Nederland Bulldogs at Dayton Broncos

lcm93

40 minutes ago, jake94 said:

I think Dayton has a better offense than us, but we have a much better defense. We should pull out enough stops to get a win. We aren’t very good though. The Hill and Crosby gonna have their way with us. Ned could be in a bind even if we win this…

I forgot yall still got BH too. Yeah yall can't afford a loss in this one. 

The offense HAS to change. Fusilier needs to be involved. Maybe less slip screens and bubble screens designed to #4 and more creative ways to put the ball in the best player’s hands. Defense can’t keep scoring, getting TO’s and have the offense stall out. Defense is also without starting corner and most likely free safety

5 hours ago, 3bsports said:

I’ll go with Big Ned on this one.  Coach has got to find a way to put points on the scoreboard.  He also needs to find someone who can consistently run the ball and not just the QB.  Do we know who is “out” this week?  Is #2?

I keep wondering about this missing offense of Nederland. TC has a strong defense and has only given up 10 points in the last 5 games. 

In the 4 games prior to TC, Nederland has averaged 38 points per game. 

Maybe the last game was simply because TC has a pretty good defense and they came out with a good game plan.

8 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I keep wondering about this missing offense of Nederland. TC has a strong defense and has only given up 10 points in the last 5 games. 

In the 4 games prior to TC, Nederland has averaged 38 points per game. 

Maybe the last game was simply because TC has a pretty good defense and they came out with a good game plan.

This is the worst offense Nederland has had in a very long time.  The points are being scored in large part to the defense.  I know you have been to the games or watched them online.  Can you not see the inconsistency and lack of firepower by our offense?  It is extremely obvious. 

Against TC the offense ran for -5 yards. 

53 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

This is the worst offense Nederland has had in a very long time.  The points are being scored in large part to the defense.  I know you have been to the games or watched them online.  Can you not see the inconsistency and lack of firepower by our offense?  It is extremely obvious. 

Holy Moly, that might be a Nederland record.  Still, I think the Bulldogs will win this one.  Ned teams never been one to lay down.  If the Coach can convince the kids they’re playing Vidor, they’ll not just win, they’ll win big.  😂🤣😂

37 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

Does Nederland have as many weapons as I have had in the past? No. I think going  into the Texas City game, Nederland had the third ranked offense in the district and was averaging over 300 yards a game. Is that comparable to past teams? No but it’s not exactly terrible either. No matter what, a team is limited by personnel. 

In a PNG game, the defense was the  hero. But people forget however that the offense  put up 360 yards including almost 200 yards rushing. 

Who knows, maybe this will be Dayton‘s big breakout game on defense after watching the TC video. Except against Santa Fe who is averaging 3  points a game and GCM who is averaging just over 7 points game, Dayton has held no other team under 40 points and two of those teams have scored over 50.

3 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Does Nederland have as many weapons as I have had in the past? No. I think going  into the Texas City game, Nederland had the third ranked offense in the district and was averaging over 300 yards a game. Is that comparable to past teams? No but it’s not exactly terrible either. No matter what, a team is limited by personnel. 

In a PNG game, the defense was the  hero. But people forget however that the offense  put up 360 yards including almost 200 yards rushing. 

Who knows, maybe this will be Dayton‘s big breakout game on defense after watching the TC video. Except against Santa Fe who is averaging 3  points a game and GCM who is averaging just over 7 points game, Dayton has held no other team under 40 points and two of those teams have scored over 50.

I wouldn’t base my forecast on previous games. After the Crosby beat down we have made a few adjustments and are improving with our second year coach. Still not world beaters but not with out talent either. We have one of  the best receiving cores in the district and will light you up if you don't have a solid secondary! Should be a fun game .

4 hours ago, dme1111 said:

The Dawgs lost a close game to the strongest team in the district, I don't understand the desperation. Nederland will beat Dayton and Barbers Hill, Crosby is difficult, but doable. They will most likely finish in the 3 seed and roll into the playoffs. The #10 rank was not realistic, maybe that and losing to TC is what has many beside themselves, but they are still in good shape.

1 hour ago, jayhawk said:

I wouldn’t base my forecast on previous games. After the Crosby beat down we have made a few adjustments and are improving with our second year coach. Still not world beaters but not with out talent either. We have one of  the best receiving cores in the district and will light you up if you don't have a solid secondary! Should be a fun game .

Absolutely. That’s why I never predict games and one of the biggest follies is trying to compare teams by what they did against a common or upcoming opponent. Many times it is meaningless.

1 hour ago, LetterJacket said:

The Dawgs lost a close game to the strongest team in the district, I don't understand the desperation. Nederland will beat Dayton and Barbers Hill, Crosby is difficult, but doable. They will most likely finish in the 3 seed and roll into the playoffs. The #10 rank was not realistic, maybe that and losing to TC is what has many beside themselves, but they are still in good shape.

TC ran 58 plays, got 204 total yards and scored 14 points, PNG and Silsbee scored twice as much on Nederland. TC plays offense like that against teams that can score they might lose three out of four down the stretch. Ned needed to come back in both of those games too, luck just caught up with them against TC. All TC showed against Ned is that if they can't run the ball consistently then their QB, who went 10-25, can't beat you. 

Ned struggles to defend the pass and Dayton is the most prolific passing team in the district, Broncos have the leading QB and receiver. I think they're going to score around 35 points on Nederland and coach Ware is probably going to model a lot of what TC did on defense. After seeing Ned struggle to move the ball on 0-6 Santa Fe and then getting shut out by TC, unless Dayton turns if over it just doesn't fee like they'll score enough points to win this one. 

I think in past years when the QB wasn’t the strength of the team, we lined up in the I formation a little more with a TE and tried to run more and run the clock.  Play good defense and eat the clock. Go over the top every now and then for the home run. I wouldn’t mind seeing #25 line up at FB about 5-10 offensive plays a game. Be fun to see #10 line up at TE for 5-10 offensive plays. 

17 hours ago, dme1111 said:

Agree, but the OL is big and seems to do the job.  I think most, if not all, are returners. Need to find someone to run the ball.  #8?