Vidor at LCM

piratevillain

22 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Morris kid nursing an ankle injury. Hit Landry in the mouth and the tears will follow. Seen that kid shed too many tears when things get tough. 

“kill’em all, let the paramedics sort’em out”

Man that’s kind of classless. Calling out kids by name and then saying kill them. I know your bitter because LCM beat you through your high school career. 

2 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Man that’s kind of classless. Calling out kids by name and then saying kill them. I know your bitter because LCM beat you through your high school career. 

Beat me?!? Nah…didn’t go to Vidor during high school. But good try! 

Is this better…hit the QB 🤦🏼‍♂️

2 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Beat me?!? Nah…didn’t go to Vidor during high school. But good try! 

Is this better…hit the QB 🤦🏼‍♂️

Where you from then? I’m just saying if gonna hide behind the computer some dads might want to meet up before the game. Your calling out there kids man 

8 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Oh yea! Let’s get this started, new coach and they think they can just schedule us for homecoming… the nerve of these guys. I hope we hang 35 on em again… wait they might score 40. We better hang 55 on em this time.

vidor, lumberton always options considered for homecoming for LCM lol

48 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Morris kid nursing an ankle injury. Hit Landry in the mouth and the tears will follow. Seen that kid shed too many tears when things get tough. 

“kill’em all, let the paramedics sort’em out”

People like you are the ones that give Vidor a bad name. What a jackass. 

Vidor has one thing going for it, appears we’re the underdogs.  Expect a big effort from the Pirates, and they’ll need every bit of it.

Jasper is one common opponent.  LCM wins 13-0 (1 TD scoop & go) and Vidor wins 8-7, so LCM gets a slight edge but not enough to say this is a lock.  Also LCM has home field, so based on the bookies, that’s a 3 point edge there.  Still, I think it’s going to be a nail biter, whoever wins.

Hope LCM’s field is not in bad shape after the Jasper game.  Neither team can afford injuries.

33 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Kind of thought the same thing, at least leave the kids names out of it. I wouldn't like it at all if someone said that type of crap about my nephew on this board.

3 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Vidor has one thing going for it, appears we’re the underdogs.  Expect a big effort from the Pirates, and they’ll need every bit of it.

Jasper is one common opponent.  LCM wins 13-0 (1 TD scoop & go) and Vidor wins 8-7, so LCM gets a slight edge but not enough to say this is a lock.  Also LCM has home field, so based on the bookies, that’s a 3 point edge there.  Still, I think it’s going to be a nail biter, whoever wins.

Hope LCM’s field is not in bad shape after the Jasper game.  Neither team can afford injuries.

I was thinking the same last night about LCM's field conditions.

5 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

Kind of thought the same thing, at least leave the kids names out of it. I wouldn't like it at all if someone said that type of crap about my nephew on this board.

Yep. I agree. I don’t have a kid on the field but I do know several of the parents. I understand wanting to talk smack but these are high school kids. No point in calling them out like that. You always respect your opponent. 

16 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Yep. I agree. I don’t have a kid on the field but I do know several of the parents. I understand wanting to talk smack but these are high school kids. No point in calling them out like that. You always respect your opponent. 

Agreed. I'm all for smack talking and its what makes these games fun. But there are boundaries, like don't make it personal, don't call kids out, and always respect your opponent like you said.

We’re going to find out a lot about the LCM defensive front, if they can rally and tackle all night long then they have a shot to win. But they better have some depth and the ability to swap out down linemen because every game I have watched Vidor play this season, it’s a wrap in the 4th quarter the opposing defense is done for and it’s smooth sailing for the Pirate offense. If they don’t get behind the chains with penalties and mistakes and you allow them to keep the chain gang moving the sticks. That little Pirate offensive line has major stamina, they can come at you all night long. The running backs will bring it for 4 quarters and the QB is tough as nails. If the LCM offense comes out hot and I suspect they will have some very good plays dialed up to test the Vidor secondary, the Pirate D just needs to weather the storm and not let it get out of hand early so we can play the long game. I have seen way too many times in recent past where the Bears give Vidor a good game until half time or for 3 quarters but the Pirates always seem to wear them down. Oh and like the other guy said, hit their Quarterback, this would be a good game to use our big weapon, our own stout Defensive line.

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

We’re going to find out a lot about the LCM defensive front, if they can rally and tackle all night long then they have a shot to win. But they better have some depth and the ability to swap out down linemen because every game I have watched Vidor play this season, it’s a wrap in the 4th quarter the opposing defense is done for and it’s smooth sailing for the Pirate offense. If they don’t get behind the chains with penalties and mistakes and you allow them to keep the chains moving. That little Pirate offensive line has major stamina, they can come at you all night long. The running backs will bring it for 4 quarters and the QB is tough as nails. If the LCM offense comes out hot and I suspect they will have some very good plays dialed up to test the Vidor secondary, the Pirate D just needs to weather the storm and not let it get to out of hand early so we can play the long game. I have seen way to many times in recent past where the Bears give Vidor a good game until half time or for 3 quarters but the Pirates always seem to wear them down. Oh and like the other guy said, hit their Quarterback, it would be a good game to use our big weapon, our own stout Defensive line.

LCM rotates the dline out. They have about 42 on the roster. Crouch I was had us at about 30kids 

9 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

LCM rotates the dline out. They have about 42 on the roster. Crouch I was had us at about 30kids 

That’s a good thing, should be a good game. The one thing Vidor has not seen this season is a brick wall defense that forces them to get a little creative and throw the ball some. Jasper came the closest, but even then we moved the ball into the red zone several times and a couple times inside the 10 yard line. Didn’t really need to throw it but man when I tell you this Vidor team will make mistakes, I mean it. We like to give the ball away and let you have it back after we maul you and drive all the way down the field. Yet somehow they have found a way to win all of these games.