11-4A D2 vs 12-4A D2

aTmfan06

These two districts face each other in the Bi District round. Just wanted post the standings for our district and matchups to keep everyone updated.

First week of district results 

Bellville 72 Wharton 0

Brookshire Royal 0 Sealy 26 

La Marque 27 Sweeny 28

1. Bellville 1-0 (6-0)

2. Sealy 1-0 (4-2)

3. Sweeny 1-0 (2-3)

4. La Marque 0-1 (3-2)

5. Brookshire Royal 0-1 (3-3)

6. Wharton 0-1 (0-6)

2nd week matchups 

Sealy at Bellville 

Brookshire Royal at La Marque 

Wharton at Sweeny 

The district championship will be decided this week with Sealy vs Bellville. Sealy has had some injury issues this season which is honestly the only reason why they aren’t 6-0 as well. I thought La Marque had 3rd locked up until they lost to Sweeny last week. If Sealy isn’t healthy then Bellville SHOULD roll them Friday night. But it’s such a huge rivalry that usually rankings are thrown out the window. 

Ok I'll take a shot at it.For what it's worth.

11 4A                         12 4A                      Results

1st WOS                 4th La Marque            WOS

2nd OF                   3rd Sweeny                 OF

3rd HF/Silsbee       2nd Sealy                   Sealy

4th HF/Silsbee       1st Bellville                Bellville

OF and Sealy will have tough 2nd round....Carthage/China Spring.

Update time… Well I’ve remained realistic with my opinion on my Brahmas due to the fact in my opinion we haven’t played the toughest competition this year, but I think it’s safe to say we are for real this year.. Yes Sealy was missing their starting QB vs Bellville Friday night and he is definitely their best offensive weapon, BUT he doesn’t play defense. Sealy has a D1 Linebacker that plays both ways that holds a offer from Air Force. He is impressive. Sealy just had no answer for our offense. Here are our updated district standings. 

1. Bellville 2-0 (7-0)

2. Sweeny 2-0 (3-3)

3. Sealy 1-1 (4-3)

4. La Marque 1-1 (4-2)

5. Brookshire Royal 0-2 (3-4)

6. Wharton 0-2 (0-7)

Barring something crazy Sealy will win out and be the 2nd place team. Sweeny most likely takes 3rd and 4th will be La Marque.

Here is the way I see region 3 shaping up.Still some question marks to sort out.

Top Bracket

W9 China Spring vs F10 Jasper/Center

R12 Sealy vs T11 HF/Silsbee

W10 Carthage  vs F9 Robinson

R11 OF vs T12 Sweeny

Bottom Bracket

W11 WOS vs F12 La Marque

R10 Rusk vs T9 Waco Connally

W12 Bellville vs F11 HF/Silsbee

R9 Salado vs T10 Madisonville

HF/Silsbee play this Friday so that will be cleared up.

Jasper,Center and Madissonville still need to play each other.This could go to the last week before it's settled.

Madisonville will have two losses when they face Jasper.If Jasper loses that would give them two losses.Rusk will have two losses after this week.You could wind up with a three way tie for second.Reason I'm not sold on Jasper is they aren't scoring hardly any points.Have a great defense and that's their strong point that's keeping them in games.My two cents.

8 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Ok so WO-S will match up against La Marque, OF will get Sweeny, and Silsbee will get Sealy(Good one), I'm not sure about the # 4 team that you guys will play, correct me if I got this wrong. I do not like the top 4 teams go to playoffs. Two teams are enough IMO.

I think Sealy vs Silsbee should be good… but Sealy will be damn good if they are healthy 

District 11 is almost set in stone, but an upset next week can shift the positions wildly.

The four playoff teams are set: WOS, HF, Orangefield, Silsbee

WOS is district champion. Silsbee finishes district play at 4-2.

(The first scenario is based on points then head-to-head...I still haven't found the District charter)

Technically each team can finish as Runner-up, Third, or Fourth. The first scenario is by far the most probable.

If HF (4-2) beats Liberty and Orangefield (4-2) beats HJ:

R=HF, T=Orangefield, F=Silsbee

If HF (4-2) beats Liberty and HJ beats Orangefield (3-3):

R=Silsbee, T=HF, F=Orangefield

If Liberty beats HF (3-3) and Orangefield (4-2) beats HJ:

R=Orangefield, T=Silsbee, F=HF

If Liberty beats HF (3-3) and HJ beats Orangefield (3-3):

R=Silsbee, T=HF, F=Orangefield

Bridge City can possibly tie HF and/or Orangefield with 3-3 records, but will lose out on a playoff spot due to head-to-head losses against both.