Texas city stingarees at Crosby cougars

lcm93

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The way the region is looking this year I think there’s a good chance Crosby is a 1st place district finish and third round win against FB Marshall away from playing for another state championship. This time last year we were still trying to figure out personnel, we’re not this year. If you take all the emotion out of it you would say Crosby looks better this year though six games than they did last year. Larger point differential, defense is giving up 2.5ppg more but offense is scoring 8.3ppg more and for what it’s worth Maxpreps said we’ve done it against a tougher strength of schedule to date. 

Manvel dropped 53 and Montgomery dropped 52 on us the last two games before district play last year but it helped us figure out the defensive adjustments we needed to make moving forward. BH was that high scoring team this year. To answer your question though; I think if Crosby keeps improving this game that they shouldn’t have much trouble dispatching a team like TC. 

No emotion for me I’m trying to think through this. I don’t think Crosby is as good as last year and I think the competition has went down. Carthage was a great game on paper , but COVID decimated their team and somehow they still snuck by. Manvel always looks good on paper, but they are not the Manvel of the past possibly going to be the 3 seed in their district. The only impressive win by Crosby this year was against PAM. Before all you girlfriends get on here and remind me that you beat BH, congrats we have the worst D in the district. Again Crosby should win this game, but I wouldn’t depend on last years fluke to be a main stay for Crosby. 

40 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

No emotion for me I’m trying to think through this. I don’t think Crosby is as good as last year and I think the competition has went down. Carthage was a great game on paper , but COVID decimated their team and somehow they still snuck by. Manvel always looks good on paper, but they are not the Manvel of the past possibly going to be the 3 seed in their district. The only impressive win by Crosby this year was against PAM. Before all you girlfriends get on here and remind me that you beat BH, congrats we have the worst D in the district. Again Crosby should win this game, but I wouldn’t depend on last years fluke to be a main stay for Crosby. 

Nah, not the worst, maybe the most undisciplined.

51 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Why was it a fluke, if Dunn doesn’t hurt his ankle it some of those games wouldn’t have been as close in the playoffs.  They lined up week after week and came out on the winning end.

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

If you talk about the o-line from Carthage then you have to talk about Myles limping around and us having to rotate in a backup, who’s not even the backup now, the entire second half. Still they needed a kick return late to win by a fg. They “snuck” by because they have 8 state championships and know how to win those kind of games. Great game by them, they beat us straight up. They played a cover three defense against Crosby that I had never really seen played on the high school level. Last year in the opener we played 6A George Ranch with a healthy Dunn and Branch and lost by 7.

Manvel beat Crosby by 33 points last year and did have a better team than they do now which exactly why we had a chance to beat them this year. While we’re about to go into the half up 10-7 we roll than snap back and then kick it into the back of our lineman and it bounces right into a Manvel player’s hands and he returns it and we go into the half down 14-7. I have never seen Crosby do that. Manvel’s run game is sick, we held up very well against them all night outside  of one 75 yard run Seymour had. Great night from the defense holding them to 28 points, they just beat Angleton 49-10 last week. Angleton only lost by 2 points to FB Hightower the week before. On the back end we miss three WIDE open td passes that game, and I’ll move on from that. 

Against PAM we give up a td on the opening kick but the defense only gave up 20 that night. Third game last year Montgomery scored 52 on us and they were not as good as the PAM team we lined up against this year, and would probably lose to them by double digits this year. 

Think about it, at this time last year we had 0 impressive wins? You kind of cross-thread your argument when you say Crosby isn’t as good as last year but neither is anybody else🤔 You can say we’re not as good but think about what you would’ve said if I told you we were going to play for a state title at this time last year? Lol, we were “average” all the way until the third round last year. Your reasoning is that you think the 5 great games Crosby played to get to the finals last year were fluke but the BH game this year wasn’t? 

22 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

If you talk about the o-line from Carthage then you have to talk about Myles limping around and us having to rotate in a backup, who’s not even the backup now, the entire second half. Still they needed a kick return late to win by a fg. They “snuck” by because they have 8 state championships and know how to win those kind of games. Great game by them, they beat us straight up. They played a cover three defense against Crosby that I had never really seen played on the high school level. Last year in the opener we played 6A George Ranch with a healthy Dunn and Branch and lost by 7.

Manvel beat Crosby by 33 points last year and did have a better team than they do now which exactly why we had a chance to beat them this year. While we’re about to go into the half up 10-7 we roll than snap back and then kick it into the back of our lineman and it bounces right into a Manvel player’s hands and he returns it and we go into the half down 14-7. I have never seen Crosby do that. Manvel’s run game is sick, we held up very well against them all night outside  of one 75 yard run Seymour had. Great night from the defense holding them to 28 points, they just beat Angleton 49-10 last week. Angleton only lost by 2 points to FB Hightower the week before. On the back end we miss three WIDE open td passes that game, and I’ll move on from that. 

Against PAM we give up a td on the opening kick but the defense only gave up 20 that night. Third game last year Montgomery scored 52 on us and they were not as good as the PAM team we lined up against this year, and would probably lose to them by double digits this year. 

Think about it, at this time last year we had 0 impressive wins? You kind of cross-thread your argument when you say Crosby isn’t as good as last year but neither is anybody else🤔 You can say we’re not as good but think about what you would’ve said if I told you we were going to play for a state title at this time last year? Lol, we were “average” all the way until the third round last year. Your reasoning is that you think the 5 great games Crosby played to get to the finals last year were fluke but the BH game this year wasn’t? 

Oh your right I would have never thought Crosby would be in the state game last year, but 2 OT games and missed opportunity for LH and bam your there. What happened last year was special, but could have just been as easy for not. Crosby didn’t get to the final like Aledo did which is why the Coogs were so outmatched in the final.  As for the BH game the fluke may be that Crosby won the game not that BH made it a game. The past is the past however and Crosby has a test again this week! I do hope Crosby can expose this TC defense for the teams left on their schedule. BH if still in the hunt plays them for the last game of the season.

1 hour ago, CougarCal said:

Why was it a fluke, if Dunn doesn’t hurt his ankle it some of those games wouldn’t have been as close in the playoffs.  They lined up week after week and came out on the winning end.

What I gather is that it was a fluke because we hadn’t won the region in six years? Even though we’re winning by wider margins than last year it’s only because PAM, Dayton, BH and KP aren’t as good as last year. Even though Myles was hobbled he should’ve looked great against Carthage in his first career start. 

I think he thinks we’re worse than last year because Manvel beat the finals team by twice as much, but this year’s Manvel team isn’t as good?(which would make sense why they beat us by less and may finish 3rd) Never mind the fact that we're a td better in point differential against a tougher schedule vs where we were at this time last year. 

It’s always someone was hurt or not feeling good for Crosby is why the result was like it was. Carthage had a 3rd string RB and 2nd string o-line compared to Crosby having a QB cramping the last 3rd of the game. Believe it or not other teams you face maybe are not at full strength either. You can’t always play the “ if Bob didn’t have turf toe that game”. Every team each week has things to overcome and you can’t assume every team you play is 100%. Hell BH didn’t have Holdren or Hagler in the 4th quarter of the PNG game, would we have won?

5 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Oh your right I would have never thought Crosby would be in the state game last year, but 2 OT games and missed opportunity for LH and bam your there. What happened last year was special, but could have just been as easy for not. Crosby didn’t get to the final like Aledo did which is why the Coogs were so outmatched in the final.  As for the BH game the fluke may be that Crosby won the game not that BH made it a game. The past is the past however and Crosby has a test again this week! I do hope Crosby can expose this TC defense for the teams left on their schedule. BH if still in the hunt plays them for the last game of the season.

Listen to what you’re saying though? It was a fluke because Crosby won two OT during that run, that makes us 3-0 in our last three OT games. Sounds more like a pattern to me. Two years in a row we score the most points Huntsville gives up all season, it wasn’t a fluke we were in position for our all-state kicker to close the show. 

Crosby dropped 62 on LH, they needed an onside kick and a late Dunn fumble while we’re trying to go up 3tds to even get to the OT. Aledo had to score 24 points in the 4th quarter of the regional final against Lovejoy to come back and win by 4. They also didn’t have to play 4 of the top 7 teams in the first five rounds to get there, so no they didn’t get there like us. They beat 15-1 FB Marshall worse the first time they played them though. 

Like they say, luck happens when preparation meets opportunity. Guess we’ll see how much of a fluke this year is? 

5 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

It’s always someone was hurt or not feeling good for Crosby is why the result was like it was. Carthage had a 3rd string RB and 2nd string o-line compared to Crosby having a QB cramping the last 3rd of the game. Believe it or not other teams you face maybe are not at full strength either. You can’t always play the “ if Bob didn’t have turf toe that game”. Every team each week has things to overcome and you can’t assume every team you play is 100%. Hell BH didn’t have Holdren or Hagler in the 4th quarter of the PNG game, would we have won?

I didn’t make any excuses for the loss. I said they beat us straight up. YOU brought up “if Carthage this” to help try to make your point Crosby isn’t as good, not me. I just responded in kind. You literally don’t have a single data point to make your argument beside BH played Crosby close which is why I say leave the emotion out. Not a single one. 

Yes BH would’ve still lost with those kids, they weren’t winning WITH them. 

32 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

What happened last year was special, but could have just been as easy for not. Crosby didn’t get to the final like Aledo did which is why the Coogs were so outmatched in the final.  

What happened last year was special......... you should just stop there. That was a ridiculous run!! Doesnt matter how you get to state but just the fact you are in the game and everyone else is watching. 

1 minute ago, aledoalumni said:

What happened last year was special......... you should just stop there. That was a ridiculous run!! Doesnt matter how you get to state but just the fact you are in the game and everyone else is watching. 

I agree.  Every person on this site would gladly take a spot for their team in the State Final.  It was a magical run!!  A dynasty starts one win at a time.  Time shall tell the tale.  

8 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Last year can work two ways. Remember last year when BH scores 7 on y’all and you completely shut us out? This year we drop 600 + yards of offense on ya. Stay in the present this isn’t last years TC they have made good progress this year.TC allowing Ned only a Safety isn’t because Ned sucks it’s because TC defense has a good. They have good corners and a line to deal with the run.I hope Crosby wins by 50, but in reality I think the score will be around 28-14.

Stay in the present,  yall lost to the coogs even with that "600" yards lol

1 hour ago, aledoalumni said:

Absolutely. It is pretty silly to try and discount the Crosby state finals run. 

I’m not discounting their run , just trying to relay that just because you go once doesn’t mean that’s the norm now. Aledo along with some other select programs have made it a habit, but most go to the show and never return. 

peace the mob squad has arrived I’m out

Idk who started the myth that Carthage O line was second string or JV or whatever but unless those kids are still out with Covid they only replaced one lineman since then. Go to Hudl or Maxpreps.com watch the highlights of the Crosby game and their last game. Same OL put that ish to bed. 

7 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Idk who started the myth that Carthage O line was second string or JV or whatever but unless those kids are still out with Covid they only replaced one lineman since then. Go to Hudl or Maxpreps.com watch the highlights of the Crosby game and their last game. Same OL put that ish to bed. 

It was a Carthage fan that started that myth and another Carthage poster corrected them later and stated it was only one offensive lineman. Some people are like the media and only report part of the story. 

11 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Aledo almost lost to Lovejoy it took a 28 point 4th quarter for them to win that game. I think everyone has an escape game or two to make the state finals. Aledo was a much better team than Lovejoy but Lovejoy played an incredible game. 

I think Crosby saw peak BH and managed to get out of it with a win.