Vidor at LCM

piratevillain

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

As far as our coverage area teams,Texan Live has contract with Silsbee, Barbers Hill, PN-G, BISD, Huffman, East Chambers, Turner Stadium, Randall Reed Stadium, Dayton, Crosby and West Orange-Stark home games.

Texan Live can only cover so many games due to personnel so sometimes teams that may have been broadcast before do not get in a particular week.

Also, during the regular season, Texan Live and any other video broadcast, has to get permission from both schools, home and visitor, for them to broadcast a game. If one team says no, then no broadcast unless the home team has a contract with Texan Live for their home games. Texan Live has all the video broadcast rights to all UIL football playoffs.

I am not aware of any contract between Texan Live and LC-M. I know that sometimes TL will pick some games and negotiate with those two schools participating in that particular game.

I will say this, I know for a fact that Vidor has said no to TL in the past. Not saying this is the case for this game, but just saying.

So do the teams that don't have a contract with TL have a right to video their own games ? Was last years filming of games just allowed due to COIVID 2020 ? Are does TL own  all rights to all of Texas teams ? Who is the ultimate authority , TL or the UIL ?

Serious questions so please be civil with your answer

6 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

So do the teams that don't have a contract with TL have a right to video their own games ? Was last years filming of games just allowed due to COIVID 2020 ? Are does TL own  all rights to all of Texas teams ? Who is the ultimate authority , TL or the UIL ?

TL does not own the rights to all Texas teams.  PNG and I believe another team have their own streaming service.  And yes, UIL is the one who allowed the streaming of games last year due to Covid and carried that over to this year.

40 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Three hours ago on previous page, AAW gave a pretty good explanation.  

I’ve seen them do that for Pro & College games prior to artificial turf.

FYI, worked with a Naval Reservist who was a helicopter pilot.  He said hovering in place was very difficult because you’re throwing air down faster than more can come in.  Dumb me, I’d thought it was easy.

7 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Dumb me, that’s who you were addressing, quoting and asking.  I’ll attempt to get my head out of my…….wherever it’s at, lol.  

7 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

UIL has waived the Friday night ban on video broadcasting for this season just like last year. Any school can video broadcast their games at home. Schools would have to get permission from the home team when they are the visiting team to video broadcast away games.

Texan Live gets contracts from schools to buy the rights to video broadcast those schools games during regular season. Some schools prefer their own, some contract it out. Texan Live owns the rights to all playoff games, all classifications. They purchased those rights through the UIL. No school or any other video broadcast entity, can video broadcast a playoff game unless they receive written permission from Texan Live.

Hope this helps you out.

36 minutes ago, mat said:

LCM hosted the regional marching contest every year. They got to host it every year because they were so good at it. They were serious enough to get a helicopter the day before. Inevitably they lost to the artificial turf fields.

Yeah, I remember going there back in the 70's for UIL Marching. They always seemed to have the nicest stadium back then. Unfortundately hasn't changed alot since then though.

1 hour ago, piratevillain said:

Great previews on both teams. I cannot wait til Friday night either!

Sure are.  Rarely get to see both sides previewed.  Hope Vidor has completely immuned themselves from turnovers.  I thought the TL announcers last week said Vidor was even (7-7) in TO’s prior to the Splendora game.  If so, now they’re 7-12.  Maybe LCM will help us out.  😄🙏😄

13 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Sure are.  Rarely get to see both sides previewed.  Hope Vidor has completely immuned themselves from turnovers.  I thought the TL announcers last week said Vidor was even (7-7) in TO’s prior to the Splendora game.  If so, now they’re 7-12.  Maybe LCM will help us out.  😄🙏😄

I hope they got that fumblitis out of their system as well and the coaches went back to the basics on ball security this week, and relearned those fundamentals. Maybe LCM can get us back on the + side in the turnover margin Friday night! 🙏🏻😂

4 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

I hope they got that fumblitis out of their system as well and the coaches went back to the basics on ball security this week, and relearned those fundamentals. Maybe LCM can get us back on the + side in the turnover margin Friday night! 🙏🏻😂

I think our Qb has only thrown 3 interceptions all year. Also LCM and Vidor were on side line to side line if you listhen to them. They said Vidor didn’t make the playoffs last year😂😂

29 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I think our Qb has only thrown 3 interceptions all year. Also LCM and Vidor were on side line to side line if you listhen to them. They said Vidor didn’t make the playoffs last year😂😂

That's really good, I was curious how many he has thrown so far this season. But I haven't listened to Sideline to Sideline, but now I am saying Vidor didn't make the playoffs, cause I'm curious who they thought made it then!? 😂 Like the late comedic legend Rodney Dangerfield once said, "I (Vidor) don't get no respect, I tell ya!"

On 10/8/2021 at 11:36 PM, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I was about to post that. LCM has only face Orangefield in a scrimmage. Everyone else has been in the spread. It will be interesting. Our DC came from OF so he should know what to scheme

Davis will be the difference maker he knows this offense backwards and forward , how to run it and how to defend it .

1 hour ago, piratevillain said:

That's really good, I was curious how many he has thrown so far this season. But I haven't listened to Sideline to Sideline, but now I am saying Vidor didn't make the playoffs, cause I'm curious who they thought made it then!? 😂 Like the late comedic legend Rodney Dangerfield once said, "I (Vidor) don't get no respect, I tell ya!"

They also didn't know where the Golden Triangle is. They thought it might be around here but then they decided it was in Corpus Christi. I fired off a correctionemail to them.😉