BRIDGE CITY 14 SILSBEE 19/Final

AggiesAreWe

Just now, CardinalBacker said:

Do you think it might be conditioning?

I really don't know. I havent been to a Silsbee game this year. By watching them in the Vidor and Nederland games, it could be but that was 4-5 weeks ago. Being young has some to do with it, but the play hasn't improved week over week like I would have like to see. 21, 16, 12, and 19pts tonight is very slow scoring vs the non district games where I think the teams were better overall. 

• bullets13 changed the title to BRIDGE CITY 14 SILSBEE 19/Final
3 hours ago, pine curtain said:

I heard there was a fight during this game. Any truth to this rumor?

There were a couple unsportsmanlike penalties early in the game and things got a little chippy for a little bit. Coaches separated the players, nobody was ejected. I believe there was a block in the back called on Silsbee, and then offsetting penalties for both teams. I don’t think there was really anything else after that. 

50 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

The 4th qtr let downs have been very very bad this year. Up 19-0 or up 21 in the 4th, you have to assume your about to run the ball and eat clock. 

Hadn't been able to watch any games, but was told , just not very good up front both sides of the ball, couple lineman playing bothways, couple guys really small, and in the 4th qtr, it can take its toll. But in all fairness , with a team thats  strength is utilizing speed after catching the ball, kinda tough when your playing mud ball, in a monsoon rain storm? Let me ask, how many teams will score 20 pts against WOS this year,  except mayb  when they play Carthage? 

2 hours ago, pine curtain said:

This was told to me by a Silsbee student that was at the game. That being said he could exaggerated what happened so I ASK.

It not uncommon for Silsbee to be involved in these type of situations.

To clear the question:

Questionable Block In the Back Call on play led to a late hit retaliation by BC which in turn led to Another late hit retaliation.

There was some scuffling and helmet grabbing but it was broken up quickly.

Offsetting personal fouls.  Play over.

No other incidents.