Nederland 2 Texas City 14/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

7 hours ago, spidersal said:

Did you watch the offense vs Texas City!  The OL was BAD, the QB was BAD, the pass routes were BAD.  There is either a major lack of talent are poor coaching are a combination of the 2.  Yes, the same coaching staff, so where does the problem lie?

You can use "or" instead of "are". Up to you. 

59 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

I have no words (that is can say on here) for the Ned offense.  The defense can only hold so long. There needs to be some major shakeups on the offense side this week before they play BH and Crosby.

Gotta put Fuselier in the backfield.  MUST.  We have some decent WR that can catch if we can move the ball on the ground.  Maybe even put him at QB.  He is the KEY.  

No excuses here, Ned is struggling skill wise on the Offensive side of the ball. No quick fix or magic potion for a lack of Jimmy and Joe's. The D is carrying us. Again, Props to the coaching staff for a 5-1 start with a limited hand.  Texas City is gonna have a lot to say about who wins this district. Congrats to a Salty TC squad.  

13 minutes ago, outanup said:

No excuses here, Ned is struggling skill wise on the Offensive side of the ball. No quick fix or magic potion for a lack of Jimmy and Joe's. The D is carrying us. Again, Props to the coaching staff for a 5-1 start with a limited hand.  Texas City is gonna have a lot to say about who wins this district. Congrats to a Salty TC squad.  

Ask Crosby how their swap of Dunn and Branch last year after the Nederland game affected their playoff run.  My point is that switches can and have been made with HUGE success.  Its never too late.  This would completely change Nederlands offense. 

37 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

Ask Crosby how their swap of Dunn and Branch last year after the Nederland game affected their playoff run.  My point is that switches can and have been made with HUGE success.  Its never too late.  This would completely change Nederlands offense. 

Something needs to be done , that is for sure.

44 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

Big Ned don’t have a Dunn or a Branch. 

3 minutes ago, PNGFaithful said:

TC seems to have a good defense. 

They do.  They are quick to the ball and gang tackle.  Their D line was in the backfield all night and stuffing the run. Ned had a couple of chances to score but the ball was under thrown or off target.

4 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

They do.  They are quick to the ball and gang tackle.  Their D line was in the backfield all night and stuffing the run. Ned had a couple of chances to score but the ball was under thrown or off target.

That’s our issue, we don’t put pressure on the QB and usually only rush 3. 

1 hour ago, dme1111 said:

If y’all put Fuselier at QB please wait until after the Crosby game like we did with Dunn. We need him touching it as few times as possible. On the flipside if Ned uses him like they did the Seay kid at QB he might be worn down by the time he makes it to us. 

Just now, Cougar14.2 said:

If y’all put Fuselier at QB please wait until after the Crosby game like we did with Dunn. We need him touching it as few times as possible. On the flipside if Ned uses him like they did the Seay kid at QB he might be worn down by the time he makes it to us. 

Lol.  TC was doubling him all night.  They had two DBs high/low on him.  The few times he did get free he made a couple of good plays.

1 game tripping out! get 8 the ball more plus 13. Use 23 in backfield with 9. 13 runs good but needs to be before accurate on his. Throwing.dogs will be alright with a few minor adjustments.we have what we have and have to go out and play hard nose 😆

Defense is good enough but can not keep carrying the offense worn out from being on the field to long. By the way texas city good game

2 hours ago, chief1987 said:

Big Ned don’t have a Dunn or a Branch. 

They have a Fuselier.  Good enough for me.  

I did some Research,  Fuselier is definitely comparable. 

Fuselier 5'10 170 4.58  37 vert

Dunn     5'11 185 4.5     33 vert

Branch  6.1   180  4.4    not listed

4 hours ago, dme1111 said:

yea but we went from a good offense, to nearly unstoppable offense. Something else is going on beyond just skill position issues. I think you should play Fuselier at Running back however never seen him throw maybe he could play QB. Dunn and Branch had both played QB for a varsity team before we switched them. 

10 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

yea but we went from a good offense, to nearly unstoppable offense. Something else is going on beyond just skill position issues. I think you should play Fuselier at Running back however never seen him throw maybe he could play QB. Dunn and Branch had both played QB for a varsity team before we switched them. 

He’s their only threat. 

37 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

You guys definitely did.  Unbelievable run.  

I though Fuselier had played some QB early on.  I could be 100%wrong.  Either way, he is being wasted being double covered every play.  In the games where he was played RB he has broken loose.  He could change our season and give us HOPE of making the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, dme1111 said:

They have a Fuselier.  Good enough for me.  

I did some Research,  Fuselier is definitely comparable. 

Fuselier 5'10 170 4.58  37 vert

Dunn     5'11 185 4.5     33 vert

Branch  6.1   180  4.4    not listed

I would say 2 is better than 1, Fuselier is a stud but they need someone else also.

Put #11 at RB. He could possibly get 3-4 yards a carry. Simply need to find a QB who is an accurate passer.  I don’t know if they have one.  I know if they lose to Dayton the season is probably over. I just can’t see them beating BH or Crosby the way they are playing now.  I know they beat PNG for Mid County Madness and ONG beat BH, however PNG’s offense is much better than the Dogs offense.  Dayton, BH, and Crosby are very capable of scoring a lot of points