Barbers Hill 35 Port Neches-Groves 49/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

Just now, Stattrax said:

I’ll eat some crow. I didn’t see this happening. I watched a lot of film and those guys looked better than tonight. We caught a few breaks and kept our heads in the game. But I’ll eat my crow for sure. The running game opened up the passing game and we played pretty good football without a ton of errors…..

Yes we had a pretty good game. When was the last time you saw and Indian team have over five sacks in a game?

2 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Yes we had a pretty good game. When was the last time you saw and Indian team have over five sacks in a game?

Yeah, it was a pretty good job by our defensive line. And once we made the move and moved the sophomore safety to corner, and brought in the other safety, we looked much better defensively. Their QB getting tossed was a good break for us as well. And we gifted them a TD on the muffed punt. BH was very undisciplined, they had multiple personal fouls. 

2 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Yeah, it was a pretty good job by our defensive line. And once we made the move and moved the sophomore safety to corner, and brought in the other safety, we looked much better defensively. Their QB getting tossed was a good break for us as well. And we gifted them a TD on the muffed punt. BH was very undisciplined, they had multiple personal fouls. 

Id say this is a signature win for Faircloth. 

10 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

I’ll eat some crow. I didn’t see this happening. I watched a lot of film and those guys looked better than tonight. We caught a few breaks and kept our heads in the game. But I’ll eat my crow for sure. The running game opened up the passing game and we played pretty good football without a ton of errors…..

But did you run a fake punt or recover an inside kick?

3 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Id say this is a signature win for Faircloth. 

I wouldn’t say signature, but a good one. It helps our chances out tremendously for getting a playoff spot. He had a few really good play calls tonight IMO. Definitely something to build on and gain momentum.

6 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

You guys are so dumb it hurts. 

You and TradenUp are the most reasonable BH fans on here. Y’all won’t say that stuff but others will. The reason you pay the money to hire Abseck is so you don’t do exactly BH has done the last two weeks. Absolutely no reason BH shouldn’t have finished at least 2nd in the district this year, first year coach or not. 

BH currently has their best backfield since Denny and O’Neal, they have their best receiving core in history maybe. Yet they might finish 5th?(I personally think y’all will beat Ned and get in). You can make a good argument for BH having the second most talent in the district this year. That almost never happens.  

The most wrong assumption you can make is that y’all will automatically be better in the coming years because two of your best skill players are sophomores though. I’ve made that mistake multiple times myself over the years. May be something to your DC comment as I posted a couple weeks ago. Luckily y’all get a bye week to regroup with Santa Fe coming to town. 

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You and TradenUp are the most reasonable BH fans on here. Y’all won’t say that stuff but others will. The reason you pay the money to hire Abseck is so you don’t do exactly BH has done the last two weeks. Absolutely no reason BH shouldn’t have finished at least 2nd in the district this year, first year coach or not. 

BH currently has their best backfield since Denny and O’Neal, they have their best receiving core in history maybe. Yet they might finish 5th?(I personally think y’all will beat Ned and get in). You can make a good argument for BH having the second most talent in the district this year. That almost never happens.  

The most wrong assumption you can make is that y’all will automatically be better in the coming years because two of your best skill players are sophomores though. I’ve made that mistake multiple times myself over the years. May be something to your DC comment as I posted a couple weeks ago. Luckily y’all get a bye week to regroup with Santa Fe coming to town. 

BH got away from what was working for them. Maybe over adjusted IMO. They have 2 really good receivers and a quick back. They are very undisciplined and kinda hurt themselves at times. The 2 point thing is mind boggling because their kicker has a big leg. But maybe it’s the style they want to play. I don’t know the percentages on 2 point conversions, but it seems interesting to me. I would like to watch them versus Nederland.