Texas city stingarees at Crosby cougars

lcm93

Cougars and TC trade some TD’s in this one but if Nederland just showed the blueprint to stopping TC the. The Crosby offense is going to be light years better than anything TC has seen this year.

crosby has shown some weakness versus the run against Manvel and BH this has to be fixed to beat TC. 

Watched the Nederland game. TC got all the mustard on the defensive side. Usually not a good sign when the QB and RB are bigger than the OL. But that defense looks for real. Nederland has a big OL but they got manhandled by TC and there corners can cover. Crosby will need to go in their bag offensively. I think our defense will be the deciding factor in this one creating turnovers and giving our offense the short field

18 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Watched the Nederland game. TC got all the mustard on the defensive side. Usually not a good sign when the QB and RB are bigger than the OL. But that defense looks for real. Nederland has a big OL but they got manhandled by TC and there corners can cover. Crosby will need to go in their bag offensively. I think our defense will be the deciding factor in this one creating turnovers and giving our offense the short field

Coogs by 10. 

It’s time for the cream to start rising to the top of the coffee. We can be overly humble and talk about how every team needs to be respected, blah blah blah. If we’re being straight up though, a team with aspirations to get back to Arlington should dispatch this TC team with relative ease. 

Crosby has played better the first six games of the season this year than we did last year. Lot of talk about the 2pt try in the BH game but no mention that that’s probably a game we lose regardless had it been played a few weeks earlier. We’re manufacturing a bunch of points without huge offensive statistics, that’s a key performance indicator of a dangerous team. 

Crosby doesn’t have a bunch of usable depth yet this year but I think we played about eight sophomores in the second half at some point last Friday. From an int, to some great tackles, to a few pancake blocks, to both rushing and passing tds, I would say they all produced in their given reps. At some point we’re going to have to be able to give Kirkwood and Womack legitimate breaks. Crosby playing well enough against TC so that the youngsters can come in and show that, would benefit the Cougars a lot moving forward. 

Defensively we probably need to figure out what to do when Casey gets a bunch of attention and we can’t get pressure with 3 or 4? Feels like we give up too many passing yards when we can’t get to the QB consistently. This game will be a good test for the run defense though. It’s the point in the season where Crosby needs to start ending dreams. 

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

My 2 cents. Crosby will not be scoring 49 points on this defense or should i say it would be Highly improbable.  I think Crosby will win by 14, but this should be a great game. 

I also didn't think our 2's would put up 24 in the second half against kingwood,  when kingwood did decent against yall,  but they did. 

I think after the Nederland game with TC it painted a bit of a clearer picture for the road ahead (if that makes sense) I would still give my coogs a 24 point advantage. 

This will be a closer game than most people think.   If TC's defense played like they did against Ned it will be tough for the Cougars to move the ball.  I know Crosby and Nederland are 2 different offences but TC's defense is strong against the run and pass.  TC by a nose.

1 hour ago, #COUGAR08 said:

I also didn't think our 2's would put up 24 in the second half against kingwood,  when kingwood did decent against yall,  but they did. 

I think after the Nederland game with TC it painted a bit of a clearer picture for the road ahead (if that makes sense) I would still give my coogs a 24 point advantage. 

Lol, you remember they said the same thing last year about Texas High? Came in 11-0 and only giving up 13ppg, then Crosby dropped 62 on them. Those defensive numbers have a lot to do with the offenses you play. 

Last year we went to TC and were up 41-0 at halftime and played subs the rest of the game which made the 41-6 score look closer than the game actually was, and that was with a team averaging 38ppg through their first three district games. This year’s team is averaging 58ppg over that same stretch. 

21 minutes ago, A BUC 77 said:

This will be a closer game than most people think.   If TC's defense played like they did against Ned it will be tough for the Cougars to move the ball.  I know Crosby and Nederland are 2 different offences but TC's defense is strong against the run and pass.  TC by a nose.

Nederland had only scored 17 points on Santa Fe after three quarters, only had 7 at the half. Dayton and South Houston beat Santa Fe worse than y’all did. I wouldn’t really use their offense as a measuring stick for TC’s defense. Watching that game Josh Maczyk could’ve beaten TC by himself. Ned and Crosby’s offensive personnel are night and day. 

15 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lol, you remember they said the same thing last year about Texas High? Came in 11-0 and only giving up 13ppg, then Crosby dropped 62 on them.

Last year we went to TC and were up 41-0 at halftime and played subs the rest of the game which made the 41-6 score look closer than the game actually was, and that was with a team averaging 38ppg through their first three district games. This year’s team is averaging 58ppg over that same stretch. 

Last year can work two ways. Remember last year when BH scores 7 on y’all and you completely shut us out? This year we drop 600 + yards of offense on ya. Stay in the present this isn’t last years TC they have made good progress this year.TC allowing Ned only a Safety isn’t because Ned sucks it’s because TC defense has a good. They have good corners and a line to deal with the run.I hope Crosby wins by 50, but in reality I think the score will be around 28-14.

32 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Last year can work two ways. Remember last year when BH scores 7 on y’all and you completely shut us out? This year we drop 600 + yards of offense on ya. Stay in the present this isn’t last years TC they have made good progress this year.TC allowing Ned only a Safety isn’t because Ned sucks it’s because TC defense has a good. They have good corners and a line to deal with the run.I hope Crosby wins by 50, but in reality I think the score will be around 28-14.

Same result for the Hill. 

49 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

So Santa Fe’s defense is good too? They held Ned to 7 first half points? The BH game was a fluke, you can see from the rest of the scores on our schedule compared to y’all’s against common opponents. Just like Ned beating Crosby last year in the season finale, it’s one outlier against a pretty consistent body of work. 

IDK what film you watched but I just watched the cut-ups from the Nederland game and TC does not have a good d-line. Ned did nothing from the rb position when they could’ve killed them with the stretch play, Jones will. QB missed or didn’t see wide open receivers and some of the passes he did make were some simple check down type routes when he had receivers in position to make bigger plays.

The corners are good but they play man coverage so their backs are always turned. Some many times that game if Ned’s QB would’ve made a quicker decision he had 10’s of yards of running room, Myles will get that. TC doesn’t have a coach like Carthage or personnel like Manvel and is playing against a better offense than both of them did so I doubt they’ll hold us to similar numbers as those two. Think what you would be saying about PAM’s defense right now had they not played Crosby, they would only be giving up 8.4ppg in their other contest.

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

So Santa Fe’s defense is good too? They held Ned to 7 first half points? The BH game was a fluke, you can see from the rest of the scores on our schedule compared to y’all’s against common opponents. Just like Ned beating Crosby last year in the season finale, it’s one outlier against a pretty consistent body of work. 

IDK what film you watched but I just watched the cut-ups from the Nederland game and TC does not have a good d-line. Ned did nothing from the rb position when they could’ve killed them with the stretch play, Jones will. QB missed or didn’t see wide open receivers and some of the passes he did make were some simple check down type routes when he had receivers in position to make bigger plays.

The corners are good but they play man coverage so their backs are always turned. Some many times that game if Ned’s QB would’ve made a quicker decision he had 10’s of yards of running room, Myles will get that. TC doesn’t have a coach like Carthage or personnel like Manvel and is playing against a better offense than both of them did so I doubt they’ll hold us to similar numbers as those two. Think what you would be saying about PAM’s defense right now had they not played Crosby, they would only be giving up 8.4ppg in their other contest.

So I’m gathering that you think this will be a complete blowout? TC will not be able to compete?

3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Nederland had only scored 17 points on Santa Fe after three quarters, only had 7 at the half. Dayton and South Houston beat Santa Fe worse than y’all did. I wouldn’t really use their offense as a measuring stick for TC’s defense. Watching that game Josh Maczyk could’ve beaten TC by himself. Ned and Crosby’s offensive personnel are night and day. 

I'll just say this, I can't think of to many times Big Ned has been shut out.  Good or bad they score, and for them to shut out Monty Barrow, that's a dang good defense.

7 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

So I’m gathering that you think this will be a complete blowout? TC will not be able to compete?

The way the region is looking this year I think there’s a good chance Crosby is a 1st place district finish and third round win against FB Marshall away from playing for another state championship. This time last year we were still trying to figure out personnel, we’re not this year. If you take all the emotion out of it you would say Crosby looks better this year though six games than they did last year. Larger point differential, defense is giving up 2.5ppg more but offense is scoring 8.3ppg more and for what it’s worth Maxpreps said we’ve done it against a tougher strength of schedule to date. 

Manvel dropped 53 and Montgomery dropped 52 on us the last two games before district play last year but it helped us figure out the defensive adjustments we needed to make moving forward. BH was that high scoring team this year. To answer your question though; I think if Crosby keeps improving this game that they shouldn’t have much trouble dispatching a team like TC. 

32 minutes ago, A BUC 77 said:

I'll just say this, I can't think of to many times Big Ned has been shut out.  Good or bad they score, and for them to shut out Monty Barrow, that's a dang good defense.

I remember y’all getting shut out 49-0 last year by FB Marshall and Crosby dropping 37 and beating them 9 points the very next week. That’s was only six games ago.