Vidor at LCM

piratevillain

two all you Vidor faithful IF YOU DONT WONT TO WALK  TWO MILES TO THE FIELD better get there around 5pm lol not  blowing smoke get a good parking place  up close  stop off at sonic and pick up burgers fried a nd a BIG DRINK.  i have see both teams i like Vidor love there fans i be live LC-M might have a slight edge in this one ,if they play like they did  agnest wo-s the edge goes to them. they have good speed and a super kicking game

5 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

two all you Vidor faithful IF YOU DONT WONT TO WALK  TWO MILES TO THE FIELD better get there around 5pm lol not  blowing smoke get a good parking place  up close  stop off at sonic and pick up burgers fried a nd a BIG DRINK.  i have see both teams i like Vidor love there fans i be live LC-M might have a slight edge in this one ,if they play like they did  agnest wo-s the edge goes to them. they have good speed and a super kicking game

LCM does not have a good kicking game😂

14 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

LCMs offense will attack Vidors corners with quick strike passes to take advantage of the big cushion they give. They will send the corners chasing a wr deep, then run outside. The longer throws will happen but expect some successful post routes in the seam of that cover 2 defense for big plays.

For Vidor , the offense must be clicking on all cylinders if they want to win. They need to play the underdog role because that's what they are. Can't go in expecting to win because the days of easy wins over LCM are over.

Vidor's secondary has been suspect and I expect LCM will try to exploit it. There were two games where they looked like burnt toast. One was the Silsbee game, and a few were playing new positions. The other was Splendora, not an excuse but they only played one game in a month and it showed. Vidor's DC doesn't get much credit on how great he is and at making adjustments. He's had the top defenses the past few seasons. And I know it's a new year and a new defense - More times than not, he has the defense in their correct spot and they rarely have bad angles on making plays. So, if he can create a good game plan for an explosive team like Lindale last year in the playoffs, I have faith, he'll have a good one for the Bears. Like Saban said Saturday on College Gameday, everyone is moving to the 3-4 and 3-3-5 defense. It keeps everything underneath to eliminate the deep threat, and allows players to swarm to the ball. Vidor doesn't blitz much because #99 will either draw double or triple teams which allows the DE's to get in the backfield and they'll only dial up a blitz in key situations.

Just now, piratevillain said:

That's Vidor's problem too with the kicking game. I wouldn't be surprised if both teams go for 2 all night.

LCM is bad on protection. Kick off and return is good. I don’t think Vidor has faced a well balanced offense yet. I was at the Silsbee game they really didn’t run the ball. They never had designed runs from they Qb. It’s going to be interesting how LCM and Vidor  match up. I’m really interested  what formation Coach Davis is gonna dial up for the wing t. I’d imagine they will move Washington down to tackle to anchor the dline.  I’d imagine everything is man to man playing Vidor. Vidor will probably want to be in the Zone and not to try to give up the big play. 

8 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

LCM is bad on protection. Kick off and return is good. I don’t think Vidor has faced a well balanced offense yet. I was at the Silsbee game they really didn’t run the ball. They never had designed runs from they Qb. It’s going to be interesting how LCM and Vidor  match up. I’m really interested  what formation Coach Davis is gonna dial up for the wing t. I’d imagine they will move Washington down to tackle to anchor the dline.  I’d imagine everything is man to man playing Vidor. Vidor will probably want to be in the Zone and not to try to give up the big play. 

That's what I'm interested in as well - how they matchup against each other cause Vidor hasn't seen a well balanced offense like LCM and LCM hasn't seen the Slot T and im not counting OF cause it was a scrimmage. lol But Silsbee really didn't run the ball at all, and Vidor's been consistent with the front seven stopping the run so far this season. It's going to be interesting how it plays out with Landry and Morris carrying the rock cause we haven't really seen a dual threat QB like him.

13 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

That's what I'm interested in as well - how they matchup against each other cause Vidor hasn't seen a well balanced offense like LCM and LCM hasn't seen the Slot T and im not counting OF cause it was a scrimmage. lol But Silsbee really didn't run the ball at all, and Vidor's been consistent with the front seven stopping the run so far this season. It's going to be interesting how it plays out with Landry and Morris carrying the rock cause we haven't really seen a dual threat QB like him.

Well LCM has been weak against the wing T under crouch. All new coaching staff I’d like to see what he does. He came from Orangefield so he has Wing T experience. I don’t count the scrimmage either. LCM plays a 4-3. Crouch would get in a 6-2 front. Honestly I don’t think it matters what front your in. it matters on how discipline your defense is. The goal for LCM is probably make y’all throw a bunch lol Reynolds and Davis run the ball well they don’t get many touches as the other two but they are down hill. 

26 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Well LCM has been weak against the wing T under crouch. All new coaching staff I’d like to see what he does. He came from Orangefield so he has Wing T experience. I don’t count the scrimmage either. LCM plays a 4-3. Crouch would get in a 6-2 front. Honestly I don’t think it matters what front your in. it matters on how discipline your defense is. The goal for LCM is probably make y’all throw a bunch lol Reynolds and Davis run the ball well they don’t get many touches as the other two but they are down hill. 

You're exactly right, i've seen so many different looks over the years against us. The main key is being disciplined and knowing your reads.

2 hours ago, piratevillain said:

aww come on, I thought pirates stick together whether we sail or sink the black pearl.🤣 

The nerve of DP#1FAN.  The scurvy knave is hereby removed from the Pirate’s Union.

And there are many others.  Currently in Pickums, LCM is holding a 16-6 advantage.  On the plus side, officially makes Vidor the underdog.  Hope the trend of Vidor playing their best as underdogs continues.  Lol, otherwise it’ll be a blowout.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

The nerve of DP#1FAN.  The scurvy knave is hereby removed from the Pirate’s Union.

And there are many others.  Currently in Pickums, LCM is holding a 16-6 advantage.  On the plus side, officially makes Vidor the underdog.  Hope the trend of Vidor playing their best as underdogs continues.  Lol, otherwise it’ll be a blowout.

I honestly feel more comfortable that we are underdogs. Cause if we lose, hey we were supposed to lose this game. But if we win, we just knocked off the #12 team in the state at their place.