Texas city stingarees at Crosby cougars

lcm93

2 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Aledo almost lost to Lovejoy it took a 28 point 4th quarter for them to win that game. I think everyone has an escape game or two to make the state finals. Aledo was a much better team than Lovejoy but Lovejoy played an incredible game.Β 

Β 

I think Crosby saw peak BH and managed to get out of it with a win.Β 

My opinion:Β  If BH had a defense they would probably be leading the district!

On 10/13/2021 at 11:03 AM, #COUGAR08 said:

I also didn't think our 2's would put up 24 in the second half against kingwood,Β  when kingwood did decent against yall,Β  but they did.Β 

I think after the Nederland game with TC it painted a bit of a clearer picture for the road ahead (if that makes sense) I would still give my coogs a 24 point advantage.Β 

what your second string does against a bad team with a 1-5 record doesn't really have anything to do with what your first string will do against a 6-0 team.Β  I picked Crosby to win, but I'm expecting a competitive game.Β 

23 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

So Santa Fe’s defense is good too? They held Ned to 7 first half points? The BH game was a fluke, you can see from the rest of the scores on our schedule compared to y’all’s against common opponents. Just like Ned beating Crosby last year in the season finale, it’s one outlier against a pretty consistent body ofΒ work.Β 
Β 

IDK what film you watched but I just watched the cut-ups from the Nederland game and TCΒ does not have a good d-line. Ned didΒ nothing from the rbΒ position when they could’ve killed them with the stretch play, Jones will.Β QB missed or didn’t see wide open receivers and some of the passes he did make were some simple check down type routes when he had receivers in position to make bigger plays.
Β 

The corners are good but they play man coverage so their backs are always turned.Β Some many times that gameΒ if Ned’s QB would’ve made a quicker decision he had 10’s of yards of running room, Myles will get that. TC doesn’t have a coach like Carthage or personnel like Manvel and is playing against a better offense than both of them did so IΒ doubt they’ll hold us to similar numbers as those two. Think what you would be saying about PAM’s defense right now had they not played Crosby, they would only be giving up 8.4ppg in their other contest.
Β 

Β 

y'all should be 3-3, with two of those wins against bad teams (KP and Dayton have a combined record of 3-9, and BH is now 2-4).Β  I get that y'all lost to carthage and manvel, but manvel is down a little thisΒ  year, and carthage was missing about half their starters when y'all played them.Β  I picked Crosby to win this week, but i haven't seen what you've seen that makes me assume they're going to beat the brakes off a 6-0 team.Β Β 

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

y'all should be 3-3, with two of those wins against bad teams (KP and Dayton have a combined record of 3-9, and BH is now 2-4).Β  I get that y'all lost to carthage and manvel, but manvel is down a little thisΒ  year, and carthage was missing about half their starters when y'all played them.Β  I picked Crosby to win this week, but i haven't seen what you've seen that makes me assume they're going to beat the brakes off a 6-0 team.Β Β 

yea maxpreps says the Carthage missing half their starters thing was untrue but whatever floats your boat.

20 hours ago, BHFAN said:

No emotion for me I’m trying to think through this. I don’t think Crosby is as good as last year and I think the competition has went down. Carthage was a great game on paper , but COVID decimated their team and somehow they still snuck by. Manvel always looks good on paper, but they are not the Manvel of the past possibly going to be the 3 seed in their district. The only impressive win by Crosby this year was against PAM. Before all you girlfriends get on here and remind me that you beat BH, congrats we have the worst D in the district. Again Crosby should win this game,Β but I wouldn’t depend on last years fluke to be a main stay for Crosby.Β 

For the record, I quoted someone on page one and made nearly this exact same post BEFORE I read page 2 of this thread and read your comment.

13 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

yea maxpreps says the Carthage missing half their starters thing was untrue but whatever floats your boat.

Ok, missing multiple starters.Β  I also hear the quarterback excuse from y'all about that game, but y'all hadΒ 1 good drive the first three quarters when he was healthy.Β Β 

8 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Ok, missing multiple starters.Β  I also hear the quarterback excuse from y'all about that game, but y'all hadΒ 1 good drive the first three quarters when he was healthy.Β Β 

Weird? I didn't make an excuse seems you need to make them for Carthage. We win that game if coaches make the correct decision to bring the back-up instead of paying him on JV and/or we stop a kick return for a TD. That's execution and decision making mistakes that I'm glad they've so far fixed this season.Β 

Carthage looks very different today than when we played them, we also look very different today than when we played them. We aren't overthrowing receivers by 20 yards nearly as much that's a huge help.Β 

Β 

BH gave us a scare but we scored 20Β straight points to win that one, everyone needs that game to be a sign of reversion I just think we got BH's best shot.Β 

Here we go again with the Carthage rumors. If you don't know just say you don't know. Lol. Watched the film from the CHS game and the game against Center. Defense looked the same in both. Again unless the kids are still out with Covid somebody lying. Looks to me like the starting RB and one OLΒ is all they were missing.Β 

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Well I guess Ned should be 4-2 since the WOS game got called early? We beat KP and Dayton by 85 combined points, let's see if anybody else can do similar numbers against them? Nobody on Manvel's schedule besides Hightower has held them to only 28 offensive points this year, nobody outside of Dickinson has scored 21 or more on them. They would probably beat every other team in this district by 28+ right now.Β Nobody on Carthage's schedule has held them to 20 offensive points and nobody has scored 24 on them besides Crosby. Nobody on PAM's schedule has held them to 20 offensive points and nobody has scored 40+ on them besides Crosby.Β 

TC opponents combined record is 13-23, it was 8-22Β before they played Nederland which is the only team over .500 they've beaten. That's more of an indictment on Ned versusΒ how good TC is. TC hasn't scored over 35 points on anybody not named Santa Fe or KP and is averaging 39ppg in district play so far, Crosby has dropped 40+ their last four outings and is averaging 57ppg through district play so far. IDK what you've seen either, but obviously it isn't Crosby playing.Β 

2 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Here we go again with the Carthage rumors. If you don't know just say you don't know. Lol. Watched the film from the CHS game and the game against Center. Defense looked the same in both. Again unless the kids are still out with Covid somebody lying. Looks to me like the starting RB and one OLΒ is all they were missing.Β 

Crazy what you find out if you actually watch film. Surratt had an interview with the local paper and said the same thing. Now per the people not from Carthage they were missing 11 starters. Lol, after we smoke TC it will be 15 starter were missing from Carthage and the worst Manvel team ever that we got to play.Β 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crazy what you find out if you actually watch film. Surratt had an interview with the local paper and said the same thing. Now per the people not from Carthage they were missing 11 starters. Lol, after we smoke TC it will be 15 starter were missing from Carthage and the worst Manvel team ever that we got to play.Β 

Bro. Facts. Manvel is still a very good team. May be or may not be as good as previous years but they stillΒ got D1 kids all over the field. Still have the size and talent to compete with 6A programs.Β 

One thing im interested in seeing is how our defense looks because Nederland seemed to be sitting in a zone all night versus TC and Crosby tends to play 1-1 on the outside with mixed zone in the middle of field. I'm insterested in how this works.Β 

Β 

TC might very well murder us with the little RB flats stuff they like to do off roll outs tho, be weary of that.Β 

1 hour ago, A BUC 77 said:

Like I said, not to many times.Β  FBM had a pretty good defense.

I know they did, we had to face them the very next week. Point is y’all scored 0 and Crosby scored 37 on them the week after. Meaning that I don’t think TC holding Ned to 0 offensive points last week will have any bearing on how they match up with Crosby like some of the other posters do.Β