.  I’m surprised many schools aren’t after him.  Maybe because of his height (6’1”)?

He’s been on one visit to Tulane (I believe) and he’s receiving a lot of looks.

21 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Congrats to Vidor. This team has suprised me and got better every week. Keep it up and see where the pieces fall come playoff time. Who would you get in the 1st round?

Looks like Kilgore & Lindale will battle for DC, but like our District they have parity with all but Athens (like Splendora here).  Third and fourth will be between Palestine, Mabank, Henderson and Chapel Hill.

22 minutes ago, BattlinBear02 said:

frustrating night for a bear fan. nothing worse than knowing exactly what your opponent is gonna run at you, and just not being able to stop it! they chewed our defense up all night. if not for a few false starts, they wouldnt have punted once. 

On the other hand, if not for a couple of dropped passes, game may have been closer.  Very impressed with the Bears turnaround.  I think Peevey will make them a contender every year in the future.  I’m excited about our District playoff chances.  Would love to see at least three teams pull off a win in the first round.  A realistic possibility.